I love what the bills are doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

I love what the bills are doing

1st- With Peters. Honestly, like I said in my post about for people who hate the peters move, why pay big money to him when he is not a team player, obviously doesnt want to be here, and has been holding out the last 2 years. We still have 3 Tackles that could take hist RT or LT spot. Chambers, Walker, Butler.

2nd- Getting rid of the old players. We are trying to get rid of all our busts. Parrish, Kelsay, Royal. We have finally realized to get rid of these players who have made buffalo the laughing stock theyve been for the past 9 years.

3rd- The Henderson trade. Can you imagine getting Henderson next to Stroud with Schobel, and a 1st round DE? I would even trade up with our 1sts and 3rd to the 7th spot to pick up Orakpo.

4th- Picking up Rhodes. This man is a great backup for Jackson. A power RB while Lynch is out and can catch out of the backfield, block, and be a GL threat.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: I love what the bills are doing

Me also... Shaking things up makes for an interesting offseason.
    More of the same has gotten us 7-9.

Originally posted by Mitchell55
    1st- With Peters. Honestly, like I said in my post about for people who hate the peters move, why pay big money to him when he is not a team player, obviously doesnt want to be here, and has been holding out the last 2 years. We still have 3 Tackles that could take hist RT or LT spot. Chambers, Walker, Butler.

2nd- Getting rid of the old players. We are trying to get rid of all our busts. Parrish, Kelsay, Royal. We have finally realized to get rid of these players who have made buffalo the laughing stock theyve been for the past 9 years.

3rd- The Henderson trade. Can you imagine getting Henderson next to Stroud with Schobel, and a 1st round DE? I would even trade up with our 1sts and 3rd to the 7th spot to pick up Orakpo.

4th- Picking up Rhodes. This man is a great backup for Jackson. A power RB while Lynch is out and can catch out of the backfield, block, and be a GL threat.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• homeslice5484
      • Jul 2008

how much worse can it get? 7-9 or 4-12? Still losing.

Comment

1st - without a draft pick this will only be a very short term option. Signing a guy like Beatty or Cadogan and have him learn alongside a veteran like Pete Kendall for a year would provide more confidence.

2nd - we've only got rid of Royal so far, and if we are unable to trade them and have to cut them, we take a cap hit.

3rd - what trade? it could be a wild rumour. Orakpo is unlikely to be there at 7th and why would Al Davis trade with us. We have enough needs that the 3rd rounder you so casually give up could be important. If we draft a RE where does Schobel play? Or do we cut him and take another cap hit?

4th - so we sign a journeyman. Personally if we grabbed Deuce McAllister I'd have thought more of the move. I tend not to get excited about the signing of backups to backups.

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

You are a hypocrite and make no sense:

1. You were the kid thinking we would get two first rounders and more for peters. And now you are happy that we only got the 28th pick and change?

2. Kelsay is still a bill, and roscoe may not be a great wideout but he is a great return man and isn't a bust

3. The henderson thing is a RUMOR and probably wont happen. you can't factor this into what you like about what the bills have done.

4. rhodes was a good depth pickup but it doesnt make the team better or worse really.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves

1. You were the kid thinking we would get two first rounders and more for peters. And now you are happy that we only got the 28th pick and change?

2. Kelsay is still a bill, and roscoe may not be a great wideout but he is a great return man and isn't a bust

3. The henderson thing is a RUMOR and probably wont happen. you can't factor this into what you like about what the bills have done.

4. rhodes was a good depth pickup but it doesnt make the team better or worse really.
            Thanks for saving me time by posting that.

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
              1st - without a draft pick this will only be a very short term option. Signing a guy like Beatty or Cadogan and have him learn alongside a veteran like Pete Kendall for a year would provide more confidence. Lang is just as good in the 3rd or 2nd.

2nd - we've only got rid of Royal so far, and if we are unable to trade them and have to cut them, we take a cap hit. What?

3rd - what trade? it could be a wild rumour. Orakpo is unlikely to be there at 7th and why would Al Davis trade with us. We have enough needs that the 3rd rounder you so casually give up could be important. If we draft a RE where does Schobel play? Or do we cut him and take another cap hit? Dumb, not even responding.

4th - so we sign a journeyman. Personally if we grabbed Deuce McAllister I'd have thought more of the move. I tend not to get excited about the signing of backups to backups. Rhodes had 6 TDs last year as a backup for the Colts. Hes a better signing than 3 game Deuce or Fred Taylor.

DET- Staff
              STL- Smith
              KC- Curry
              Sea- Monroe
              Clev- Raji
              Cinc- Oher
              Oak- They want Maclin or Bey. The would trade

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

Can someone NEG the crap out of mitchell please?

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

1. You were the kid thinking we would get two first rounders and more for peters. And now you are happy that we only got the 28th pick and change? It was just 2 1sts. I did change my theory to a 1st and 3rd later in his hold out, and then he wouldnt even sign the 11 million or so contract we gave so I knew he was worth less than what I previously thought. I never posted it though.

2. Kelsay is still a bill, and roscoe may not be a great wideout but he is a great return man and isn't a bust- 5 TDs in 4 years, thats a bust.

3. The henderson thing is a RUMOR and probably wont happen. you can't factor this into what you like about what the bills have done. Stroud and Owens was also a rumor. This one sounds likely since we already heard about a trade like this earlier in the OS.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

Can someone NEG the crap out of mitchell please?

Please die.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

because you agree with what the Bills are doing will cause me to lose sleep at night...thanks for that.
                      Last edited by SabreEleven; 04-18-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize two first rounders for peters was the same thing as one first rounder and a forth.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

^There you go, thats a good reason to neg me now.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            • Feb 2008

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize two first rounders for peters was the same thing as one first rounder and a forth.

Dumb ass. When the **** did I say that.

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

Dumb ass. When the **** did I say that.
                              In about 20 of your pointless fantasy land threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X