I will be laughing ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be laughing ....

.... when all the nay sayers, and haters have to eat humble pie.

On the defence, we will have our leading pass-rusher back, and are very likely to get him help. Considering we were ranked 14th with little pass rush from the line, we can only be better for it. McKelvin will have come along, Youboty will build on last seasons breakout and despite losing Crowell, he didn't play last year anyway.

On the offense, we will find Evans in less double coverage and a better set of targets for Edwards in Owens, Evans and Reed. Our starting TE is likely to be no worse than Royal, whilst if Edwards goes down, Fitzpatrick is a better and more reliable QB to help the team maintain momentum.

And as for protecting the QB, we will have had an entire training camp and pre-season to get the unit playing together, with no distractions, a better starting center, and whoever is at LT, they will be committed to the team and willing to play for the team, starting the season focused and in shape.

Looking at who we are playing against, 9 wins is not an outrageous prediction.
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

Re: I will be laughing ....

i like your optimism.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
      i like your optimism.
      its more attractive than constant pessimism simply because we traded a guy who didn't want to be here, and turned up only in body not mind last year.

Anyone would think that Peters was an irreplaceable Hall of Famer. He had one good season.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Can you clarify nay sayers?

We have a shot every year until we don't anymore.

Originally posted by kernowboy

On the defence, we will have our leading pass-rusher back, and are very likely to get him help. Considering we were ranked 14th with little pass rush from the line, we can only be better for it. McKelvin will have come along, Youboty will build on last seasons breakout and despite losing Crowell, he didn't play last year anyway.

On the offense, we will find Evans in less double coverage and a better set of targets for Edwards in Owens, Evans and Reed. Our starting TE is likely to be no worse than Royal, whilst if Edwards goes down, Fitzpatrick is a better and more reliable QB to help the team maintain momentum.

And as for protecting the QB, we will have had an entire training camp and pre-season to get the unit playing together, with no distractions, a better starting center, and whoever is at LT, they will be committed to the team and willing to play for the team, starting the season focused and in shape.

Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
          • Jan 2008

im with you we will go 9-7 and slip into th playoffs
          I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            • Apr 2008

i agree the Peters trade was good for the organization. let's hope we have a great draft next week.

Comment

Originally posted by acehole
              Can you clarify nay sayers?

We have a shot every year until we don't anymore.
              People are constantly negative about actions, unable even to consider both sides and cannot wait until the season starts before being all doom and gloom.

Unless we have a shocker of a draft like we had in 2005, it is likely we will get a couple of starters and some decent depth in the draft.

After the draft, teams will start cutting veterans and some may well be a great fit for the Bills.

If we start of 0-4 then have a go but until that time ....

All we are getting is constant pro-Peters and anti-Bills threads. He's left the house, gone, so they should get over it, and support our next top LT.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

People are constantly negative about actions, unable even to consider both sides and cannot wait until the season starts before being all doom and gloom.

Unless we have a shocker

this place had The Shocker until Stampy got banned.
                Last edited by SABURZFAN; 04-18-2009, 04:55 PM.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

I like it. However, 9-7 will not get us into the playoffs. unless we sweep through our division by some stroke of luck with 6 of our 9 wins against them, and the other teams in our division flop.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    this place had The Shocker until Stampy got banned.
                    Funny, I thought Whitner had The Shocker?

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                      • Feb 2005

Our "leading pass-rusher" can't hold the jock of most other pass-rushers in the league. He would be a back-up on some other teams in the league. And I don't even want to start on our other "pass-rushers," if thats even what they do. They can stop the run, but pass-rush they can not.

For the sake of us all, I hope the Bills address the issue with the 11th overall.
                      Last edited by DMBcrew36; 04-18-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

LOL, I am laughing at this now, and if they make the play-offs, I will be laughing with this later. Win win for me, thanks.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Hahahaha what a joke. In fact, the exact opposite will happen. All the people who are defending this crappy FO trading away the team's best player will be eating humble pie.

Yes, Schobel is our best pass rusher, by default. He's mediocre- he's only the best because all our other pass rushers completely suck. DE is a HUGE hole for this team. McKelvin still has to prove he can be as good as Greer, Youboty's a nickel back who hasn't been able to stay healthy and we have a HUGE hole at OLB as well.

Yes, Evans should be open more but it doesn't matter because Edwards will be on his ass. One training camp for an OL to gel? Last year, everyone told me that continuity on the OL would make it better. Now, you're defending an OL in total flux and saying they can gel in one preseason, when two of the starters haven't even been named yet? Give me a ****ing break. We're going to have either rookies, back-ups or 3rd rate FA's blocking for Trent. This FO has been trying that strategy for years and it NEVER works.

9 wins is more than outrageous. This schedule is HARDER than last year, and so far the only help we've added is TO, a backup C and a backup RB, while simultaneously opening up two holes on the OL. Getting back to 7-9 will be a miracle.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            Our "leading pass-rusher" can't hold the jock of most other pass-rushers in the league. He would be a back-up on some other teams in the league. And I don't even want to start on our other "pass-rushers," if thats even what they do. They can stop the run, but pass-rush they can not.

For the sake of us all, I hope the Bills address the issue with the 11th overall.
                            Wade called Chris Watson a "punt catcher." He'd call these DE's "pass watchers".
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Wade called Chris Watson a "punt catcher." He'd call these DE's "pass watchers".
                              I really don't know if I love you or hate you, but you are really something special................and no, I'm not talking about those special kids, sorry!
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X