PDA

View Full Version : *RUMOR* - Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson?

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2009, 08:23 AM
The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson, which would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years, several sources tell ProFootballCentral. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Luisito23
04-18-2009, 08:27 AM
So if we do end up getting him for a 4th. it would basically be Peters for a 1st. and Henderson which sounds good to me.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow that would make our DEs good

Jan Reimers
04-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I like it, but has Henderson's performance fallen off so badly that Jacksonville would take a 4th for him? I think he was a 1st rounder, and he's not that old.

The Spaz
That would be good!:up:

The Spaz
I like it, but has Henderson's performance fallen off so badly that Jacksonville would take a 4th for him. I think he was a 1st rounder, and he's not that old.

Well we got Stroud.:beers:

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 08:47 AM
it's worth a shot i guess. it says his play fell off so i don't expect the same Henderson- Stroud combo, from Jacksonville, to be on the field in Buffalo.

The Spaz
04-18-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd take a chane for a 4th. Hell People said Stroud was washed up and on the decline. Lightning may not strike twice but I sure would take a chance.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2009, 08:53 AM
If we were to get Henderson and he has anything left, we would go into the draft in pretty good shape. Eight picks, including 2 first rounders, to grab a DE, LB, G/C and either an OT or TE.

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2009, 08:56 AM
So if we do end up getting him for a 4th. it would basically be Peters for a 1st. and Henderson which sounds good to me.

That would be better, that's for sure. #28/Henderson/6th is much closer to fair value for Peters.

elltrain22
04-18-2009, 08:57 AM
I would be very happy about that. Get it done boys

patmoran2006
04-18-2009, 08:58 AM
I would MUCH rather have Brian Waters; I havent given up on that.

yordad
04-18-2009, 09:00 AM
For a 4th? Yes Please. Did you guys check that video? Awesome.

VeggieMan14
04-18-2009, 09:01 AM
yess please... Peters for henderson and a first i will take any day

patmoran2006
04-18-2009, 09:02 AM
For a 4th? Yes Please. Did you guys check that video? Awesome.Id give up a fourth for Henderson, not saying I wouldn't. What the hell do you got to lose? I mean seriously, when you look at it, how worse off can you? Even if he sucked,he doesnt set us back, because we're already terrible.

I'm just saying given the two I would much rather take a run at Brian Waters, and I STILL think we will before or on next Saturday

alohabillsfan
04-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Can we throw in Kelsay just to dump his salary...

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Don't you people think it would take more than a 4th?

And just because I don't know, how credible is that website?

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 09:35 AM
If we were to get Henderson and he has anything left, we would go into the draft in pretty good shape. Eight picks, including 2 first rounders, to grab a DE, LB, G/C and either an OT or TE.

we might need a S who stays out of trouble too. :couch:

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM

i wondering that too but you never know.

Jaybird
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Sounds like one hell of a deal. if you hate on this one... something must be wrong with you

mikemac2001
04-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Get it done

yordad
04-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Id give up a fourth for Henderson, not saying I wouldn't. What the hell do you got to lose? I mean seriously, when you look at it, how worse off can you? Even if he sucked,he doesnt set us back, because we're already terrible.

I'm just saying given the two I would much rather take a run at Brian Waters, and I STILL think we will before or on next SaturdayHey, the Bills have two 4ths. I am all for Walters too. Big time.

Syderick
04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Last year he did all right
GP GS TTLK SOLO ASST SACK PDEF
<TABLE class=datatablecell cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=over onmouseover="this.className='over'" onmouseout="this.className=''"><TD>2008 </TD><TD>Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.nfl.com/teams/jacksonvillejaguars/profile?team=JAC) </TD><TD>14 </TD><TD>14 </TD><TD>44</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=HEN076396

bigbub2352
04-18-2009, 10:11 AM
DO IT NOW, exactly what our D needs
4th? i doubt Kelsay and a 4th i mite buy it
hell throw them our 3rd and kelsay

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 10:14 AM
I can't imagine the Jags will accept so little unless he has really fallen away - it would also mean we swallow Henderson's big contract.

Jaybird
04-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Randy moss was traded for a fourth... so anything ia poaaible

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Henderson is a model professional. Moss was a distraction and headache whilst at Oakland.

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2009, 10:35 AM
I would MUCH rather have Brian Waters; I havent given up on that.

The two are not mutually exclusive. The Bills do have 2 4th's and could acquire more picks if Kelsay and/or Roscoe are traded.

theanswer74
04-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I could see our 2 4th rounders for Henderson.

I heard Henderson talk about Stroud loving it up in Buffalo, they treat him like a man.

Michael82
04-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I'd up it to a 3rd rounder if they wouldn't take it. I know they aren't in their prime anymore...but Henderson and Stroud would give us our own version or Pat Williams/Kevin Williams. :up:

Michael82
04-18-2009, 10:50 AM
I could see our 2 4th rounders for Henderson.

I heard Henderson talk about Stroud loving it up in Buffalo, they treat him like a man.
If that's the case...Henderson must want to also come here and be with us buddy Marcus. :up:

psubills62
04-18-2009, 11:06 AM
That would be a steal if we could get him for a 4th...and that would be a great D-line, imo.

THATHURMANATOR
04-18-2009, 11:14 AM
DO THIS IMMEDIATELY.

A 4th is nothing.

ParanoidAndroid
04-18-2009, 11:20 AM

I'm with you on the credibility issue.

Another thing that makes me not trust a word is how poorly written that article is. The author (if you can call him that) has the writing skills of a high school freshman.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't see JAX trading him for a 4th rounder...just doesn't make sense.

TigerJ
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
No, I'm not expecting this to happen.

BillsWin
04-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Surprised I haven't heard about this yet. I wonder if Pat can confirm...

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 12:58 PM
I trust Dr. Lecter over most people on here who start rumor threads

Mudflap1
04-18-2009, 01:00 PM
This would be a great move. What are we going to get for a straight 4th round pick this year? I'd say John Henderson would be great value for that pick. A good reason his production may have dipped this past year is because... Marcus Stroud isn't playing by his side! Reunite them. If they stay healthy, we will have one heck of a DT combo, and as we all know, you build from the lines outward.

The secret reason that I like this move is because Jacksonville is a dump. Follow me here. Players are happier when they feel like they are upgrading their place to play. While JAX is a Florida city, it is small, there isn't much to do, and the fanbase sucks. In Buffalo, you've got a small city, but you've got a great fan base where you can be a superhero if you play your cards right. It's the reason Marcus Stround likes Buffalo, and it's a potential reason Terrell Owens could work out in Buffalo. No distractions, small town, die-hard fanbase, great football town.

Jon

BillsWin
04-18-2009, 01:00 PM
I trust Dr. Lecter over most people on here who start rumor threads

Not saying hes wrong. he even has a link so I am sure it is a rumor. I was just wondering, because I trust Pat as much as you trust Lecter. and because I myself havent heard. But it is great news, Henderson would help the pass rush and continue our stout run defense.

DrGraves
04-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I sure hope so... two dominating run stuffers would make our defense alot better!

BADTHINGSMAN
04-18-2009, 01:13 PM
This would be great, but it says *RUMOR* for a reason. Its not out of the question for this to happen. The Stroud trade was suprising. Im sure Stroud has talked to Buffalo's FO about getting Henderson.

Forward_Lateral
04-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Someone posted this rumour at our site, too, and I was excited, until I saw the source.

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Great

TonyBlack
04-18-2009, 02:07 PM
i say a 4th and a 5th would be good, this would be awesome tho.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Was just on a Jags forum and they think they should get a 2nd and 4th or 2nd and Parrish for Henderson.

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I think we need a bigger sack threat from the flanks than from the middle. Didn't we give Kyle Williams a big deal to go with the big money we are paying Stroud and Johnson?

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 02:19 PM
What the ****. How does someone neg me for saying great? This is a great move if we do it.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-18-2009, 03:10 PM
henderson would have to have completly cratered to only be worth a 4th

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
I just pulled this off the site it was on for discussion. I have no idea to the accuracy of the rumor, but the idea is appealing.

Mudflap1
04-18-2009, 04:49 PM
It makes sense. Jacksonville is probably looking to dump his salary because they are close to signing Torry Holt... www.espn.com (http://www.espn.com) front page.

Jon

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 04:51 PM
It makes sense. Jacksonville is probably looking to dump his salary because they are close to signing Torry Holt... www.espn.com (http://www.espn.com) front page.

Jon
Cool, we have the rumor and the reinforcer.

ServoBillieves
04-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Why does everyone think that Kyle Williams isn't starting caliber? He has excelled the past few years and I see that as in no way shape or form a need. If we get him? Great, but I'd rather spend our first on a young talent in a need position.

Dr. Pepper
04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Why does everyone think that Kyle Williams isn't starting caliber? He has excelled the past few years and I see that as in no way shape or form a need. If we get him? Great, but I'd rather spend our first on a young talent in a need position.

we wouldnt be spending our first.....

Ickybaluky
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
This rumor makes no sense. Henderson is the only decent DT they have. The other starter is Rob Meier. Meier was a good 3rd DT, but when he moved into the starting lineup he proved to be not as good.

Even with Henderson DT is a big need for them, and they might go there high in the draft. If they trade Henderson it is a gaping hole.

I can see it from the Bills perspective because he is a big upgrade from Kyle Williams. For all the love Williams gets around here, at the end of the day he is a try hard guy who gets pushed around too much.

But from the Jags perspective it is silly. They have one decent player at a position and they are going to trade him away? I don't see it.

Besides, Henderson is under contract 3 more years and they gave him a $13.4M SB. With a $4.2M dollar salary, trading him would be basically cap-neutral. They have tons of cap space, but even if they needed it this wouldn't save them any.

ServoBillieves
04-18-2009, 07:42 PM
This rumor makes no sense. Henderson is the only decent DT they have. The other starter is Rob Meier. Meier was a good 3rd DT, but when he moved into the starting lineup he proved to be not as good.

Even with Henderson DT is a big need for them, and they might go there high in the draft. If they trade Henderson it is a gaping hole.

I can see it from the Bills perspective because he is a big upgrade from Kyle Williams. For all the love Williams gets around here, at the end of the day he is a try hard guy who gets pushed around too much.

But from the Jags perspective it is silly. They have one decent player at a position and they are going to trade him away? I don't see it.

Besides, Henderson is under contract 3 more years and they gave him a $13.4M SB. With a $4.2M dollar salary, trading him would be basically cap-neutral. They have tons of cap space, but even if they needed it this wouldn't save them any.

I agree. It would be stupid for them to let him up, but what other love have you seen for KW on the board? I rarely see anything for him, a lot of people want Raji at 11, but I think Kyle has done a standout job at his position. If it were a need, I'd take it, but since it isn't, I say go for the young talent and pass.

psubills62
04-18-2009, 09:24 PM

I agree with you. The only real way this would make sense to me is if the Jags draft BJ Raji with their pick at #8. It sure would be nice, as a Bills fan, but unless Del Rio is REALLY pissed at Henderson, it probably wouldn't happen.

lordofgun
04-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Isn't that BrianH's website? If so, it's about as reliable as Scott Norwood.

clumping platelets
04-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Henderson's salaries

2009: $4.2 million, $5 million, $5.75 million

:scratch:

Oaf
04-18-2009, 11:24 PM
What the ****. How does someone neg me for saying great? This is a great move if we do it.
To be honest, I was going to follow up one that brilliant one-liner myself until I saw this post. LOL

Forward_Lateral
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Isn't that BrianH's website? If so, it's about as reliable as Scott Norwood.

Yes.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2009, 05:33 AM
I agree with you. The only real way this would make sense to me is if the Jags draft BJ Raji with their pick at #8. It sure would be nice, as a Bills fan, but unless Del Rio is REALLY pissed at Henderson, it probably wouldn't happen.

Even then it doesn't make sense. DT is their #2 need after WR. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jacksonville drafts a DT high, and it wouldn't mean they would turn around and deal Henderson.

It would be like the Bills trading Marcus Stroud and then turning around and drafting his replacement. Would that make them better? If you have a big need at a position, would you turn around and trade the only starting-caliber player you had there?

Seriously, that makes less than zero sense.

clumping platelets
04-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Seriously, that makes less than zero sense.

It's gonna happen then :up: