PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Pick at #11

Mahdi
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I have a strong feeling that Lawrence Sidbury will be drafted by the Bills in the first round but when I look closer at him and what the Bills need he looks even more intriguing and I'm thinking now that Buffalo takes him at #11.

1. At 6'2 267 he is thickly built, strong in the legs and tough to move.

2. Fastest DE at the combine 4.57

3. Long Arms, scouts look at arm length as a very important characteristic

4. He played LDE throughout college which makes him a perfect fit for Buffalo

5. Dwight Freeney was selected at #11 and Sidbury is almost exactly the same player, height, weight, speed, strength (both put up 28 reps at 225) they even have the same pass rush moves.

Don't be surprised to see the Bills call his name at #11.

The Spaz
04-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Don't see it. We may use 28 on him but not 11. I do like him though.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Very much a reach at 11, but that seems to be the Bills' style.

Mahdi
04-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Very much a reach at 11, but that seems to be the Bills' style.
Exactly. I just see a surprise pick by them. And Sidbury represents everything they need in a DE it just seems right, even if it is seen as a bit of reach that early.

Bmax
04-18-2009, 09:18 AM
42 yes 11 no way... why would we do that he will be avalable at 42 or 75. Sidbury is slated to go in rd 2 mid or late...

Bmax

Mahdi
04-18-2009, 09:32 AM
42 yes 11 no way... why would we do that he will be avalable at 42 or 75. Sidbury is slated to go in rd 2 mid or late...

Bmax
I can guarantee you Sidbury is gone by the second round.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
I have a strong feeling that Lawrence Sidbury will be drafted by the Bills in the first round but when I look closer at him and what the Bills need he looks even more intriguing and I'm thinking now that Buffalo takes him at #11.

5. Dwight Freeney was selected at #11 and Sidbury is almost exactly the same player, height, weight, speed, strength (both put up 28 reps at 225) they even have the same pass rush moves.

don't be surprised how pissed some people will be if that name is called at #11. :down:

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
He will be there on Day2

Irrespective of a fine combine performance, he is a small school player and there are a large number of ends who will grade higher.

Feeney came from a bigger programme than Sidbury does

Everette Brown played at LE in his college career and got 13.5 sacks against better opponents

Jan Reimers
04-18-2009, 10:16 AM
If we go DE at 11, I like Brown the best, but he's a bit of a reach there as well.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
He will be there on Day2

i doubt it.

psubills62
04-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I can pretty much guarantee that Sidbury will not be the pick at 11. He's got some good aspects to his game, but there are a LOT of players that are better prospects than him, including many who will be there at 11.

He might go at the end of the first, but I'm not sure I even see that happening.

His stock has risen since the end of the season, but almost nobody's stock rises that much during the offseason.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 11:21 AM

I see you must be drinking today...

DrGraves
04-18-2009, 11:30 AM
of course the bills will make a reach at 11...

Mr. Pink
04-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I truly believe we'll reach at pick 11...but not for Sidbury.

We'll take Pettigrew, who may still be there at 28, if we didn't.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Now this I could see them doing and it will drive me nuts!

psubills62
04-18-2009, 11:33 AM

Probably not. The NFL teams are much higher on this kid than most fans are. He'd have to get by two teams that could really use him in Atlanta and Philly.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Probably not. The NFL teams are much higher on this kid than most fans are. He'd have to get by two teams that could really use him in Atlanta and Philly.

Atlanta is supposed to be heavily into the Gonzo sweepstakes.

One of those two teams will nab Gonzo in all likelihood, which leaves one team for him to get by realistically to still be there when we pick again.

And, with the way the draft goes, some "can't miss guy" may be on the table for one of those two to lick their chops at.

Like I said, Pettigrew's a guy who could be there still at 28. Could doesn't mean definitely though.

kid mickey
04-18-2009, 11:45 AM
I would be pretty upset if the Bills reached for a guy like Sidbury at 11 in the draft I think he is a 2nd rounder. You don't take a 2nd rounder at 11. You are pretty much asking for the guy to bust when you do something like that.

psubills62
04-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Atlanta is supposed to be heavily into the Gonzo sweepstakes.

One of those two teams will nab Gonzo in all likelihood, which leaves one team for him to get by realistically to still be there when we pick again.

And, with the way the draft goes, some "can't miss guy" may be on the table for one of those two to lick their chops at.

Like I said, Pettigrew's a guy who could be there still at 28. Could doesn't mean definitely though.

Even so, I can almost guarantee it won't just be those two teams. Someone posted an article where the author asked 4 actual NFL scouts to send in their list of top 20 players. The author averaged the rankings...and Pettigrew ranked 6th on the list. I'd bet some team will see him as great value in the 20's.

I just seriously doubt Pettigrew will be on the board at 28. I believe that fans severely underrate him because of his lack of flash and ability to stretch the field.