PDA

View Full Version : Don't spin the Peter's story...

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Heard from Carucci on the radio that the Bills never offered more than 8 million a year. He signed for 10 million a year.

So where are people getting that he didn't want to play in Buffalo? He just wanted to get paid and we are cheap. End of story.

The Spaz
04-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Leave already won't you...

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2009, 12:08 PM
heres spin for ya: he wasnt worth 10 mill a year last year. Maybe he will this year; who knows

Night Train
04-18-2009, 12:09 PM
:deadhorse:

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 12:10 PM
The door is over there ----------> HH :bigwave:

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 12:10 PM
One source and its end of story?

Peters held out all pre-season, turning up one day before the opening game, gave up 11.5 sacks and was flagged 8 times. Compare that to Bruce Smith who often failed to turn up to training camp but at least was professional enough to keep in shape and be an absolute beast on the field when he did.

You pay for performance, not for petulance. End of story.

Joe Fo Sho
04-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm officially done with the Bills

:blahblah:

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I love how brainwashed the front office has you guys.

So you are saying that not paying him was a good move? Just making sure I have this right.

Okay explain to me how this move made us better?

This o-line just lost the entire left side and people are acting like it's not a big deal.

Furthermore, you do understand that we now have to use our 11th pick, not to improve the team, but fill the hole vacated by Peters with a player that most likely will not be his equal.

So our real pick in the draft is now #28.

ddaryl
04-18-2009, 12:23 PM
You said you were done with this team. You are failing to convince us that you are

Joe Fo Sho
04-18-2009, 12:24 PM

So you are saying that not paying him was a good move? Just making sure I have this right.

This o-line just lost the entire left side and people are acting like it's not a big deal.

Furthermore, you do understand that we now have to use our 11th pick, not to improve the team, but fill the hole vacated by Peters with a player that most likely will not be his equal.

Why do we have to use the 11th pick for a LT?

So you're not done with the Bills?

methos4ever
04-18-2009, 12:24 PM
13.5 million with the cash that is guaranteed, a year, is not what they wanted to pay for Jason. They traded him, we have to move on and deal with it. And, for the sake of discussion, would you be willing to call yourself out should Peters not do well in Philly?

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Did you really expect him to sign for 8 million a year? Now the front office get's a pass for an offer that everyone here knew he wouldn't accept?

As I said before, ignoring reality doesn't make you a better fan.

It's okay to pay Schobel 8 million a year who sucks but it's not okay to pay Peters who arguably is coming into his prime.

I love the counter argumnets...oh wait..there are none.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
13.5 million with the cash that is guaranteed, a year, is not what they wanted to pay for Jason. They traded him, we have to move on and deal with it. And, for the sake of discussion, would you be willing to call yourself out should Peters not do well in Philly?

Absolutely I would call myself out and I have. I thought that Losman just needed time to develop and I was questioing myself before the 2007 season began. Ask Mikey.

Where are you getting 13.5 million a year? 24 million is guaranteed and it's 60 million over 6 years.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 12:32 PM

Just so you know I took the same abuse for Schobel last year and I got lambasted for those threads as well? How did that turn out?

The funny part is that none of the people that are ripping me now will have the balls to come back at the end of next season.

Where are the people that ripped on me about Schobel?? CASDF, Justa, and a zillion others?

Joe Fo Sho
04-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Did you really expect him to sign for 8 million a year? Now the front office get's a pass for an offer that everyone here knew he wouldn't accept?

It's okay to pay Schobel 8 million a year who sucks but it's not okay to pay Peters who arguably is coming into his prime.

Dude, I'm pissed that we got rid of Peters, but what's the point of *****ing about it?

I challenge you to find one person who is satisfied with how much we are paying Schobel. However, I was happy when we extended him a few years back.

Ignoring reality has no effect on how much of a fan you are. If you like how the Bills operate, or how they play, or where they play, then follow them and be happy. If you don't, then you should be a fan of another team.

So, you're not done with the Bills then?

psubills62
04-18-2009, 12:37 PM
Heard from Carucci on the radio that the Bills never offered more than 8 million a year. He signed for 10 million a year.

So where are people getting that he didn't want to play in Buffalo? He just wanted to get paid and we are cheap. End of story.

So let me get this straight...there are a bunch of rumors floating around that the Bills offered close to 10 million per year, and you refuse to believe those. Then one person says that the Bills didn't offer more than 8 million per year, and suddenly you believe them?

I guess it's true that people are stupid - they only believe what they want to believe or what they're afraid is true.

It's amazing to me how much people simply ignore point after point, but only see what they want to see out of something. And I think of all people, you're the most guilty of that.

yordad
04-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Where you expecting everyone to get up and leave with you?

methos4ever
04-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Just so you know I took the same abuse for Schobel last year and I got lambasted for those threads as well? How did that turn out?

The funny part is that none of the people that are ripping me now will have the balls to come back at the end of next season.

Where are the people that ripped on me about Schobel?? CASDF, Justa, and a zillion others?
Hurricane,
I'm getting it from the fact they added 53 million (24 guar) to the 7 million remaining on his contract.

So if he's getting the 13 from that fact and the link below:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-107/Eagles-didn-t-short-change-Peters.html

Now, my math may be fuzzy, but I think it's accurate - Clump of course would know best.

To me, I can disagree with you about the Peters thing and not take pleasure in either of us being right/wrong because we lost a good player. My problem is with people that have a statement and then twist it later posthumously. From your example you don't do that, so kudos - I respect your opinion, but disagree.

GreedoII
04-18-2009, 12:48 PM

Quit your whining A-hole

DesertFox24
04-18-2009, 12:53 PM

I wanted peters on this team but lets be honest, any street FA we sign could allow 11.5 sacks and pile 10 penalties in a year.

Peters was not worth making the highest paid tackle in the game, had he shown up last year and played in 08 like he did in 07 an 06 then I agree, but when I guy says on record you play the game to get to hawaii that should tell you where he stands.

PromoTheRobot
04-18-2009, 01:18 PM
You'll find some nice Eagles fan boards on Google. Buh-bye.

PTR

acehole
04-18-2009, 01:51 PM

ie when we could not live with j jennings

Saratoga Slim
04-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Quit your whining A-hole
Most of the posters on this thread don't agree with him either, but were able to get that across without name-calling. If you don't agree, explain why.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 04:29 PM

Umm, he signed for $13.5 million per season and close to $25 million guaranteed. I'm sorry, he is not worth paying that much for. Did I want him here, yes, but he is not and should not be paid like the best LT in the NFL.

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Weve had sites saying 10 million, 8 million, 11 million, and you take the guy that says we offered the lowest and hes the only one you believe? Your like the opposite of a homer. At least Op is keeping quiet. Your turn.

Dujek
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
The Eagles have overpaid for a player who was below par for most of last season. If they get 2007 Jason Peters then they've only overpaid by a small amount, if they get 2008 Jason Peters then they've basically ****ed themselves. Right now I'm just glad it's over and we can move on.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 04:46 PM

I'm with you on this. I understand that Peters and the Front Office were not happy with each other, but the Bills can't just keep taking one step forward and two steps back. The Bills should be cutting the fat off their team, not their 'A' caliber talent. They should be cutting the Kelsay's and the Schobel's who obviously are not capable of performing anymore and are thus far overpaid. I understand Peters is a douche, but he's one of the best players we have.

Your point about now having to use the 11th overall on a damn O-lineman when we should be worrying about our D-line and now basically having the 28th overall is spot on. We basically are now going to gamble on an unproven top o-line pick when we had a proven guy. Watch us pick another Mike Williams. Good job Front Office.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
i'm glad HHURRICANE came to his senses and stayed. :phew:

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
The Eagles have overpaid for a player who was below par for most of last season. If they get 2007 Jason Peters then they've only overpaid by a small amount, if they get 2008 Jason Peters then they've basically ****ed themselves. Right now I'm just glad it's over and we can move on.

Part of that is the holdout. It took some time for Peters to get up to speed. That won't happen this year. And another factor is Dockery. Dockery is a major reason for the sacks that were given up on that left side.

Dujek
04-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Part of it was that Peters simply wasn't as good last year as he was the year before, and his wage demands were ridiculous based on that fact. The Eagles were the only team desperate enough to pay him that money, which is probably why we only got #28 a 4th and a 6th next year for him. If somebody else had been interested I'm sure we'd have got #21 and a 3rd at the very least.

Peters is not the best LT in the NFL, despite what he believes.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Part of it was that Peters simply wasn't as good last year as he was the year before, and his wage demands were ridiculous based on that fact. The Eagles were the only team desperate enough to pay him that money, which is probably why we only got #28 a 4th and a 6th next year for him. If somebody else had been interested I'm sure we'd have got #21 and a 3rd at the very least.

Peters is not the best LT in the NFL, despite what he believes.

Ya know, it'd be nice if I could say to myself, "I give the Bills the benefit the doubt. They obviously watch the tapes and know Peters and how good he is better than anyone. They know if he's worth the price it'll take or not."

Except they're so incompetent - they dont know - and we'll all just have to wait and see.

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Part of that is the holdout. It took some time for Peters to get up to speed. That won't happen this year. And another factor is Dockery. Dockery is a major reason for the sacks that were given up on that left side.

how do you have any idea of what will happen this year?? he has digressed every year for the last 3 years, and he will face Osi Umenyiora twice and Demarcus Ware twice a year on the Eagles. I hope he gets absolutely dominated by those guys. I used to root for the Eagles cuz of McNabb being a Cuse guy and Westbrook just being amazing, but now I cant help but hope Peters makes them worse.

Buddo
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM
In many respects, who offered what is pretty irrelevant.
Bottom line should be the recognition that Peters, by his actions of the last year or so, wanted out.
He's got his wish, and the Bills have done about as good as they could, out of it.
If people can't actually see that, they probably need to change their optician.

Goobylal
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM
You mean Vic Carucci, the guy who said that Julius Peppers was about to be traded to the Pats for the 34th overall pick? I thought old Vic was out-of-touch before that report, and afterwards he lost all credibility. I am now convinced that the Bills offered close to $10M/year.

I wanted Peters to stay. But at $10M/year, or even $8M/year with $20+M in guarantees, I didn't want to find out the hard way that 2008 was more the norm than the exception. Remember that Peters severely tore his groin at the end of 2007, and then proceeded to skip workouts, mini- and training camp, so that the Bills couldn't see him up close before giving him a new deal. I think some of his athleticism that made him so good in 2007 was lost for good with that injury. And then he got injured again last year. And in each of the last 2 seasons, he was injured so badly that he had to miss the Pro Bowl, which was 2 months after his injuries. That's not a good sign. And probably why the Bills didn't go overboard with a contract offer.

Basically I'm glad it's over and we can move on. I wish they could have gotten the 21st overall and a 3rd, but I'll take the 28th, a 4th, and a conditional pick, especially if the conditional pick nets the Bills anything earlier than a 5th rounder.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
how do you have any idea of what will happen this year?? he has digressed every year for the last 3 years, and he will face Osi Umenyiora twice and Demarcus Ware twice a year on the Eagles. I hope he gets absolutely dominated by those guys. I used to root for the Eagles cuz of McNabb being a Cuse guy and Westbrook just being amazing, but now I cant help but hope Peters makes them worse.

Reread what I wrote without taking one line out of context. I said he won't hold out and thus won't be showing up days before the game, trying to re-learn everything he would've picked up in training camp and in pre-season, had he been there from the beginning.

He will be at training camp this year, and thus will not need those extra weeks to remember the basics of how to play his position.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks to DMBCrew for actually reading the points and understanding them.

For everyone else.

1) As I stated before I am done with the BIlls unless they do somthing between now and the end of the draft that shows me they have some semblence of a strategy. Read the whole post not the parts you selectively choose.

2) Overpaying for Peters is still better than our current option.

3) Carucci isn't some bogus website. The guy reported as a journalist that the Bills never offered more than 8 million dollars. You guys act like ESPN reported something different. Do you have a more credible source? Carucci also said that he talked to the Bills and they aren't taking pettigrew but are more interested in Cook.

4) Where are the Eagles paying 13.5 million a year. They are not. However they load it is up to them. Peters would still be here if we offered him 10 million a year. Period. The Bills offered 8 million. You guys act like politicians.

5) If Peters played as badly with camp and pre-season than you could argue all you want. The guy showed up days before the beginning of the season and still outplayed everyone on the line.

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Reread what I wrote without taking one line out of context. I said he won't hold out and thus won't be showing up days before the game, trying to re-learn everything he would've picked up in training camp and in pre-season, had he been there from the beginning.

He will be at training camp this year, and thus will not need those extra weeks to remember the basics of how to play his position.

so you're saying that peters played more poorly early on than he did later in the season? I dont know if you can definitively say that. I dont know the numbers (ie. sacks allowed or what have you) but I recall him playing fairly poorly down the stretch as well.

SquishDaFish
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
HH he didnt outplay everyone on the line last year. He was one of the worst. Stop talking out your ass. And Vic isnt crap as a reporter he isnt even IN with the Bills anymore.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:29 PM
HH he didnt outplay everyone on the line last year. He was one of the worst. Stop talking out your ass. And Vic isnt crap as a reporter he isnt even IN with the Bills anymore.

He played worse than Preston and Dockery? Okay, you really want to say that? They only have 5 guys on the line.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
so you're saying that peters played more poorly early on than he did later in the season? I dont know if you can definitively say that. I dont know the numbers (ie. sacks allowed or what have you) but I recall him playing fairly poorly down the stretch as well.

I saw a bunch of sacks that got charged to Peters that should have gone to Dockery. Dockery was horrible and many of us posted that. I also watched Peters several times waste 2 guys at once in the run game while Dockery was standing there.

You guys can't ***** about the bad and ignore the amount of good plays this guy had. Peters didn't have a pro-bowl season but for a guy that showed up days before the opnener I would say it tells you that a full camp and pre-season would've given a better result.

methos4ever
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I think of the five, Walker was the most consistent. But Peters was probably 2, heck 1a around the time of that browns game.

To me, Peters is a guy that has to work to be the best at LT and that's fine. But for him to act like Walter Jones (hold out til week 1) and not have Walter Jones production afterward is where I was annoyed.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2009, 12:10 AM
I saw a bunch of sacks that got charged to Peters that should have gone to Dockery. Dockery was horrible and many of us posted that. I also watched Peters several times waste 2 guys at once in the run game while Dockery was standing there.

You guys can't ***** about the bad and ignore the amount of good plays this guy had. Peters didn't have a pro-bowl season but for a guy that showed up days before the opnener I would say it tells you that a full camp and pre-season would've given a better result.

all i ever said was he wasnt worth 10 mill a year last year.