PDA

View Full Version : What I see the bills doing in round 1

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I”ll have to put some more thought into it and talk to a few people and see if maybe I can find out a little scoop, but don’t be so sure the Bills draft a LT at #11 or even #28.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
There is an above average chance the Bills will simply move Langston Walker to LT and Kirk Chambers to RT.<o:p></o:p>
I think it all comes down to Michael Oher and if the Bills have him for value at #11. If they do, they probably take him and move on (meaning chambers is probably your LG, which I HATE)<o:p></o:p>
But I could see the Bills going Maybin or Everette Brown at #11 and coming back with a LG at #28. Maybe Duke Robinson, or maybe one of the centers (Mack, Unger) ß- I don’t know a heck of a lot about them.<o:p></o:p>

tampabay25690
04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Unger I think will be around in round 2 when we draft. Great Center at Oregon....
There is so many ways the BILLS can go now.
DE, OLB, G, OT, TE
I can see the TE from OK ST now being a traget for the Bills at 28..

bigbub2352
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
My scenario would be Oher at 11 and using the 1st and 4th to trade down and get Pettigrew,
then in the 2nd rd OLB
3rd rd DE cause we got way to much money tied up with the 3 white boys
4th rd LG
5th rd SS
6th rd FB
7th rd Dline

we come up strong with that draft

Philagape
04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
As long as they get an OT, DE and interior OL with the three first-day picks. But if this team has a shred of hope of contending at any point, it has to be a home-run sweep, and what are the chances of that?

kernowboy
04-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I think teams have a love/loath impression of Oher

I would go with Everette Brown at 11, and move up for William Beatty in R1 using the extra Philly pick.

I'd go with another DL in R2, a LB in R3 and because interior linemen always seem to fall, a OL in R4. There seems to have been some decent TE in R5 recently and I think we can get a sleeper here and then round out the draft with a QB and maybe another OL sleeper.

Having signed McKinney and Hartgartner I don't think we'll see a center unless he's a UDFA

jimbohastle51
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I”ll have to put some more thought into it and talk to a few people and see if maybe I can find out a little scoop, but don’t be so sure the Bills draft a LT at #11 or even #28.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is an above average chance the Bills will simply move Langston Walker to LT and Kirk Chambers to RT.<o:p></o:p>
I think it all comes down to Michael Oher and if the Bills have him for value at #11. If they do, they probably take him and move on (meaning chambers is probably your LG, which I HATE)<o:p></o:p>
But I could see the Bills going Maybin or Everette Brown at #11 and coming back with a LG at #28. Maybe Duke Robinson, or maybe one of the centers (Mack, Unger) ß- I don’t know a heck of a lot about them.<o:p></o:p>

pat please tell me that in no way you see them giving up both picks to get a LT in the top ten?? that would be the most idiotic move this team could make. it would be giving up a all pro left tackle to pay a rookie LT around 10 million a year. if smith is there at 11 take him if not take your defensive player and then just make sure you get at least a top G prospect or tackle at 28. then TE or G or T in the 2nd. but i dont see us being a playoff team if we are starting jeff hangartner and two rookies at LG and LT. no way we win more than 6 games with the pass rushes we face. we dont have peyton manning playing QB, trent will die after 4 weeks behind a line like that.

Philagape
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Watch, it'll be Jenkins and Pettigrew! :insane:

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
pat please tell me that in no way you see them giving up both picks to get a LT in the top ten?? that would be the most idiotic move this team could make. it would be giving up a all pro left tackle to pay a rookie LT around 10 million a year. if smith is there at 11 take him if not take your defensive player and then just make sure you get at least a top G prospect or tackle at 28. then TE or G or T in the 2nd. but i dont see us being a playoff team if we are starting jeff hangartner and two rookies at LG and LT. no way we win more than 6 games with the pass rushes we face. we dont have peyton manning playing QB, trent will die after 4 weeks behind a line like that.
no, I definitely dont see them doing it.

For whatever reason, although Walker admitted he prefers the Right Side, I think they will move him to LT and either draft a RT or stick Chambers there, in which case they'd need a LG.

I think at #11 they will take the BPA, and if that happens to be Oher, so be it.

All I know, is I'd rather have Chambers play RT than LG if he must start. I think Chambers will be a complete disaster at LG. He's not strong enough.

EDS
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Unger I think will be around in round 2 when we draft. Great Center at Oregon....
There is so many ways the BILLS can go now.
DE, OLB, G, OT, TE
I can see the TE from OK ST now being a traget for the Bills at 28..

There are so many ways they can go because they have so many holes to fill.

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Trade Up for Curry. Who cares about our holes at this point... we have too many to fill... if the dam is going to collapse on the city of buffalo we might as well draft someone who can sell some jerseys so ralph can fill with coffin with a couple extra bucks...

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Trade Up for Curry. Who cares about our holes at this point... we have too many to fill... if the dam is going to collapse on the city of buffalo we might as well draft someone who can sell some jerseys so ralph can fill with coffin with a couple extra bucks...
Gonna move all the way up to 3rd pick (4th at worst) ?

BillsWin
04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Id really REALLY like to see Alex Mack in a Bills uniform. Can't Hangnarter play OG?

Mr. Pink
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I can honestly see us targeting Pettigrew with the 11th pick now seeing we have another 1st rounder.

Pettigrew, Mack and Sintim on day one? I'd be happy with that.

Devin
04-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I would LOVE to see us daft Oher, I watch him plenty every year and I truly believe he could be the pick of the litter, that guy is a monster. He would be a fantastic pickup imo.

Forward_Lateral
04-17-2009, 04:33 PM
If they don't address the LT situation Day 1, or in some other manner, I will mail a turd to OBD.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
i'd like to see the Bills trade down and get an extra 2nd Rounder. if the FO doesn't **** up, they could have a solid draft and fill in some holes. it may not be pretty but i'd like to see them strictly address the OL and DL with a LB in the mix.

Nighthawk
04-17-2009, 04:43 PM
i'd like to see the Bills trade down and get an extra 2nd Rounder. if the FO doesn't **** up, they could have a solid draft and fill in some holes. it may not be pretty but i'd like to see them strictly address the OL and DL with a LB in the mix.

I agree...this draft could be very good for this team's talent base. I'm very excited to see how the Bills handle it. I'm scared that they'll f**k it up, but I'm excited by the possibilities that could come from this draft.

Lefty2985
04-17-2009, 07:05 PM
i honestly believe that we will not take a LT right away. d bell will start. 11th pick prob a DE then 28th i think we got we will go prob LG and get D. robinson. then in the 2nd go with TE cook. that would make me happy pending who we get at DE. but if raji falls we have to take him at 11.

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Gonna move all the way up to 3rd pick (4th at worst) ?

this team has no chance this year. i hate to be such a downer but... i dont see anything to be excited about.

after week one or two the entire country will be laughing at us ass t.o. *****es and moans about how bad this organization is.

TigerJ
04-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Chris Brown, though he won't admit to the trade having taken place, thinks it will be Walker at left tackle, Chambers at left guard and Bell at right tackle. He thinks the Bills are very high on Bell and believe he'll eventually start at left tackle. Brown thinks the Bills will take someone like Cushing or Brown at #11 and maybe Alex Mack at #28. Most people think Mack can play guard too. Hangartner, we know, can play guard, so that would set the Bills up to be very flexible on the interior of their line. What we don't know is whether or not they can be any good. Brown says the Bills could go with Eben Britten at #28 too. I think Beatty is the next guy after the top 4 offensive tackles who is a natural left tackle. I think he has to get stronger and more physical though.

The Jokeman
04-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Oher was growing on me more and more as the draft approached. Now that we've dealt Peters he makes more logical sense. If he struggles at LT we could easily shift him to LG if needed.

Philagape
04-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Quotes on Alex Mack:

Cal coaches call Mack, a hard-working student on and off the field, the complete package, with great intelligence and technique, tremendous vision and amazing awareness of his surroundings. He plays through the whistle on every down and is a team-first player who was the key to the Golden Bears' zone-blocking schemes.
-- Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout

Best center prospect in a very long time and will carry a higher grade than Nick Mangold
-- Matt McGuire, Walterfootball.com

His ability to control the line of scrimmage is special, and he could be the rare center taken in the first round.
-- Football’s Future

The total package who has everything you look for in terms of both physical tools and intangibles.
-- Scott Wright’s Draft Countdown

In my opinion, Mack is the top lineman in 2009, period.
Few college players think the game like Mack does. His ability to get to the second level is elite and he wreaks havoc on linebackers and defensive backs.
Other than a few fixable issues, Mack is the complete package that will anchor an o-line from day one.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2009_NFL_Draft/Alex_Mack.htm

kid mickey
04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Alex Mack could be the pick at 28. I really like the idea a lot actually. For 11 I like Brown or Cushing with Cushing being the safer choice. Guys like Brown and Oher are all over the boards. Nobody can really get a handle on where they will go some mocks have these guys going pretty high other mocks have them bottom of the first round. Cushing is consistently being mocked to go in the the teen area. You know what kind of player you are getting with him. The other guys are riskier, but may really make an impact. Cushing is going to make an impact in this league. Brown , Oher may make impacts, they may bust.

Michael82
04-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Alex Mack could be the pick at 28. I really like the idea a lot actually. For 11 I like Brown or Cushing with Cushing being the safer choice. Guys like Brown and Oher are all over the boards. Nobody can really get a handle on where they will go some mocks have these guys going pretty high other mocks have them bottom of the first round. Cushing is consistently being mocked to go in the the teen area. You know what kind of player you are getting with him. The other guys are riskier, but may really make an impact. Cushing is going to make an impact in this league. Brown , Oher may make impacts, they may bust.
Mack would make up for passing on Mangold a few years ago. He'd give us a damn good Center for many years! :up: