PDA

View Full Version : Parrish To Pittsburgh?--Article

LifetimeBillsFan
04-19-2009, 04:19 AM
I just picked up this article by Matt Pawlikowski of the Pittsburgh Sports Examiner off of the fannation.com site:
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner

"PITTSBURGH - Could the release of Gary Russell signify something else? Like a potential draft day trade is in the works for a return man?

According to an NFL source, the Bills have been in talks about dealing wide receiver Roscoe Parrish to the Steelers....

....If there is a downside, it’s he stands just 5-foot-9, 168 pounds, not exactly the wanted size of a starting receiver in the NFL. His career average per catch is just over ten yards, but the source said Parrish could make a good No. 3 slot man if put in the right situation.
There is also one character flaw which may come into play. On Feb. 17, he was stopped in Miami and cited for DUI. It came a month prior to Browns receiver Donte Stallworth killing a pedestrian, also in Miami.

The source said the Bills are looking for a draft pick or picks for Parrish."

I'd prefer not to see Parrish traded within the conference, especially not to a team that is a Super Bowl contender. But, those are the kinds of teams that really can afford the luxury of having a specialty guy like Parrish on their roster at this point and are in a positoin to give up the most to get him.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills are able to move Parrish for a decent pick by the time the draft is over.

TonyBlack
04-19-2009, 06:03 AM
a 3rd pick and i be happy.

Coach Sal
04-19-2009, 06:28 AM
There is also one character flaw which may come into play. On Feb. 17, he was stopped in Miami and cited for DUI. It came a month prior to Browns receiver Donte Stallworth killing a pedestrian, also in Miami.

Uh.....someone needs to inform this guy Roscoe's arrest was in February of 2008! Not this year.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 09:20 AM
a 3rd pick and i be happy.

I don't think they'll get a 3rd for him...more like a 4th rounder.

Saratoga Slim
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I'd be disappointed if we moved him for less than a 3rd.

Granted, he may be a luxury player for us--we do have other dangerous return options and Roscoe doesn't contribute much as a receiver--but he's just plain fun to watch. From a football perspective it might be a good move, but from a fan perspective I'd like to keep him around.

Throne Logic
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Not that Parrish is the end-all be-all on this team. . . However, if they keep on trading capable NFL players for draft picks, they are in trouble.

This FO has already proven that drafting talent is not a strong point. I'd rather that Peters were moved for a known commodity. The same thing applies if they move Roscoe.

yordad
04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
3rd>Parrish>4th