PDA

View Full Version : For people mad at this trade

Mitchell55
04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
In my opinion, we still only need 1 OL position. McKinney can start at G, Butler can play T. Butler is known to be a tackle, is to tall for guard, and was a beast at T in college. McKinney only gave up 6.5 sacks his whole career. We still only need a G/T. Heres my mock so far

1st- Ayers DE- Mayock has him as the best D-player in the draft.
1st- Pettigrew TE- Can block and catch effectivley
2nd- Laurenitis LB- Most analyst have him here
3rd- TJ Lang C/G/T- Will fill in at RT, G, or C. Wherever we perfer

With my idea of Fine being a good TE

1st- Ayers DE
1st- Gilbert DT

Rest same

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:01 PM
read it and weep, ladies. :clap:

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I'd favor keeping Walker at RT and Butler at RG, or perhaps flip-flopping them (being too tall is no strike against an OG). Hangartner was signed to play center, McKinney can play LG, and Bell can play LT.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I'd favor keeping Walker at RT and Butler at RG, or perhaps flip-flopping them (being too tall is no strike against an OG). Hangartner was signed to play center, McKinney can play LG, and Bell can play LT.

bell at LT????? don't be a goob. :snicker:

Captain gameboy
04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Butler can play T. Butler is known to be a tackle, is to tall for guard, and was a beast at T in college.

Where did you hear this?

I saw Butler his entire college career, and made the comment when we drafted him that he is not an NFL tackle.

Beast? He was our second fifth round pick.

Devin
04-17-2009, 10:09 PM
oh lord.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:11 PM
oh lord.

we have a spot for him in your league?

Devin
04-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Sab that kid would get eaten alive.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Sab that kid would get eaten alive.

he'll be slapping R. Rich around before you know it.

Devin
04-17-2009, 10:17 PM
:rofl:

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:20 PM
:rofl:

he'd bounce BEASTMODE and the Hitmen around too. that is a for sure.

Devin
04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
He and Raiders trades would be AWESOME!

Goobylal
04-17-2009, 10:27 PM
bell at LT????? don't be a goob. :snicker:
Yes, Bell at LT. It's a better long-term option than anyone else on the roster. The next best option is a pick at 11th overall.

SABURZFAN
04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Yes, Bell at LT. It's a better long-term option than anyone else on the roster. The next best option is a pick at 11th overall.

he'd get eaten alive and Edwards would be a sitting duck. as much as i hate it, Walker is the LT by default. he has experience and fits the Bills price range.

OpIv37
04-17-2009, 10:47 PM
such naive idealism.... ignorance is bliss.

TigerJ
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
In my opinion, we still only need 1 OL position. McKinney can start at G, Butler can play T. Butler is known to be a tackle, is to tall for guard, and was a beast at T in college. McKinney only gave up 6.5 sacks his whole career. We still only need a G/T. Heres my mock so far

1st- Ayers DE
1st- Gilbert DT

Rest same

I'm not mad at the trade per se. I'm just terribly disappointed that it had to come to this. As far as the rest of your thinking, I believe the Bills regard McKinney as a depth player only. He's not physical enough or strong enough to hold up as a starter. Apparently the Bills coaching staff, including Jim McNally who switched Butler to guard think he's just fine as a guard. Moreover, it's well within the range of possibilities that Kirk Chambers, who is another tall guy, will end up as the other guard. It is quite possible that the players who will start for the Bills on the offensive line in 2009 are all already on the roster. What I'm expecting is that the Bills will draft two or possibly three offensive linemen and they guys they draft will have to come in and prove they are better than the guys the Bills are already thinking about plugging into the open spots on the line. Your offensive line could look like this:

LT - Langston Walker
LG - Kirk Chambers
C - Geoff Hangartner
RT - Brad Butler
RT - Demetrius Bell

BillsWin
04-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Walker McKinney Hangnarter Butler Bell

would be a good lineup in my opinion, probably the best we could do with what we have. Maybe we dont have to waste 11 and 28 on O-linemen...

although... if Mack is there at 28................................

thenry20
04-18-2009, 01:01 AM
I LOL at all the board "geniuses" who proclaim the line better as a result of the trade. Yes, it must also make the team better as well.

jamze132
04-18-2009, 03:08 AM

1st- Ayers DE
1st- Gilbert DT

Rest same
What? I thought you hated Pettigrew and now you want to draft him in the 1st round???? Here's the proof... http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=172924

And you wonder why no one takes you serious.