PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid of one thing in the wake of the Peters trade

The Juice Is Loose
04-18-2009, 11:21 AM
I have been working on my mock draft. Here is how I see the Top 10. Go ahead and berate me if you want, but I could see it going like this:

1. Detroit - Matt Stafford
2. St Louis - Jason Smith
3. Kansas City - Aaron Curry
4. Seattle - BJ Raji
5. Cleveland - Everette Brown
6. Cincinatti - Eugene Monroe
7. Oakland - Brian Orakpo
8. Jacksonville - Jeremy Maclin
9. Green Bay - Vontae Davis
10. San Fran - Aaron Maybin

So at 11 that will leave the Bills mulling over Pettigrew, Michael Oher and of course, Tits McGee, Andre Smith. I personally feel that just because we want a D end, teams are going to hog them up in the top 10.

I am deathly afraid that Andre Smith is going to be a Bill. This guy, of all the players in the 1st round, is probably the most bust-worthy. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole until the 2nd round.

On one hand, he was projected to be at the top of the draft. If not for his antics at the combine, he could be the top tackle. So if we take him, we could end up with the best tackle in the draft.

Or we would end up with Mike Williams V2.

If it were up to me, I'm afraid I'd take Pettigrew at 11 with that selection...And I'd hope Eben Britton was there at 28.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 11:24 AM
There's no way the draft fall like that, so no need to worry.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Exactly right about Mike Williams v2. I think (hope) the Bills have learned their lesson from that. If the draft goes the way your mock goes, Oher will be the pick.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Exactly right about Mike Williams v2. I think (hope) the Bills have learned their lesson from that. If the draft goes the way your mock goes, Oher will be the pick.

Oher has problems learning and that is why many teams have dropped them on their boards. Also, he is viewed more like a RT, so I don't think he is the pick at #11.

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
the draft simply won't fall like that. Sanchez will definitely go in the Top10 and I would be surprised if Oher fell out of the Top10 to.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2009, 11:38 AM
If the draft falls like that...

The selection should take all of 45 seconds for Ralphie to hobble up there with a cane with a card that reads...

Michael Crabtree WR Texas

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 11:40 AM
If the draft falls like that...

The selection should take all of 45 seconds for Ralphie to hobble up there with a cane with a card that reads...

Michael Crabtree WR Texas

I knew there was a Top10 lock I'd missed

kid mickey
04-18-2009, 11:48 AM
The Bills could go OT with the first pick, I am not sure they will though. If they don't they must really like what they see in Demetrius Bell.

Mike13
04-18-2009, 12:53 PM
The Bills could go OT with the first pick, I am not sure they will though. If they don't they must really like what they see in Demetrius Bell.

They didnt want to pay Peters, but they may very well pay more for a LT at 11.

yordad
04-18-2009, 12:55 PM
They didnt want to pay Peters, but they may very well pay more for a LT at 11.A... no. No they wouldn't. Not even half.