PDA

View Full Version : Great Walterfootball article on Peters...

sauce
04-18-2009, 11:43 AM
http://walterfootball.com/jasonpeterstrade.php
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

The Jason Peters Trade and the 2009 NFL Draft - My Thoughts

Moreover, how could Andy Reid give up the No. 28 overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft for him? You can suggest that Reid was too busy waiting in line all year at Geno's Steaks to watch film on Peters or even check his stats, but doing so wouldn't be too classy. I mean, what kind of Web site makes fun of fat coaches and NFL analysts who can't even come close to speaking proper English?

I don't like this trade at all for Philadelphia; the team would have been better served trading up for Michael Oher or William Beatty, or simply sliding Todd Herremans over to left tackle. As mentioned, Peters gave up 11.5 sacks in 2008. Newly acquired right tackle Stacy Andrews, coming off knee surgery, allowed 9.5 sacks last season.

Either the Eagles missed the 2008 season entirely, or are trying their hardest to get Donovan McNabb injured so the highly anticipated Kevin Kolb era can commence as quickly as possible. On the bright side, they'll probably serve McNabb some Chunky Soup while he's lying in bed at the hospital.

From Buffalo's perspective, the deal was a lucrative one. The organization avoided overpaying for one of the NFL's most overrated players. The Bills can take Oher or Andre Smith at No. 11 overall (trading up to No. 9 for one of them is also an option). They'll be able to spend the No. 28 selection on a much-needed pass-rusher, such as Larry English or Michael Johnson. And now, they'll be free to spend their second-round choice on the best tight end or linebacker available. They also get a fourth-rounder and a conditional 2010 pick.

Seems like a fair trade for the Bills. The only downside to the deal is that their fans will have one less Pro Bowler to root for. Not that anyone watches that stupid game anyway.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 11:53 AM
You cannot post full articles

sauce
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
You cannot post full articles

Oh no are you going to slap the internet handcuffs on me

who cares I provided a link and see full articles on here all the time

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Posting of full articles is not allowed., BillsZone enforces it. Im just letting you know. Its a copywrite thing

yordad
04-18-2009, 12:21 PM
BM is right, but I enjoyed the read, thx.

sauce
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Posting of full articles is not allowed., BillsZone enforces it. Im just letting you know. Its a copywrite thing

OK fixed

LifetimeBillsFan
04-18-2009, 03:13 PM
If the Bills do not use their first pick in the first round to select an LT--and especially if they do not use either of their first rounders on a LT--they are going to get hammered in the media. Expect it. Because I don't think that the Bills will use either pick on an OT.

While the Bills will probably take an OT--or perhaps someone like Ungar who has the ability to slide over to OT--at some point in this draft (perhaps as high as the 2nd round, but I still don't think so), I think that they drafted D.Bell as insurance in case there were problems with Peters this season and that, at some point, they are going to give him a chance to show what he can do--possibly starting him at RT for half a season or as the OT back-up until the bye week until they think he is ready to step in at LT.

If that is their intention, the Bills will use their two first round picks to grab potential playmakers that they think will be able to have an immediate impact--a pass rushing DE, OLB or TE, if they can get one. Or, if they can't get the impact player that they want at # 28, I can see them going for a top interior lineman, like Mack, who they could groom to step in as their starting LG by mid-season.

But, again, don't be surprised if the Bills don't draft a LT in Round One. And, don't be shocked or put off if the media laughs and screams about them if that happens.