X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob86
    • Dec 2008

A train wreck

Another down day in a long almost unbroken line of down days for Bills in recent history.
    As a life-long Bills fan I remember with boundless joy going to one of the first games at Rich Stadium with my father, who had seasons ticket at the Rock Pile. I recall, almost like it was yesterday, partying on the field with my friends after we finally beat the Dolphins and torn the goal posts down. I remember sitting at Tampa Stadium with my young son watching the first the Bills’ Super Bowl. Even after the heart-breaking game, I knew that experience was going to be a highlight of my life. This coming season-opener I am taking my new grandson to his first Bills game. For as long as I can remember I have been a Bills supporter and will remain so my entire life.
    It is therefore so sad to see how dreadfully low this franchise has sunk. After having to endure some of the worst football and coaching in team history over the last two-thirds of last season, I was hopefully RW would make the changes in the off-season needed to get the team back to the playoffs.
    That hope was misplaced. Starting with inexplicable retention of a coach who every fan who knows is incompetent to the signing of a bizarre collection of subpar free agents—highlighted by the signing of 36 year malcontent wide receiver who was tossed off his prior three teams—to repeated arrests of some of our so-called high character players, this off-season has been such a train wreck it has made fans forget the collapse of the team last season.
    And now the Peters’ thing. Peters may not have been the best LT but he is better than an empty space, and that’s what the Front Office has to replace him. Of course, that empty space matches the LG empty space left unfilled by the Front Office. I know the people who make excuses for the Front Office will say Peters did not want to be here. But that really is no excuse. As anyone who runs a business knows, one of the prime missions of management is to keep you best and most talented employees happy and wanting to stay with your firm. Run of the mill workers (and football players) are a dime a dozen, but employees with a special gift those are rare and when find them, you don’t let them get away, you find a way to keep them.
    I know the draft is coming, but unless the same group of football geniuses who put this current team together can somehow draft four or five high quality rookie starters, the 2009 season I am willing to bet will go in Bills history as one of the worst ever.
  • dasaybz
    • Apr 2005

Re: A train wreck

This day isn't down. We got rid of a highly overrated player that didn't want to be here, and we got a first rounder in the deal.

Comment

• Syderick
      • Apr 2006

hmmm maybe ya can look for the 2010 season then
      3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• dasaybz
        • Apr 2005

uhh, what?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by bob86
          Another down day in a long almost unbroken line of down days for Bills in recent history.
          [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]As a life-long Bills fan I remember with boundless joy going to one of the first games at Rich Stadium with my father, who had seasons ticket at the Rock Pile. I recall, almost like it was yesterday, partying on the field with my friends after we finally beat the Dolphins and torn the goal posts down. I remember sitting at Tampa Stadium with my young son watching the first the Bills’ Super Bowl. Even after the heart-breaking game, I knew that experience was going to be a highlight of my life. This coming season-opener I am taking my new grandson to his first Bills game. For as long as I can remember I have been a Bills supporter and will remain so my entire life.

nice work, Gramps.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

I know the people who make excuses for the Front Office will say Peters did not want to be here. But that really is no excuse. As anyone who runs a business knows, one of the prime missions of management is to keep you best and most talented employees happy and wanting to stay with your firm. Run of the mill workers (and football players) are a dime a dozen, but employees with a special gift those are rare and when find them, you don’t let them get away, you find a way to keep them.
            Couldnt have said it better myself

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

As a life-long Bills fan I remember with boundless joy going to one of the first games at Rich Stadium with my father, who had seasons ticket at the Rock Pile. I recall, almost like it was yesterday, partying on the field with my friends after we finally beat the Dolphins and torn the goal posts down. I remember sitting at Tampa Stadium with my young son watching the first the Bills’ Super Bowl. Even after the heart-breaking game, I knew that experience was going to be a highlight of my life. This coming season-opener I am taking my new grandson to his first Bills game. For as long as I can remember I have been a Bills supporter and will remain so my entire life.
              It is therefore so sad to see how dreadfully low this franchise has sunk. After having to endure some of the worst football and coaching in team history over the last two-thirds of last season, I was hopefully RW would make the changes in the off-season needed to get the team back to the playoffs.
              That hope was misplaced. Starting with inexplicable retention of a coach who every fan who knows is incompetent to the signing of a bizarre collection of subpar free agents—highlighted by the signing of 36 year malcontent wide receiver who was tossed off his prior three teams—to repeated arrests of some of our so-called high character players, this off-season has been such a train wreck it has made fans forget the collapse of the team last season.
              And now the Peters’ thing. Peters may not have been the best LT but he is better than an empty space, and that’s what the Front Office has to replace him. Of course, that empty space matches the LG empty space left unfilled by the Front Office. I know the people who make excuses for the Front Office will say Peters did not want to be here. But that really is no excuse. As anyone who runs a business knows, one of the prime missions of management is to keep you best and most talented employees happy and wanting to stay with your firm. Run of the mill workers (and football players) are a dime a dozen, but employees with a special gift those are rare and when find them, you don’t let them get away, you find a way to keep them.
              I know the draft is coming, but unless the same group of football geniuses who put this current team together can somehow draft four or five high quality rookie starters, the 2009 season I am willing to bet will go in Bills history as one of the worst ever.
              well said.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Post of the month, easily. Thank you, just thank you.

I am usually extremely optimistic leading up to the start of a season, but I cannot deny how many problems and holes this team has and the lack of effort we are seeing from the front office to fix it. The team will need by far the best draft in the history of the NFL to even come close to thinking about postseason football.

Comment

• bob86
                  • Dec 2008

Thanks. Sorry about all the typos. I am so old that when I was going up, typing was only something girls did.

But times change and practicalities push-out old prejudices, forcing even old men have to learn the ways of the modern world. Perhaps before RW goes to the great owner’s box in the sky, he will learn the ways of modern pro-football and field a competitive team. A Bills fan can always hope.

Comment

Working...
                  X