PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts after initially rushing to judgement

patmoran2006
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Some people think I'm bashing the Bills for this trade; that's not entirely true.. I just posted this somewhere else and I think it bears repeating.

you can't just look at stats..

Was he close as good as 2007? Definitely not. But once he settled in, he was a very good LT overall.

Having said that, I want to be clear that I'm not hating on the Bills for trading him. I don't think short of being the higest paid OT ever he didnt want to be here, and he was going to pull the same **** as last year.

I just feel the Bills could've gotten more, and at the very least stayed patient and worked that 21st overall instead of the 28th.

That's seven good players going off the board before we get to that pick. That's a lot.

I have no real problem with a fourth instead of a third, as we're getting a sixth next year so that pretty much evens it out.

Plus, we dont know what is going to happen. maybe we trade for Waters before the draft, pick Oher at #11 and then who knows, maybe our OL is actually improved over last year.

I"ll reserve judgement on the football side of the trade itself until after draft day.. All I know, is that the only real winner right now is Ralph Wilson. .He just saved himself MILLIONS with this trade.

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
We'll have to see how this all plays out before we freak-out. For all we know, the guy the Bills might have taken at 21 could be a bust while #28 is a stud and Peters ends-up playing well his first season and then bombs or continues to get injured and have a decline in his play. Remember that he had a badly torn groin at the end of 2007, and it's possible it robbed him of some of his athleticism.

Devin
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I have to agree 1000% Pat, look im not terribly angry that hes gone. I am pissed about the deal, that said it would seem to me at the VERY LEAST the 21s could have been substituted in.

Nighthawk
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
I have to agree 1000% Pat, look im not terribly angry that hes gone. I am pissed about the deal, that said it would seem to me at the VERY LEAST the 21s could have been substituted in.

I really don't think the Bills need to reach for a LT in the first and hope they grab the best player available at the #28 spot. I'd love to see Brown or Raji at #11 and then get a LB Sintim or Laurinaitis at #28. Then get a LT in the 2nd and a TE in the 3rd. That would be my plan going into the draft.