PDA

View Full Version : Jauron and the FO - different directions?

psubills62
04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
This trade just makes me think that 1) Jauron and the front office aren't in sync, and 2) Jauron doesn't have as much control over FA and drafting as we think.

Maybe they were expecting an extended holdout by Peters that would really hurt the team in 2010. But almost everything the Bills have done, outside of signing T.O., has seemed to say "rebuilding." But that has to be the exact opposite of what Jauron wants, considering he has to win THIS YEAR.

I'm just a little confused as to what the Bills are doing. It seems they're rebuilding, but then why bring in T.O.? Maybe if he does really well, they can franchise him for another year? I don't know.

Maybe it's me, I just don't see Jauron having much control over what the FO is doing - which is trying to build for the future. It's a strong draft this year, but it's not so strong that we can get starters from rounds 1 through 4.

Thoughts?

trapezeus
04-17-2009, 03:24 PM
i thought the same thing. it is down right cheap of ralph to rebuild the team, but keep jauron on because he signed the contract. So he's spending the months of January 2009- January 2010 (at longest) developing a team without the input of a coach that he wants there in 2011.

so to clarify that paragraph, i think alot of us expect jauron to be on a short leash and to be fired mid season if things really fall apart. we expect him gone at the end of the year without the playoffs.

A new coach doesn't want to come in and just accept that rebuilding started without him. He'll still jettison people here and there and the 2010 season could be a fresh rebuild as well.

But this all supposes that the bills get rid of this, "we must do this inhouse at all costs" mentality. The team is barely functioning as a proteam. They are having trouble getting anyone to come as a free agent. We saw a number of players just leverage the bills deals for better contracts elsewhere. We can't keep the little talent we've found here as evidenced by Crowell and Peters leaving.

I think you are absolutely right, they are hanging jauron out to dry and we already know he's not the coach to turn ***** into gold. He's not a belichick mind. He runs on 1st and 2nd down and throws on third. He plays 10 yard cushioins on receiver no matter what the situation is. He wants and needs talent, and the bills FO seems hesitant to give that to him.

Unless the Bills new front office with more input from Modrak (who we are all sketchy on since he's blown so many drafts since 2000) and the new hire that they brought back (i forget his name) are about to shock us with a ridiculous draft like in the late 80's early 90's, i'm telling you, we're in store for an ugly 3-13 season.

Michael82
04-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Bobby April will be our head coach by midseason. That's how they can start rebuilding now.