PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Analysts on Peters

TedMock
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I have ESPN on at work and I was just watching Trey Wingo, Marcellus Wiley, Tim Hasselback and Michael Smith discuss the Peters trade.

Wingo seems baffled by it and doesn't like it all. He kept asking "how does this make them better?" Hasselback said that he understands the move and feels the team is rebuilding, moving in another direction, etc, and that's fine, but "why bring in T.O.?"

Smith and Wiley are on board with the Bills. Smith feels that Peters was turning into a distraction and although he deserves more money, the Bills also should be shown good faith since they extended him before he deserved it. He also feels that Langston Walker did a good enough job at left tackle to not make this a desperate situation.

Wiley said that he just hung up the phone with one of the Bills players and that person said that a lot of players want new contracts and are negotiating new deals, but Jason Peters, as great a player as he is, is trying to hold the entire organization hostage and that's not fair to the rest of the team.

Different takes. Agree with whomever you want.

madness
04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Wiley said that he just hung up the phone with one of the Bills players and that person said that a lot of players want new contracts and are negotiating new deals, but Jason Peters, as great a player as he is, is trying to hold the entire organization hostage and that's not fair to the rest of the team.

Different takes. Agree with whomever you want.

Exactly. Now that the selfish ***** is gone, Jackson should get the attention he deserves.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Exactly. Now that the selfish ***** is gone, Jackson should get the attention he deserves.

and if we re-sign Jackson, who's gonna block for him now?

justasportsfan
04-17-2009, 02:57 PM

TO

BILLSROCK1212
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
i agree with Wiley

raphael120
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
All I got to say is...Why the **** is Tim Hasselbeck giving an opinion and who the eff cares what the hell he has to say!??!

That's like trusting JP Losman's opinions to be accurate.

ESPN is grasping for straws.

madness
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM

You're right. Our run game just got a heck of a lot better going to the left.

trapezeus
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
wiley's take is very interesting. i hadn't thought of that before. honestly, you always here the opposite that players are rooting for others to get paid so that they make more in coming years. But players know that there is a cap....and they know more and more teams are turning to cash to cap set ups. So there is a limited amount. guarantees eat up a big part of that cash to cap part.

If the bills sign Jackson and a couple other guys in the coming weeks, i wonder if that bolsters a little excitement amongst the players.

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
wiley's take is very interesting. i hadn't thought of that before. honestly, you always here the opposite that players are rooting for others to get paid so that they make more in coming years. But players know that there is a cap....and they know more and more teams are turning to cash to cap set ups. So there is a limited amount. guarantees eat up a big part of that cash to cap part.

If the bills sign Jackson and a couple other guys in the coming weeks, i wonder if that bolsters a little excitement amongst the players.
It wouldn't surprise me to learn the players were PO'd at his holdout last year. Like you said, they support their fellow teammates up to a point...and that point is when it hurts the team.

trapezeus
04-17-2009, 03:36 PM
not only the team, it hurts their pocketbooks. if you are up to be renewed this year and some guy who is technically better than you jumps ahead of you because he wants more money and has two years left on his deal, you're going to be pissed to see the team pay himbecause they need him and then short change you.

Can you imagine working hard throught the year and then hearing your manager come in and be like, "hey you did great and deserve more money, but the thing is we needed to pay the CEO more because he threatened to leave. So we paid him, but we don't really have anything left for you. so here is a small increase. Keep putting in the hard work!!!"

It sucks.

I didn't think Peters was top 5, therefore not worth $10MM a season. if he truly was dominant and our left side was open for long runs with our two good backs, then i'd be pissed.