William Beatty or Eben Britton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Beatty or Eben Britton?

Reading several media reports - and not everyone is slatting the Bills, most are sitting on the fence - an opinion seems to be forming that whilst Walker can hold the fort at LT for a season, it is the pass rush which is the principle problem. Even with Schobel, it was fairly anaemic, and Aaron has a fair amount of critics on here as we all know. Opposite him we have nothing as Denney and Kelsay have never made it, and Chris Ellis had a very quiet rookie season.

At No11, I still think we will go after a DE. I don't think Orakpo will fall, but I do think Everette Brown or Aaron Maybin will in the mix. Ayers has look impressive in post season but never did it on the field, whilst Jackson is a pure LE in a 3-4. Barwin, Simtim, and English all appear to be 3-4 OLBs.

Michael Oher and Andre Smith are two names mentioned at LT. Oher has some concerns in his pass protection, while Mr Smith is a nightmare waiting to happen:

Smith has serious weight concerns.
    He threw his team under the bus prior to the Sugar Bowl.
    He turned up out of shape at the combine.
    He walked out of the combine.
    He was mediocre at his pro-day.

I wouldn't touch him on Day1 let alone in the first round.

Both Beatty and Britton are likely to be available in the 20s. Both are from the North East though Britton played at Arizona. Beatty is the more athletic, whilst Britton may be the more versatile. Britton is considered very smart and durable, Beatty the pure LT who is still a little raw. Both have the size, the speed and the feet. Whilst it is unlikely both will fall to 28, we could move up 4-5 places to get one or the other.

But even if we don't even draft a LT in 2009, the 6th rounder in 2010, might help us to move up to draft Bulaga, Okung or Black in 2010 if the development of Demetrius Bell makes drafting a LT even necessary.

Personally I would draft Beatty, and move Bell inside to LG, giving us an extremely mobile left side. At worst, the center can help out on this flank.
Working...
X