PDA

View Full Version : All of these offseason changes...

jamze132
04-18-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't want to call it "rebuilding" because I don't think it is. Rebuilding begins with a new regime and this one hasn't changed in a while.

I think that Dick Jauron is finally having more say-so in personnel actions. He knows he is on the hot seat this year and I think he asked for more influence on who comes and goes.

Rumor has it, Dick was one of the initiators of the TO signing. Not a typical FO move.

We have heard rumors that Parrish and Kelsay are on the trade block. I think he is trying gut the roster of players who suck or don't really serve a purpose other than ST which is the right moves. Kelsay is horrible and is waste of money and a roster space.

I am pretty sure that Dickface knew how bad the left side of the O-line was last year and I think he had a lot to say about Dock and Peters being shipped out. But it didn't take a genius to know that our left side a turn stall.

I do not know if all of these moves will make us better, but they certainly won't make us worse. We have had three straight 7-9 seasons so what do we have to lose by going in a different direction? I like the drastic changes we have made thus far.

I think you are going to see a new Dick Jauron this year because he knows if he doesn't produce results, he's a goner and will probably never be a HC in the NFL again. I'm not saying he isn't going to **** up half the games this season, but I think he will be a little more strict and show some more emotion on the sidelines.

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Agreed.

Firstly, I think he realises that we must get to the opposition QB. Defences win Championship and Jauron is a defensive coach first. I think Fewell will have some additional weapons to play with.

Secondly, there have been a number of Pro Bowl LTs taken in the 2nd round recently - Roos in 2005, McNeill in 2007 - and it would not surprise me if the Bills are keeping very quiet about a player they like in the hope of avoiding to have to move up from #28 or #42. I would be delighted to see Meredith, Cadogan, Beatty, or Britton lining up to cover Edwards blindside.

Owens signing takes the pressure off the need for a receiving TE, and Gronkowski is a player who wouldn't surprise me to see in the blue of Buffalo next season, and doing a Kevin Boss for us. He has decent hands but unlike a number of the prospects can actually block.

And if we have a winning season and make the post season, do not be surprised if Marshawn Lynch is playing somewhere else in 2010.

jamze132
04-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Agreed.

Firstly, I think he realises that we must get to the opposition QB. Defences win Championship and Jauron is a defensive coach first. I think Fewell will have some additional weapons to play with.

Secondly, there have been a number of Pro Bowl LTs taken in the 2nd round recently - Roos in 2005, McNeill in 2007 - and it would not surprise me if the Bills are keeping very quiet about a player they like in the hope of avoiding to have to move up from #28 or #42. I would be delighted to see Meredith, Cadogan, Beatty, or Britton lining up to cover Edwards blindside.

Owens signing takes the pressure off the need for a receiving TE, and Gronkowski is a player who wouldn't surprise me to see in the blue of Buffalo next season, and doing a Kevin Boss for us. He has decent hands but unlike a number of the prospects can actually block.

And if we have a winning season and make the post season, do not be surprised if Marshawn Lynch is playing somewhere else in 2010.

Why would he play elsewhere in 2010? It's an uncapped year.

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 01:52 AM
If we were rebuilding than we wouldnt of signed a bunch of old guys for 2-3 years each.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Agreed^

jamze132
04-19-2009, 05:36 AM
If we were rebuilding than we wouldnt of signed a bunch of old guys for 2-3 years each.
You can still sign old guys 2-3 years when you are rebuilding. If the contract is back loaded, they are released before the money is paid to them. So you have a vet or two to teach the new guys some old tricks.

Typ0
04-19-2009, 08:01 AM
it's not rebuilding it's building.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 09:21 AM
It's not building or rebuilding. It's undoing. Off-season so far:

1) Hangartner to replace Preston. Small upgrade considering this guy never beat out anybody in Carolina.

2) Dockery cut to be replaced by Chambers. Chambers sucks so we got worse and saved some money.

3) Peters traded to be replaced by Bell or Walker. Neither one of these guys can hold his jock strap. Remember Walker and Chambers played against the Seahawks so everyone thinks it was a good test? really?

4) TO. Good 1 year move if Edwards get's time to throw. The guys is 35 years old and we get one year. Not exactly a great long term move but Ralph and Russ got your money for it. Enjor your jersey.

So we go into the draft, when the owner and front office said we didn't have enough talent, getting rid of our best player, knowing the draft didn't net us any instant impact players in 2008. So tell me how this is even rebuilding?