PDA

View Full Version : WGR55 Regier and Ruff to be retained...

bigbub2352
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Wow, what do they have to do to be fired? i think Ruff should stay but Regier is a joke

http://www.wgr550.com/Ruff-and-Regier-retain-their-jobs/4223212

rbochan
04-17-2009, 02:32 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u250/madhu_vati/131.jpg

Philagape
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow, what do they have to do to be fired?

Do a Nancy Kerrigan on Vanek and Miller?

SabreEleven
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
80 percent of the season tickets were renewed..why change a thing?

chernobylwraiths
04-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Must have been a thorough check on all aspects of the team. Top to bottom.

Michael82
04-17-2009, 03:32 PM
:rofl: This team will never learn!

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I am glad Ruff is staying. Reiger I could do without.

IMO the real problem is Quinn and Golisano though.

Tiburon1724
04-17-2009, 04:17 PM
80 percent of the season tickets were renewed..why change a thing?

Well they're not turning a profit since they're not making the playoffs, that would be enough for me

PUCKER
04-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Id be glad if the keep Ruff. Now Regier on the other hand...:down:

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm fine with keeping Ruff.

Reiger needs to go. He stands by his garbage WAY too much and will never make any wholesale changes. As long as he's here, fighting for the 8th seed is the best this team will do.

snow1989
04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not high on Regier...I just don't think he's willing to pull the trigger enough and gets too 'attached' to certain players. Sometimes you just have to dump guys and swallow your ego.

Ruff should definitely be retained...he can't be expected to deliver cavair with chopped beef ( see Hecht, Numminen ) and frankly...I don't see anyone that could do any better with what he's had to work with.

User Manuel
04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
...sigh. Well, we wont have to worry about violence in hockey next season in Buffalo, well, unless it is being perpetrated on a Sabre.

JD
04-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm glad Ruff is staying, Regier should resign.

SabreEleven
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I wonder if they are going to keep the same video scouts?

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Why does the city of buffalo suck so much at life, common sense and sports so much?

Blah. **** darcy reiger. he has let more stars walk out of this ****ing city. we would have a cup by now if it wasnt for his sorry ass

SabreEleven
04-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Ruff is a good coach. I think the player have stopped buying into his system and listening to him.

Nighthawk
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, well...I guess they believe mediocrity will sell. They better make a big move or there will be a lot of empty seats next year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Part of the evaluation has focused on players. The development and production of numerous players either stalled or dwindled this season. Ownership has a core of Sabres it is certain can lead the team toward the Stanley Cup, and Quinn wanted to make sure those players could have a healthy relationship with the people deciding their contracts and playing time.

"We just know who the players are that are critical to the success of this team," Quinn said. "Players have got to be involved if we’re going to have success. It’s not a case of the inmates running the asylum, but if we’re going ask them to step up and assume leadership, they have to be part of the process."
http://www.buffalonews.com/489/story/642856.html

Nighthawk
04-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Part of the evaluation has focused on players. The development and production of numerous players either stalled or dwindled this season. Ownership has a core of Sabres it is certain can lead the team toward the Stanley Cup, and Quinn wanted to make sure those players could have a healthy relationship with the people deciding their contracts and playing time.

"We just know who the players are that are critical to the success of this team," Quinn said. "Players have got to be involved if we’re going to have success. It’s not a case of the inmates running the asylum, but if we’re going ask them to step up and assume leadership, they have to be part of the process."

So this sounds like this moronic organization just can't get it through their thick skull that these players ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! What the f**k? Seriously, how stupid are Regier and Quinn? A f**kin' blind squirrell could tell that these puss*es aren't good enough!

SabreEleven
04-18-2009, 12:51 AM

Blah, blah, puke, puke, diarrhea, diarrhea....

SabreEleven
04-18-2009, 12:53 AM

Can someone translate this into English please? What the hell is this suppose to mean?

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Can someone translate this into English please? What the hell is this suppose to mean?

It means the team will be the same next year except they'll bring in a few 4th liners.

rbochan
04-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Keeping the status quo certainly makes my decisions about ticket purchases simpler.