PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez key to our draft

Bill Cody
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
NFL Draftcountdown now projects Jacksonville to take Mark Sanchez at #8. That would be bad news for us. We need him to be on the board at 11. If he is, we may have a suitor in either the Jets or the Broncos at 17 and 18. The thing is, 17 or 18 will net us a similar group of players we're talking about at 11. The difference is we could pick up an extra 2nd. But if Sanchez is gone, we're probably stuck at 11.

This draft needs to be an A+ draft for us, I'm sick of the usual C drafts. To get an A+ you need to be aggressive and be lucky. Sanchez dropping to 11 would be a piece of good luck- then it would be up to us to make something with the luck.

kernowboy
04-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I think the Jags will trade down with either the Broncos or the Redskins.

I don't see Sanchez sliding past the 49ers when you think who they have at QB, and how much they were prepared to throw at Warner.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Rumor in DC is that the Seahawks want Dirty Sanchez at 4 and the Skins may try to trade up to get him.

BILLSROCK1212
04-17-2009, 02:00 PM
NFL Draftcountdown now projects Jacksonville to take Mark Sanchez at #8. That would be bad news for us. We need him to be on the board at 11. If he is, we may have a suitor in either the Jets or the Broncos at 17 and 18. The thing is, 17 or 18 will net us a similar group of players we're talking about at 11. The difference is we could pick up an extra 2nd. But if Sanchez is gone, we're probably stuck at 11.

This draft needs to be an A+ draft for us, I'm sick of the usual C drafts. To get an A+ you need to be aggressive and be lucky. Sanchez dropping to 11 would be a piece of good luck- then it would be up to us to make something with the luck.
the broncos pick right after us....the only reason they would swap with us is if they feel another team is trying to make a deal w/ us