Michael Johnson

What are the odds he's there at 28

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Michael Johnson

Depends on if the reports of TB being "in love" with him are true. Theoretically, Johnson should be there at 28...though I'm not even sure if he's worth that pick. I'd rather wait to see if he drops to 42, honestly.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I dont know much about it, except he was an atheltic phenom that has slipped big time.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        What are the odds he's there at 28
        Good odds. Him, Ayers or Sidbury would be great selections for us at 28. Sidbury would be my first choice.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
          Good odds. Him, Ayers or Sidbury would be great selections for us at 28. Sidbury would be my first choice.
          I really don't think Sidbury has risen that much. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still see him as a mid-to-late second round guy.
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

i think we trade down for pettigrew
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              I dont know much about it, except he was an atheltic phenom that has slipped big time.
              I'm not real knowledgeable on his situation. I believe DraftBoy mentioned before that while Johnson is a hard worker, he gets easily discouraged if he's not making plays.

According to draftcountdown.com:

Strengths:
              Has a large rangy frame with extremely long arms...Outstanding athleticism...Great speed...Quick and agile...Terrific range...Explosive with a burst...Does a nice job in pursuit and closes in a hurry...Great leaper and will bat down passes...A terror off the edge...Has shown the ability to make impact plays...Decent production...Has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
              Lean with average bulk...Isn't very strong, tough or physical...Has a terrible motor...Will get manhandled at times...Almost a non-factor against the run...Is not stout at the point and gets pushed around...Sub par instincts...Runs himself out of plays...Limited experience...Plays with poor leverage...Intensity and commitment have been questioned.
              Last edited by psubills62; 04-17-2009, 02:14 PM.
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                I really don't think Sidbury has risen that much. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still see him as a mid-to-late second round guy.
                Pass rushers are a premium these days and after the season he had and the performance at the combine he wont last past Cincinnati in the second.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                  I'm not real knowledgeable on his situation. I believe DraftBoy mentioned before that while Johnson is a hard worker, he gets easily discouraged if he's not making plays.

According to draftcountdown.com:

Strengths:
                  Has a large rangy frame with extremely long arms...Outstanding athleticism...Great speed...Quick and agile...Terrific range...Explosive with a burst...Does a nice job in pursuit and closes in a hurry...Great leaper and will bat down passes...A terror off the edge...Has shown the ability to make impact plays...Decent production...Has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
                  Lean with average bulk...Isn't very strong, tough or physical...Has a terrible motor...Will get manhandled at times...Almost a non-factor against the run...Is not stout at the point and gets pushed around...Sub par instincts...Runs himself out of plays...Limited experience...Plays with poor leverage...Intensity and commitment have been questioned.
                  The negatives WAY outweigh the positives. He's not right in the head. This is what busts are made of. I don't want this guy anywhere on the radar.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    Pass rushers are a premium these days and after the season he had and the performance at the combine he wont last past Cincinnati in the second.
                    Maybe so, but teams have a lot of other needs too, like OT. Sidbury is good, but I just don't think he has a first-round grade. Like I said, I could be wrong...it only takes one team to like him. But that would be a huge rise in draft stock, and I just don't think he'll go in the first round.
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                    X