PDA

View Full Version : We just traded a turnstile for a ham sandwich

Stewie
04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
It's a good deal if you're hungry and don't like standing in lines.

:rockon:

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Turnstile?

LOL.. OK

The Spaz
04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Turnstile?

LOL.. OK

He was last year was he not?

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM
well, i disagree that Peters was a turnstile but I'll go with your premise:

We just traded a turnstile for the money to go to the store to buy the ingredients to make a ham sandwich. Unfortunately, the people who now have the money to go to the store usually pick rotten ingredients and take way too long to make the sandwich before eventually realizing that it's no good anyway, then they head back to the store.

Stewie
04-17-2009, 03:22 PM
he has played two years. He played well one year, didn't the second. That's a 50% success rate. Sounds like first round pick odds to me.

13.5 sacks at LT = turnstile. In 2008. Hardly pro bowl and definitely not deserving of highest paid player at the second most important offensive position.

and a pain in the ass to boot. All from an undrafted FA who already had his contract redone once.

Ham sandwich's aren't my favorite food but they serve their purpose.

edit: okay he began as a full time starter three seasons ago my bad so sue me.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
he has played two years. He played well one year, didn't the second. That's a 50% success rate. Sounds like first round pick odds to me.

13.5 sacks at LT = turnstile. In 2008. Hardly pro bowl and definitely not deserving of highest paid player at the second most important offensive position.

and a pain in the ass to boot. All from an undrafted FA who already had his contract redone once.

Ham sandwich's aren't my favorite food but they serve their purpose.

I'm really not interested in the "Bills did what they had to do" argument because I really don't care.

This is what I want to know: how does this make us better for THIS season? The answer is that it doesn't- it actually makes us worse. So, while Peters was a headache and we resolved that situation, we resolved it in a way that does NOT help the product on the field.

And at the end of the day, we're rebuilding yet again.

And we'll probably still be rebuilding next year when Jauron gets canned and we have a top 5 draft pick.

Stewie
04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm really not interested in the "Bills did what they had to do" argument because I really don't care.

This is what I want to know: how does this make us better for THIS season? The answer is that it doesn't- it actually makes us worse. So, while Peters was a headache and we resolved that situation, we resolved it in a way that does NOT help the product on the field.

And at the end of the day, we're rebuilding yet again.

And we'll probably still be rebuilding next year when Jauron gets canned and we have a top 5 draft pick.

Why do you want to know the answer when you already have it? :D

And btw I agree, it does not make us better this year.

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
He was last year was he not?
you can't just look at stats..

Was he close as good as 2007? Definitely not. But once he settled in, he was a very good LT overall.

Having said that, I want to be clear that I'm not hating on the Bills for trading him. I don't think short of being the higest paid OT ever he didnt want to be here, and he was going to pull the same **** as last year.

I just feel the Bills could've gotten more, and at the very least stayed patient and worked that 21st overall instead of the 28th.

That's seven good players going off the board before we get to that pick. That's a lot.

I have no real problem with a fourth instead of a third, as we're getting a sixth next year so that pretty much evens it out.

Plus, we dont know what is going to happen. maybe we trade for Waters before the draft, pick Oher at #11 and then who knows, maybe our OL is actually improved over last year.

I"ll reserve judgement on the football side of the trade itself until after draft day.. All I know, is that the only real winner right now is Ralph Wilson. .He just saved himself MILLIONS with this trade.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
well, i disagree that Peters was a turnstile but I'll go with your premise:

We just traded a turnstile for the money to go to the store to buy the ingredients to make a ham sandwich. Unfortunately, the people who now have the money to go to the store usually pick rotten ingredients and take way too long to make the sandwich before eventually realizing that it's no good anyway, then they head back to the store.

the Bills have been doing that for the last decade? we can't expect them to change overnight. according to Bills history, we may have another decade to go before things change. can the Old Fart hold out for that long?

alohabillsfan
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Running right productive
Posted: December 5th, 2008 | Chris Brown
Tags: Brad Butler, Derrick Dockery, Jason Peters, Langston Walker, running game
As a follow up to our video report on the Bills resurgent run game I thought I would also add the stats of running left, middle, right thus far this season.

Running to the left (behind Dockery and Peters) is what Buffalo has done the most with 108 total carries. They’ve averaged 4.1 yards per carry with 2 touchdowns.

Running to the right (behind Butler and Walker) hasn’t been done as often with just 61 carries, but the production has been good as they’ve averaged 4.6 per carry with a touchdown to their credit.

So whats the argument now?

alohabillsfan
04-17-2009, 06:54 PM
I"ll reserve judgement on the football side of the trade itself until after draft day.. All I know, is that the only real winner right now is Ralph Wilson. .He just saved himself MILLIONS with this trade.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between saving and wasting millions...

DrGraves
04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I Hate Ralph Wilson. He is literally Scrooge. The good people of Buffalo should grab their pitchforks and light up their torches...