X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Jared Cook visits B-LO

Sheil Kapadia, of Philly.com, reports South Carolina TE Jared Cook said he has visited with the Buffalo Bills at an unspecified time.
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Jared Cook visits B-LO

Because he will be a Bill next season. And I love it.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Good, I love him

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
        • Mar 2004

Me too. Over Pettigrew though ???

Comment

He can't block his way out of a wet paper bag.

A number are wondering if he is a combine wonder as his performance during the season was average considering the offence he was playing in.

I want us to draft someone who delivers on the field, not in the weight room.

Another guy who has visited us is Dan Gronkowski of Maryland. He's bigger, stronger, also had a good combine, but had a breakout senior season as a receiver having primarily been considered a blocker. He had as many TDs as Cook in his senior season.

Comment

• Mitchell55
            • Feb 2008

Blocking can be taught. Natural recieving skills and athleticism cant. He has the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell55
              Blocking can be taught. Natural recieving skills and athleticism cant. He has the 2nd.
              of course receiving skills can be taught. Blocking is a mental mindset.

Cook is a post season combine wonder. He will only be an average pro and the team would be better off waiting to grab either Gresham or Rob Gronkowski in 2010.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

he is nothing more than a situational TE and honestly if you do your homework alot of scouts think he should just suck some weight and go back to reciever.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  of course receiving skills can be taught. Blocking is a mental mindset.

Cook is a post season combine wonder. He will only be an average pro and the team would be better off waiting to grab either Gresham or Rob Gronkowski in 2010.

When I said natural I mean skills to get open and his athleticism. He might of been a combine wonder but it doesnt matter, he was projected as a 2nd rounder before and after. Combine did nothing but reinforce it.

Comment

When I said natural I mean skills to get open and his athleticism. He might of been a combine wonder but it doesnt matter, he was projected as a 2nd rounder before and after. Combine did nothing but reinforce it.
                    Of course it f***ing matters !!

We need to draft someone who can properly contribute, not a luxury player. Combine wonders tend to be average pros. He did nothing at the combine that scouts didn't already suspect.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
                      Of course it f***ing matters !!

We need to draft someone who can properly contribute, not a luxury player. Combine wonders tend to be average pros. He did nothing at the combine that scouts didn't already suspect.

You said all he is is a post season combine wonder. I responded by saying the fact that he did good at the combine did nothing to reinforce where he is at.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

seriously at this point, all the Front Offices have done there homework and relize that after pettigrew (who is a late first round pick at best ) there is something wrong with all the rest of the TE prospects and the bills know that they can have scheffler for peanuts. i really think scheffler is our TE and by draft day if not before, he will be traded for and there will be no more questions over who the starting TE for the buffalo bills is for the next 5 years.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

You said all he is is a post season combine wonder. I responded by saying the fact that he did good at the combine did nothing to reinforce where he is at.
                          he did have good combine numbers but his biggest problem is that A) he is not going to go over the middle and catch a ball knowing he is going to take a monster hit (something a TE is required to do at the NFL level) B) he is not now or ever going to be a good enough blocker to even merrit a down of potential pass blocking, which means he cant even be left on the field in a running situation, or a situation that may call for an audible to from a pass to a run.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

#11 in the 2nd round would be solid.
                            Im telling everyone if Cornelius Ingram TE from Florida is available take this guy....
                            HE may be the best Te in this draft but coming off injury. He can fly, and he is a great athlete..
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                              • Sep 2002

My concern with Cook is that he may be a workout warrior ala Vernon Davis. There are too many other possibiities than to take Cook.

Comment

Working...
                              X