X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Don't spin the Peter's story...

Heard from Carucci on the radio that the Bills never offered more than 8 million a year. He signed for 10 million a year.

So where are people getting that he didn't want to play in Buffalo? He just wanted to get paid and we are cheap. End of story.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Don't spin the Peter's story...

Leave already won't you...

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

heres spin for ya: he wasnt worth 10 mill a year last year. Maybe he will this year; who knows

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

:
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

The door is over there ----------> HH

Comment

One source and its end of story?

Peters held out all pre-season, turning up one day before the opening game, gave up 11.5 sacks and was flagged 8 times. Compare that to Bruce Smith who often failed to turn up to training camp but at least was professional enough to keep in shape and be an absolute beast on the field when he did.

You pay for performance, not for petulance. End of story.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I'm officially done with the Bills

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I love how brainwashed the front office has you guys.

So you are saying that not paying him was a good move? Just making sure I have this right.

Okay explain to me how this move made us better?

This o-line just lost the entire left side and people are acting like it's not a big deal.

Furthermore, you do understand that we now have to use our 11th pick, not to improve the team, but fill the hole vacated by Peters with a player that most likely will not be his equal.

So our real pick in the draft is now #28.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

You said you were done with this team. You are failing to convince us that you are

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

I love how brainwashed the front office has you guys.

So you are saying that not paying him was a good move? Just making sure I have this right.

Okay explain to me how this move made us better?

This o-line just lost the entire left side and people are acting like it's not a big deal.

Furthermore, you do understand that we now have to use our 11th pick, not to improve the team, but fill the hole vacated by Peters with a player that most likely will not be his equal.

So our real pick in the draft is now #28.
                    Why do we have to use the 11th pick for a LT?

So you're not done with the Bills?

Comment

• methos4ever
                      • Apr 2004

13.5 million with the cash that is guaranteed, a year, is not what they wanted to pay for Jason. They traded him, we have to move on and deal with it. And, for the sake of discussion, would you be willing to call yourself out should Peters not do well in Philly?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Did you really expect him to sign for 8 million a year? Now the front office get's a pass for an offer that everyone here knew he wouldn't accept?

As I said before, ignoring reality doesn't make you a better fan.

It's okay to pay Schobel 8 million a year who sucks but it's not okay to pay Peters who arguably is coming into his prime.

I love the counter argumnets...oh wait..there are none.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by methos4ever
                          13.5 million with the cash that is guaranteed, a year, is not what they wanted to pay for Jason. They traded him, we have to move on and deal with it. And, for the sake of discussion, would you be willing to call yourself out should Peters not do well in Philly?
                          Absolutely I would call myself out and I have. I thought that Losman just needed time to develop and I was questioing myself before the 2007 season began. Ask Mikey.

Where are you getting 13.5 million a year? 24 million is guaranteed and it's 60 million over 6 years.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by methos4ever
                            Just so you know I took the same abuse for Schobel last year and I got lambasted for those threads as well? How did that turn out?

The funny part is that none of the people that are ripping me now will have the balls to come back at the end of next season.

Where are the people that ripped on me about Schobel?? CASDF, Justa, and a zillion others?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Did you really expect him to sign for 8 million a year? Now the front office get's a pass for an offer that everyone here knew he wouldn't accept?

As I said before, ignoring reality doesn't make you a better fan.

It's okay to pay Schobel 8 million a year who sucks but it's not okay to pay Peters who arguably is coming into his prime.

I love the counter argumnets...oh wait..there are none.
                              Dude, I'm pissed that we got rid of Peters, but what's the point of *****ing about it?

I challenge you to find one person who is satisfied with how much we are paying Schobel. However, I was happy when we extended him a few years back.

Ignoring reality has no effect on how much of a fan you are. If you like how the Bills operate, or how they play, or where they play, then follow them and be happy. If you don't, then you should be a fan of another team.

So, you're not done with the Bills then?

Comment

Working...
                              X