PDA

View Full Version : I will be laughing ....

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 03:59 PM
.... when all the nay sayers, and haters have to eat humble pie.

On the defence, we will have our leading pass-rusher back, and are very likely to get him help. Considering we were ranked 14th with little pass rush from the line, we can only be better for it. McKelvin will have come along, Youboty will build on last seasons breakout and despite losing Crowell, he didn't play last year anyway.

On the offense, we will find Evans in less double coverage and a better set of targets for Edwards in Owens, Evans and Reed. Our starting TE is likely to be no worse than Royal, whilst if Edwards goes down, Fitzpatrick is a better and more reliable QB to help the team maintain momentum.

And as for protecting the QB, we will have had an entire training camp and pre-season to get the unit playing together, with no distractions, a better starting center, and whoever is at LT, they will be committed to the team and willing to play for the team, starting the season focused and in shape.

Looking at who we are playing against, 9 wins is not an outrageous prediction.

Dr. Pepper
04-18-2009, 04:06 PM
i like your optimism.

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 04:08 PM
i like your optimism.

its more attractive than constant pessimism simply because we traded a guy who didn't want to be here, and turned up only in body not mind last year.

Anyone would think that Peters was an irreplaceable Hall of Famer. He had one good season.

acehole
04-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Can you clarify nay sayers?

We have a shot every year until we don't anymore.

On the defence, we will have our leading pass-rusher back, and are very likely to get him help. Considering we were ranked 14th with little pass rush from the line, we can only be better for it. McKelvin will have come along, Youboty will build on last seasons breakout and despite losing Crowell, he didn't play last year anyway.

On the offense, we will find Evans in less double coverage and a better set of targets for Edwards in Owens, Evans and Reed. Our starting TE is likely to be no worse than Royal, whilst if Edwards goes down, Fitzpatrick is a better and more reliable QB to help the team maintain momentum.

And as for protecting the QB, we will have had an entire training camp and pre-season to get the unit playing together, with no distractions, a better starting center, and whoever is at LT, they will be committed to the team and willing to play for the team, starting the season focused and in shape.

VeggieMan14

Looking at who we are playing against, 9 wins is not an outrageous prediction.im with you we will go 9-7 and slip into th playoffs

Dr. Pepper
i agree the Peters trade was good for the organization. let's hope we have a great draft next week.

kernowboy
04-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Can you clarify nay sayers?

We have a shot every year until we don't anymore.

People are constantly negative about actions, unable even to consider both sides and cannot wait until the season starts before being all doom and gloom.

Unless we have a shocker of a draft like we had in 2005, it is likely we will get a couple of starters and some decent depth in the draft.

After the draft, teams will start cutting veterans and some may well be a great fit for the Bills.

If we start of 0-4 then have a go but until that time ....

All we are getting is constant pro-Peters and anti-Bills threads. He's left the house, gone, so they should get over it, and support our next top LT.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 04:54 PM
People are constantly negative about actions, unable even to consider both sides and cannot wait until the season starts before being all doom and gloom.

Unless we have a shocker

this place had The Shocker until Stampy got banned. :mad:

BillsWin
04-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I like it. However, 9-7 will not get us into the playoffs. unless we sweep through our division by some stroke of luck with 6 of our 9 wins against them, and the other teams in our division flop.

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 05:04 PM
this place had The Shocker until Stampy got banned. :mad:
Funny, I thought Whitner had The Shocker?

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Our "leading pass-rusher" can't hold the jock of most other pass-rushers in the league. He would be a back-up on some other teams in the league. And I don't even want to start on our other "pass-rushers," if thats even what they do. They can stop the run, but pass-rush they can not.

For the sake of us all, I hope the Bills address the issue with the 11th overall.

yordad
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
LOL, I am laughing at this now, and if they make the play-offs, I will be laughing with this later. Win win for me, thanks.

OpIv37
04-18-2009, 07:10 PM

Hahahaha what a joke. In fact, the exact opposite will happen. All the people who are defending this crappy FO trading away the team's best player will be eating humble pie.

Yes, Schobel is our best pass rusher, by default. He's mediocre- he's only the best because all our other pass rushers completely suck. DE is a HUGE hole for this team. McKelvin still has to prove he can be as good as Greer, Youboty's a nickel back who hasn't been able to stay healthy and we have a HUGE hole at OLB as well.

Yes, Evans should be open more but it doesn't matter because Edwards will be on his ass. One training camp for an OL to gel? Last year, everyone told me that continuity on the OL would make it better. Now, you're defending an OL in total flux and saying they can gel in one preseason, when two of the starters haven't even been named yet? Give me a ****ing break. We're going to have either rookies, back-ups or 3rd rate FA's blocking for Trent. This FO has been trying that strategy for years and it NEVER works.

9 wins is more than outrageous. This schedule is HARDER than last year, and so far the only help we've added is TO, a backup C and a backup RB, while simultaneously opening up two holes on the OL. Getting back to 7-9 will be a miracle.

OpIv37
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Our "leading pass-rusher" can't hold the jock of most other pass-rushers in the league. He would be a back-up on some other teams in the league. And I don't even want to start on our other "pass-rushers," if thats even what they do. They can stop the run, but pass-rush they can not.

For the sake of us all, I hope the Bills address the issue with the 11th overall.

Wade called Chris Watson a "punt catcher." He'd call these DE's "pass watchers".

The last buffalo fan
04-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Wade called Chris Watson a "punt catcher." He'd call these DE's "pass watchers".

:spit: I really don't know if I love you or hate you, but you are really something special................and no, I'm not talking about those special kids, sorry!

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Wow, this is what I'm talking about. I'm just curious who's protecting Trent so he can throw to all of the great weapons we have?

Our o-line looks like crap and the "nay-sayers" are wrong. The same crap every season. We've added TO and Hangartner but lost Dockery and Peters. Somehow this is supoosed to be a good off-season. Hmmm.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Hahahaha what a joke. In fact, the exact opposite will happen. All the people who are defending this crappy FO trading away the team's best player will be eating humble pie.

Yes, Schobel is our best pass rusher, by default. He's mediocre- he's only the best because all our other pass rushers completely suck. DE is a HUGE hole for this team. McKelvin still has to prove he can be as good as Greer, Youboty's a nickel back who hasn't been able to stay healthy and we have a HUGE hole at OLB as well.

Yes, Evans should be open more but it doesn't matter because Edwards will be on his ass. One training camp for an OL to gel? Last year, everyone told me that continuity on the OL would make it better. Now, you're defending an OL in total flux and saying they can gel in one preseason, when two of the starters haven't even been named yet? Give me a ****ing break. We're going to have either rookies, back-ups or 3rd rate FA's blocking for Trent. This FO has been trying that strategy for years and it NEVER works.

9 wins is more than outrageous. This schedule is HARDER than last year, and so far the only help we've added is TO, a backup C and a backup RB, while simultaneously opening up two holes on the OL. Getting back to 7-9 will be a miracle.

Great post. Too bad people don't understand logic.This is the same board that eats humble pie after every season.

Like I said, I got just as much crap over my Schobel threads last year and nobody is coming back to say they were wrong on those.

Peters will play great in Philly and the only thing we'll have done is saved the money not paying a great player. Pat Williams and Winfield still play in the league and it was the same story with them.

ServoBillieves
04-18-2009, 08:38 PM
The nagging pessimism here has bothered me. So called fans keep bringing us down, but in all honesty? Who can blame them? This organization has taken a lot of risks this year: cut Dock/Rob, bring in T.O. trade Peters. But in the long run, who knows if these are great moves? Maybe they are awful moves. We don't know yet. Past the draft, and when we see results, that's when I'll criticize the Bills.

But now? Let's Go Buffalo.

HHURRICANE
04-18-2009, 08:48 PM
The nagging pessimism here has bothered me. So called fans keep bringing us down, but in all honesty? Who can blame them? This organization has taken a lot of risks this year: cut Dock/Rob, bring in T.O. trade Peters. But in the long run, who knows if these are great moves? Maybe they are awful moves. We don't know yet. Past the draft, and when we see results, that's when I'll criticize the Bills.

Believe it or not I'm a huge optimist in life bit I'm realistic at the same. I tried it your way only to be disppointed. The truth is that we were building an offensive line a few years back and was excited about it. People forget that at one point last year our line had allowed the fewset sacks in the league.

Now we are rebuilding a line again? Sorry, but I'm done trying to be optimistic.

OpIv37
04-18-2009, 09:01 PM

The Peters trade COULD work out in our favor, if this FO gets its' head out of its ass and makes some good draft picks. But the problem is that even good draft picks usually take a year or two to develop. So, we sacrificed whatever little shot we had at winning this year to prepare for the future.

Basically, we're rebuilding again. And it infuriates me because we've gone through this drill SO MANY TIMES already. We keep building for a future that never arrives because it keeps getting derailed by bad decisions.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2009, 10:22 PM
The Peters trade COULD work out in our favor, if this FO gets its' head out of its ass and makes some good draft picks. But the problem is that even good draft picks usually take a year or two to develop. So, we sacrificed whatever little shot we had at winning this year to prepare for the future.

Basically, we're rebuilding again. And it infuriates me because we've gone through this drill SO MANY TIMES already. We keep building for a future that never arrives because it keeps getting derailed by bad decisions.

It becomes obvious that TO is just a PR move to sell tickets and merch. There is no other reason for the team getting TO because the team isn't even going to be able to protect Trent and the defense is going to be garbage. Originally, I naively thought that the Bills were getting TO to make a push for the playoffs. But there is no way the Bills will even catch a whiff of the post-season.