• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBrown77
    Watching the Bills suck since 1999
    • Mar 2005

Kelsay on the trading Block?

Per the main page of www.billsdaily.com. The report is that a source told the Buffalo News that Kelsay is being shopped.

What can we get for him? A few Denny's gift cards so Ralph can take out the Rookies for breakfast?

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Kelsay on the trading Block?

seriously? As much as I hate Kelsay, we have no other DE's.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

Man, who isn't on the trading block? I love having picks during deep drafts, but this is getting ridiculous. Maybe they're set on replacing Kelsay with Denney and having a rookie like Ayers replace Denney.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

if this is true, is there any doubt that we're rebuilding anymore?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Honestly, to me it's not rebuilding if they get rid of Kelsey...it's improving! I'm totally alright with them changing the pieces of this team that has gone 7-9 for the past 3 years.

Comment

• DBrown77
            Watching the Bills suck since 1999
            • Mar 2005

Their Bringing in Peppers..............

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Haha Op, I didn't really read your thread, but I would hope most people agree with you after the Peters trade. I know we're rebuilding...but if we are, this is the draft to do it in. There's a lot of good prospects coming out.

Maybe you didn't see my thread on Jauron and the FO going in different directions...
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                Honestly, to me it's not rebuilding if they get rid of Kelsey...it's improving! I'm totally alright with them changing the pieces of this team that has gone 7-9 for the past 3 years.
                here's the problem though. I'm totally fine with them getting rid of Fowler, Preston, Dockery, Royal to improve. Those guys are a big reason why we are stuck at 7-9. But they only replaced one of those three guys.

I'm all for upgrading Kelsay. But my fear is that this FO will trade him for a 6th round draft pick and we'll go into the season even WORSE at DE than we were with Kelsay.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Who would want him at his salary?
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DBrown77
                    Their Bringing in Peppers..............
                    and Wayne Central is a great school system!
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

here's the problem though. I'm totally fine with them getting rid of Fowler, Preston, Dockery, Royal to improve. Those guys are a big reason why we are stuck at 7-9. But they only replaced one of those three guys.

I'm all for upgrading Kelsay. But my fear is that this FO will trade him for a 6th round draft pick and we'll go into the season even WORSE at DE than we were with Kelsay.
                      Yeah, I hear ya. This draft is deep though and you have to have faith that Buddy Nix being back will improve their drafting.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Well, If Schobel is healthy, we know he's going to start. The Bills got a decent effort out of Denney at right end when Schobel was out, though Denney is clearly not a RDE and can't really pressure the QB with any regularity. Denny is , however a decent LDE and can play the run. Either Kelsay or Denney is going to be a rotational guy rather than a starter. Buffalo does have Chris Ellis, who may be ready to play this season. If the Bills have any thought of drafting a DE who can get pressure on the QB, whether from the LDE or RDE spot, they really need to open a roster spot. So, do you trade an established veteran, a known quantity though not a very good player, or do you cut a young ploayer you think might have some upside? It makes some sense to me to shop Kelsay. The only question is what can we get for him? A fourth round pick? A third rounder?
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Let the bidding war begin! The phone's ringing off the hook!
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe we can trade him and Parrish for Waters and Gonzalez.

whoa, someone just took over my body .......

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              Well, If Schobel is healthy, we know he's going to start. The Bills got a decent effort out of Denney at right end when Schobel was out, though Denney is clearly not a RDE and can't really pressure the QB with any regularity. Denny is , however a decent LDE and can play the run. Either Kelsay or Denney is going to be a rotational guy rather than a starter. Buffalo does have Chris Ellis, who may be ready to play this season. If the Bills have any thought of drafting a DE who can get pressure on the QB, whether from the LDE or RDE spot, they really need to open a roster spot. So, do you trade an established veteran, a known quantity though not a very good player, or do you cut a young ploayer you think might have some upside? It makes some sense to me to shop Kelsay. The only question is what can we get for him? A fourth round pick? A third rounder?
                              I think we're looking at no higher than a 6th rounder. He's not that good and the Bills overpaid him, so any trading partner would have to eat his cap hit.

I honestly don't think that Denney is much of a drop off from Kelsay, and I even think he plays the run a little better. But I don't have any faith in Chris Ellis, and trading Kelsay without bringing in another DE kills the rotation.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X