PDA

View Full Version : According to Tim Graham

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
1. The draft pick next year is expected to be a 6<SUP>th</SUP> rounder. We were looking for a first and a third.. I guess a fourth and a six equate to a third (I’m still disgusted we couldn’t get #21)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
2. The New York Giants also made a play for Peters<o:p></o:p>
3. The deal should be made official soon, as they are already close to an extension.<o:p></o:p>
Don’t know about you, but I cant wait to see what he gets.. IT BETTER be over $10 million per year.<o:p></o:p>

mayotm
04-17-2009, 02:33 PM
1. The draft pick next year is expected to be a 6<SUP>th</SUP> rounder. We were looking for a first and a third.. I guess a fourth and a six equate to a third (I’m still disgusted we couldn’t get #21)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
2. The New York Giants also made a play for Peters<o:p></o:p>
3. The deal should be made official soon, as they are already close to an extension.<o:p></o:p>
Don’t know about you, but I cant wait to see what he gets.. IT BETTER be over $10 million per year.<o:p></o:p>Agreed about his contract although it doesn't mean he would've taken the same deal from the Bills.

psubills62
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
1. I'm hoping the conditional is likely to move up to a 5th or 4th if the rumors of it being a 6th are true. I'd have to imagine that it would, because what kind of "conditions" can you base the pick on for an LT? Playing time is the only measurable one that I can think of, and I'd bet Peters gets a lot of that in Philly, unless he gets injured.

2. I saw that...you'd think that if there was competition between two NFC East teams, we could have gotten a little more.

3. I hope so too...otherwise it would seem he mainly wanted to get out of Buffalo.

jimbohastle51
04-17-2009, 02:43 PM
all i know is they try to package the picks to move into the top 10 to get andre smith they are idiots!!!! if we are going t give everything worth of value out of this trade up to just simply draft a LT then we should have just signed peters and paid him his money. i dont think we should draft a tackle at 11 unless smith falls to us. if no tackle falls to us than i dont think we should even take one untill maybe 28 (britton).

BillsWin
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
well like I said yesterday, the Bills and Peters just couldnt see eye to eye and it was Peter's fault. he was offered several contracts he rejected and even one that was very close to 10 a year for a 4 to 5 yr contract length. when you refuse that you want to be traded. He doesnt deserve it in my opinion and now were going to have to waste a high draft pack. I doubt we have enough confidence in Bell yet to send him in as the starting LT. f Peters in my opinion. what a fat load.

SquishDaFish
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Walker will be the LT

justasportsfan
04-17-2009, 03:01 PM
If the eagles give Peters what he wants and the giants trying to make a play knowing what Peters wants , that would make 2 teams that know what they're doing wanting Peters. But the bills know better than both teams how to win games.

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
The Giants were just upping the asking price for Peters. They have a serviceable LT and don't have the money to assume a huge new contract.

And I don't believe the 6th rounder. Unless Graham meant that at worst it's a 6th, and at best it's a 3rd, maybe 2nd.

justasportsfan
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
The Giants were just upping the asking price for Peters. They have a serviceable LT and don't have the money to assume a huge new contract.

they are most likely pissed the eagles got a top LT for peanuts.

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
they are most likely pissed the eagles got a top LT for peanuts.
The Giants won a SB with their LT, who is making peanuts. It would have made no sense to truly want to trade a 1st and 4th, plus pay out $11M/year.