X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Waters not at minicamp

Waters and Tony are not a Chiefs camp according to PFT... think there is any chance we can try to get Waters in a Bills uniform still?
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Waters not at minicamp

Yes please.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills are trying, but I just don't see the Chiefs trading away one of their better players.

I would love it if they got him.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

I mean if he is as disgruntled as peters was... maybe they will deal him...

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Can you guys imagine if we end up getting Waters, and Henderson...I think those would be two great moves for us.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• evdawg419
            • Mar 2009

Apparently the Chiefs contacted us about Parrish. Pioli wants a guy like Welker for Cassle. Maybe we can package something together with them 2 involved.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
              Can you guys imagine if we end up getting Waters, and Henderson...I think those would be two great moves for us.
              Deffinitly, but I cant get to excited about it. Get to excited, then its a bigger let down when/if it doesnt happen. Would love to see it happen though.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Maybe patmoran's prediction is going to come true. He has said many times that the Bills are interested in Waters. Seeing how we lost one Pro Bowl OL, why not bring in a replacement Pro Bowl OL? Plus we can give them Roscoe Parrish in the deal.....

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  Waters and Tony are not a Chiefs camp according to PFT... think there is any chance we can try to get Waters in a Bills uniform still?
                  no

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    no

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      I think the odds just improved considerably.

IMHO KC really didn't want to part with Waters...after all, they need guys to help protect Cassel and, while he is getting up there in age, Waters still is a very good player. And, from some of what I read, they were looking for a 2nd rounder if they did trade him--which no team was offering.

But, if Waters, who is his own agent, isn't going to show up at mini-camp for his new HC, that could change things a lot in terms of how KC views Waters now. Having a guy of his stature snub the new HC could seriously undermine the HC's authority--something that no organization wants to see happen. And, Pioli wasn't too tolerant of holdouts during his tenure in NE--older vets who held out or complained about money generally ended up leaving town pretty quickly when Pioli was with the Pats.

So, it is possible that KC will now be more interested in moving Waters and be more willing to consider the kind of offer that the Bills could make with the picks that they have at this point.

Certainly, if I were in the Bills FO, I would be calling the Chiefs to see if a deal for Waters could be made. Having lost Peters, the Bills have nothing to lose in trying to bring Waters in and the price just might be a bit more reasonable now--especially since KC will need picks to makeover their team. (I'd also ask what it would take to acquire Dorsey, who may not be a fit in the 3-4 that they are adopting, as well while I was on the phone with KC!)
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                        (I'd also ask what it would take to acquire Dorsey, who may not be a fit in the 3-4 that they are adopting, as well while I was on the phone with KC!)
                        Not to mention Hali. They're trying him as a LB now.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

send them Parrish and our 4th for Waters.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                            • Apr 2008

Parrish and our 3rd for Waters?

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
                              Parrish and our 3rd for Waters?

If we're including Parrish then a 4th. should be enough.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X