PDA

View Full Version : A new mock after the Peters trade

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 01:41 AM
This from Matt McGwire at Walterfootball.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Personally I think it is horrible.

R1a. Andre Smith LT - likely to be the biggest headache/bust of the draft, a Peters Mk2 for poor attitude.

R1b. Brandon Pettigrew TE - very slow at the combine and not that big. Would not be in the top 2 if Jermaine Gresham, and Rob Gronkowski had come out early. IMO we would be better drafting this position lower and then grabbing a true multi-purpose TE in the first round next year. Better if we can take a FB who can receive out of the backfield at the end of the draft

R2. Paul Kruger DE - slow, not that strong, only an average sack performance. Has Chris Kelsay clone written all over him.

The No1 Walterfootball mock containing the Peters trade changes comes out tomorrow.

I'd go DE, LB, LT in my first 3 picks.

We need a real sack merchant
We need an upgrade over Ellison
We could do with a leftsided player who can play T and G

In a deep TE class we can get a decent player R3-R5 here.

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
1st- Oher
1st- Laurenitis
Trade up into late 1st by trading our 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

Get Ayers

4th- Ingram or Beckum

SeatownBillsFan21
04-19-2009, 01:59 AM
I like him Laurenitis that is.Think hes worth the 28 heard on ESPN his stock was dropping so it may be a reach what do you guys think.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 02:00 AM
1st- Oher
1st- Laurenitis
Trade up into late 1st by trading our 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

Get Ayers

4th- Ingram or Beckum

A 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move up only a few places?

Oher is marked as a Top10 so we'd need to move up there too. Ayers only had 3.5 sacks in his senior season, Brown had 13.5 sacks ... you work out the difference.

Personally I would go:

R1. Everette Brown (who McGwire has under rated)
R1. James Laurinitas
R2. Gerald Cadogan.

Again neither Ingram and Beckum can block. We need to get a TE with some blocking ability. Edwards will already have 3 targets on the field on most plays with Evans, Owen and Reed, but will need some blocking assistance. Ingram has suffered a bad ACL injury so could tumble all the way out of the draft.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 02:02 AM
I like him Laurenitis that is.Think hes worth the 28 heard on ESPN his stock was dropping so it may be a reach what do you guys think.

He had an average combine but he is a football player. I think he can play WLB so would make a brilliant trio with Mitchell at SLB and Posluzny in the middle.

It would also allow Fewell to be clever by occasionally mix it up, by flipping him to the middle, Poz to the strongside and Mitchell to the weakside.

He is definitely good value at #28

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 02:04 AM
A 2nd, 3rd and 5th to move up only a few places?

Oher is marked as a Top10 so we'd need to move up there too. Ayers only had 3.5 sacks in his senior season, Brown had 13.5 sacks ... you work out the difference.

Personally I would go:

R1. Everette Brown (who McGwire has under rated)
R1. James Laurinitas
R2. Gerald Cadogan.

Again neither Ingram and Beckum can block. We need to get a TE with some blocking ability. Edwards will already have 3 targets on the field on most plays with Evans, Owen and Reed, but will need some blocking assistance. Ingram has suffered a bad ACL injury so could tumble all the way out of the draft.

2nd to 1st takes alot. Just moving up 6 spaces in the 1st requires a 2nd round pick and your 1st.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 02:08 AM
2nd to 1st takes alot. Just moving up 6 spaces in the 1st requires a 2nd round pick and your 1st.

So what would you use to draft Laurinitias with?

You've drafted Oher at #12, Ayers with #28 (+ #42) - three into two doesn't go

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 02:10 AM
So what would you use to draft Laurinitias with?

You've drafted Oher at #12, Ayers with #28 (+ #42) - three into two doesn't go

Oher at 11. Laurenitis at 28, and maybe trade up to 30 where Tennesse is. They dont have any huge needs and all the WRs should be gone.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM
At No30, it is still anticipated that Percy Harvin and Hakeem Nicks will be available.

Of course the Titans have needs. They've lost Haynesworth, and with Kearse and VandenBosch aging, need a DE themselves.

Why do you want a DE who cannot sack the QB? Don't we have enough of them already? Ayers is no better prospect than Chris Ellis who at least sacked the QB in his senior season.

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 02:17 AM
At No30, it is still anticipated that Percy Harvin and Hakeem Nicks will be available.

Of course the Titans have needs. They've lost Haynesworth, and with Kearse and VandenBosch aging, need a DE themselves.

Why do you want a DE who cannot sack the QB? Don't we have enough of them already? Ayers is no better prospect than Chris Ellis who at least sacked the QB in his senior season.

I said Ayers, not Tyson Jackson

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 02:20 AM
I said Ayers, not Tyson Jackson

Mitchell, do you ever look up anything for yourself, or are you a pundits wet dream only believing the hype they put out about a player?

Tyrone Jackson had 4.5 sacks in his senior season, whilst Robert Ayers had only 3.5 sacks.

Ayers only managed 18 reps which is incredibly poor - so he cannot sack and may lack the strength to play against a RT. Marvellous.

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Mitchell, do you ever look up anything for yourself, or are you a pundits wet dream only believing the hype they put out about a player?

Tyrone Jackson had 4.5 sacks in his senior season, whilst Robert Ayers had only 3.5 sacks.

Ayers only managed 18 reps which is incredibly poor - so he cannot sack and may lack the strength to play against a RT. Marvellous.

I was joking around. But yeah. He needs to get stronger and faster and then he will be a great DE in the NFL.

ParanoidAndroid
04-19-2009, 04:02 AM
I think I might have gotten talked into thinking Ayers is 1st round material. In all honesty, I don't think there is a single 4-3 DE prospect worth an early 1st round selection at all. You might be able to make a case for Michael Johnson but there are red flags with him. I think a late 1st for him is an acceptable risk.
Aaron Maybin is a 3-4 OLB if there ever was one. He will be a liability vs the run as a DE in a 4-3. Same with Brown.
Buffalo may not address DE early. My hope is that OL and DT are the targets. Get the bigs, I say!

1a. Michael Oher (If they're lucky....he's a safe pick)
1b. Michael Johnson (Boom or bust...can't ignore the physical gifts)
2. Duke Robinson (A monster....wanna run the ball? The o-line is now set)
3. Fili Moala (Depth behind Stroud and future starter...undervalued prospect)
4a. Travis Beckum (Another weapon...a better H-back prospect than even Clark or Cooley)
4b. David Bruton (Safety depth)
5. Solomom Elemimian (Strong, fast, experienced...a sleeper)
6. Dallas Reynolds (Center, but versatile enogh to back up G and RT as well)
7. Drew Willy (A great story waiting to happen...irresistable)

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 04:27 AM
There has been some talk of the Bills looking to swap #11 for the Broncos pick acquired from the Bears at #18 and getting Tony Scheffler TE as part of the deal.

For me that would be a brilliant trade and I would bite the Broncos hands off to do it. I would then do the following

#18. Everette Brown DE
A little small but has played LE, and can get to the QB with 13.5 sacks in his senior season. I would take him at #11 so 7 places lower is a bargain.

#28. James Laurinitas LB
What has been lost is the fact we have not replaced Ellison and he is the weak link. I might also look at Brian Cushing here, but I tend to prefer cold weather college players when given the choice.

#42. Gerald Cadogan LT
The only negative comment about him is that because he likes music he might not be tough enough. What rubbish. A team leader at Penn State with all the tools necessary, and could even be a top LG if Bell comes along. The two of them would be interchangeable and could lock down the lefthandside for the next 10years.

#75 William Moore S
Moore is dropping like a stone and I am taking him as my wildcard faller into our laps. With the Whitner/Simpson sideshow and Scott not getting any younger or quicker, he'd be a decent pick. I now have him behind Jenkins, Smith, Delmas, Chung and Johnson.

#110 Karl Urbik RG/T
A roadgrader to keep Butler on his toes and maybe allowing Butler to move outside when Walker's contract comes up.

#121 Dan Gronkowski TE
Even with Scheffler I am not convinced by Fine or Schoumann. As a blocker first and foremost but with nice hands, Gronkowski would definitely help in two TE sets.

#147 Vaughn Martin DT
6ft3, 313lbs and a 40 of 5.04. Yes, the Canadian is raw, but brought along behind Stroud, Williams and Johnson could easily become a Jason Ferguson, Jay Ratliff type

#183 Tony Faimmetta FB
I am not convinced by McIntyre

#220 Drew Willy QB
Someone to be a genuine 3rd QB on the roster.