*RUMOR* - Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

*RUMOR* - Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson?

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson, which would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years, several sources tell ProFootballCentral. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: *RUMOR* - Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson?

So if we do end up getting him for a 4th. it would basically be Peters for a 1st. and Henderson which sounds good to me.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Wow that would make our DEs good

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I like it, but has Henderson's performance fallen off so badly that Jacksonville would take a 4th for him? I think he was a 1st rounder, and he's not that old.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

That would be good!

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I like it, but has Henderson's performance fallen off so badly that Jacksonville would take a 4th for him. I think he was a 1st rounder, and he's not that old.
            Well we got Stroud.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

it's worth a shot i guess. it says his play fell off so i don't expect the same Henderson- Stroud combo, from Jacksonville, to be on the field in Buffalo.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

I'd take a chane for a 4th. Hell People said Stroud was washed up and on the decline. Lightning may not strike twice but I sure would take a chance.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

If we were to get Henderson and he has anything left, we would go into the draft in pretty good shape. Eight picks, including 2 first rounders, to grab a DE, LB, G/C and either an OT or TE.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
                    So if we do end up getting him for a 4th. it would basically be Peters for a 1st. and Henderson which sounds good to me.
                    That would be better, that's for sure. #28/Henderson/6th is much closer to fair value for Peters.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

I would be very happy about that. Get it done boys
                      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I would MUCH rather have Brian Waters; I havent given up on that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

For a 4th? Yes Please. Did you guys check that video? Awesome.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                            • Jan 2008

yess please... Peters for henderson and a first i will take any day
                            I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                              For a 4th? Yes Please. Did you guys check that video? Awesome.
                              Id give up a fourth for Henderson, not saying I wouldn't. What the hell do you got to lose? I mean seriously, when you look at it, how worse off can you? Even if he sucked,he doesnt set us back, because we're already terrible.

I'm just saying given the two I would much rather take a run at Brian Waters, and I STILL think we will before or on next Saturday

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X