PDA

View Full Version : Detroit and Cleveland Rumors

The Juice Is Loose
04-18-2009, 09:20 PM
According to PFT the Lions are now talking to Curry, and the Browns are either going to take Crabtree or Sanchez.

This is great for us. That means that Stafford and Sanchez will be picked before us, and some teams that could go for D ends or tackles are going other ways.

I have a good feeling that either a tackle or d end we haven't been expecting to have a shot at could fall in our lap like Leodis did last year.

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
So great. If my mock turns out like the real thing but with the browns getting Crab or Sanchez then we will get Orakpo.

ct bills fan
04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I think Orakpo is a no brainer if he's there. I'm afraid our front office takes Ayers though - and his 2 sacks last year. How does 2 sacks in college translate to the NFL. I think 2 sacks is what we get from Kelsay, Denney. We don't need another one of those.

Oaf
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Why would Cleveland take Sanchez? Ever?

Mitchell55
04-18-2009, 09:58 PM

Looking to trade Quinn. They should trade to a team like STL who needs a QB and WR.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 10:31 PM

Exactly...I wish people would use some common sense before posting.

Oaf
04-18-2009, 10:50 PM
So great. If my mock turns out like the real thing

Heh, and which one would that be? :snicker:

Looking to trade Quinn. They should trade to a team like STL who needs a QB and WR.

Why would they trade Quinn? It's not like Anderson did anything to prove himself last year.

The thing is with your posts, you often make very large and sometimes very broad statements but never provide any content to back it up. "Looking to", "They should", "like STL who needs". Why? Why? And WHY? And you say all this stuff like it's common knowledge and that it's actually true (HUGE assumptions).

And please take a break from the Madden.

lordofgun
04-18-2009, 10:58 PM
John Clayton and the guys on the NFL Huddle on ESPN radio were saying the Browns might look QB because they aren't sold on Quinn or Anderson. It's not that stupid.

Nighthawk
04-18-2009, 10:59 PM
John Clayton and the guys on the NFL Huddle on ESPN radio were saying the Browns might look QB because they aren't sold on Quinn or Anderson. It's not that stupid.

It will never happen unless they trade one of those guys before the draft. They will not draft another QB if Quinn and Anderson are still on the team. It's plain common sense.

Mr. Pink
04-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Browns are actively looking to move either DA or Quinn.

Crabtree makes the most sense as the pick but no way they draft Sanchez.

I don't get how them drafting Crabtree has any impact on the Bills though.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM

they're not Mangini's boys either.

Buddo
04-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I think you have to take anything that supposedly comes out of Cleveland, with a very large grain of salt. Mangini comes from the Belichek school of closed lips, and anything that may come out from the Browns atm, is very likely smokescreen.
The only other reason for either of those picks, could be to try and stir more interest in a trade for Quinn or Anderson, or Edwards.
Crabtree isn't beyond the realms of possibility for sure, value if nothing else, but sanchez there smacks of stupidity, when you still have Quinn and Anderson on the roster.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't think Cleveland will go QB. With two serviceable QB's it makes no sense at all.

However it may help us, because under this scenario Sanchez might fall to No11

1. Curry (Lions)
2. J Smith (Rams)
3. Raji (Chiefs) - they need a NT for the 3-4
4. Stafford (Seahawks) - Hasselback is not getting younger
5. Orakpo (Browns) - they need outside rushers
6. Monroe (Bengals)
7. Crabtree (Raiders)
8. Davis (Jags) - they need secondary help
9. Maybin (Packers) - a 3-4 rusher
10. Oher (49ers) - Jennings got cut

If the Broncos trade with us and grab Sanchez, I can see Everette Brown falling
11. Mark Sanchez (Broncos) - a new QB for a new regime
12. Tyson Jackson (Broncos) - a 3-4 end
13. Andre Smith (Redskins) - Runyan needs replacing
14. Jenkins (Saints) their FS
15. Matthews (Texans) LB help
16. Wells (Chargers) - they miss Michael Turner in a 1-2 ground attack
17. Maclin (Jets) - the Jets want a No1 receiver

18. Everette Brown, (Bills) swapped picks with the Broncos for Tony Scheffer.

We get our DE and TE with one pick leaving #28 and #42 for LB and OL help

Dr. Who
04-19-2009, 09:00 AM
How much would a move from eighteen to eleven typically cost? I think I'd rather have a second round pick from Denver. You should be able to get their unwanted TE for less than that.

acehole
04-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Exactly...I wish people would use some common sense before posting.

Not out of the question......and a good stratigy if you think about it.
They take up the position they want to trade. They can later trady quin to denver or anyone later in the draft for multiple picks...brady is not quite ready and anderson was extended...they have no need for quin and they can groom a new qb for anderson. Quin will net 2-3 high picks if the big 2 are off the board... namley SF, denver.