PDA

View Full Version : Rene Robert is one smart cookie!

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
This guy knows exactly the problem with this team and I couldn't agree more. It's about time this organization started getting called out in public for their mismanagement.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/644006.html

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
The only difference between you and him these days is, well, the former right winger played on one of the famed lines in NHL history and his No. 14 hangs from the rafters at HSBC Arena.

Well, it's up there for now, anyway. :snicker:

Rene Robert is the Thurman Thomas of the Sabres. This article gave me the chills. They say that hockey fans don't know as much about hockey as the management does but Rene is the saying the same thing we've been saying for 2 years. Larry Quinn is a LAND DEVELOPER (sorry, went a litte LW there). I just might put that in my sig.

Rene Robert is my new hero...I just might change my username to Sabre14.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I wonder if Bucky is going to get a fine for this article, too :snicker:

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
The only difference between you and him these days is, well, the former right winger played on one of the famed lines in NHL history and his No. 14 hangs from the rafters at HSBC Arena.

Well, it's up there for now, anyway. :snicker:

Rene Robert is the Thurman Thomas of the Sabres. This article gave me the chills. They say that hockey fans don't know as much about hockey as the management does but Rene is the saying the same thing we've been saying for 2 years. Larry Quinn is a LAND DEVELOPER (sorry, went a litte LW there). I just might put that in my sig.

Rene Robert is my new hero...I just might change my username to Sabre14.

Like you said, we've been saying this for years! Finally, this franchise will be called out by somebody who has some name recognition. As I've said for the past few years, this organization does not know what the hell they're doing...never have.

rbochan
04-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Next season, a banner is mysteriously missing from the rafters...

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Even if I criticized this team, I have always stood behind them (what else are you going to do?), but I think I am at the end of that. This organization has become a joke and it is a crying shame. They think their **** doesn't stink and that they can do no wrong. Well, your **** does stink (along with your club) and you can do no right.

Philagape
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
It's ok to love your team and hate who's running it.

Does every U.S. citizen have to like the president to be patriotic? Same principle.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 03:34 PM
i was reading the paper on that this morning and i agree with Robert. if Golisano and Quinn are all about penny pinching, they need to get the **** out and quit cheating the fans.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I can't wait for the bull**** response that will come from Quinn the next few day :rolleyes:

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 03:51 PM
This part of the article just kills me...

Robert recalled a conversation with Quinn a few years ago like this:
Robert: "What's your background, Larry?"
Quinn: "I'm a land developer."
Robert: "Do you think I could do your job?"
Quinn: "No, I don't think you could."
Robert: "Then what makes you believe you're a hockey man?"

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
The game has passed you by old man...:laughing: this isn't the same NHL when you played with the French Connection.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
The game has passed you by old man...:laughing: this isn't the same NHL when you played with the French Connection.

and you are a ****ing idiot. You've had some really stupid posts in the past but damn, you keep one-upping yourself...This article has absoluting nothing to do with the game passing Robert by. Are you really Larry Quinn posting in the Sabres Zone?

rbochan
04-19-2009, 05:28 PM
:groan:

Philagape
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Why on earth did I take LW off ignore?? :doh:

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Why on earth did I take LW off ignore?? :doh:

For the entertainment?

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 06:15 PM
This part of the article just kills me...

Robert recalled a conversation with Quinn a few years ago like this:
Robert: "What's your background, Larry?"
Quinn: "I'm a land developer."
Robert: "Do you think I could do your job?"
Quinn: "No, I don't think you could."
Robert: "Then what makes you believe you're a hockey man?"

that's what it has come to. these guys have no more of a clue than your average hockey fan.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
that's what it has come to. these guys have no more of a clue than your average hockey fan.

And people laughed when I told them that I could do a better job of running this organization! :coocoo:

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 06:22 PM

Was Quinn an actual hockey fan at any time before he got the job? I at least watched hockey all the back to when I was in kindergarten....

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Was Quinn an actual hockey fan at any time before he got the job? I at least watched hockey all the back to when I was in kindergarten....

Yes and that's the problem...he messed with the hockey side his first time here and he's doing it again. He needs to stay on the business side of things and let the hockey department run the hockey side.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 07:19 PM
And people laughed when I told them that I could do a better job of running this organization! :coocoo:

i've said a time or two that i could pick a group of Zoners and feel that we could do a better job than the Bills FO.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 07:23 PM
i've said a time or two that i could pick a group of Zoners and feel that we could do a better job than the Bills FO.

I know, it's pretty pathetic...but it's the truth.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I've been saying the problem is much more Tommy G and especially Quinn, much more than Darcy or Lindy. Nice to see Robert agrees with me.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 10:16 PM
I've been saying the problem is much more Tommy G and especially Quinn, much more than Darcy or Lindy. Nice to see Robert agrees with me.

The game has passed you and him by :cynic:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-19-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/bios/2007/09/06/jim_kelley_bio_150.jpg

Jim Kelley Hall of Fame Hockey writer and ex Buffalo News :hockey: writer (better than ****y Gleason) on News Channel 7 tonight Sports Final

Kelley says he read the article about Rene Robert this morning he says that it was all bunk. You don't see Perreault or Martin attacking Golisano and Quinn do you? No!. Perreault was the one that made the French Connection gel as great as they were Martin and Robert were setup play guys for Perreault, Robert has had a thing for the Sabres ever since Bowman traded him to Colorado Rockies in 79 for Van Boxmeer (yes there was a hockey team called the Rockies) and if Ryan Miller didn't get injured we wouldn't be talking about this because the Sabres would've probably been in sixth place and be in the playoffs.

on the retaining of Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier and Unrestricted Free Agency

on the retaining of Lindy Ruff and Darcy Regier he says that he's fine with it and again if Miller didn't get injured we wouldn't be talking about it. if the Sabres fired Lindy that Minnesota was ready to sign him to a long term contract as Wild coach Jacques Lemaire stepped down as their head coach just last week. and Lindy would've been re-united with his teammate Mike Ramsey. Mike was assistant coach when Lindy was named coach back in 97 and he runs a hockey shop up in Minnesota. Also he thinks that Lindy will do a good job coaching team :canada:

on unrestricted free agency

says that NHL teams don't know what they're going to do because the NHL hasn't come out with a certain salary cap number yet but the cap will be lower than it was this year because of the economy.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Thank GOD for the red font.

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Thank you for the hockey lesson

(yes there was a hockey team called the Rockies)

I was actually alive when the Rockies were around.

SabreEleven
04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
if Ryan Miller didn't get injured we wouldn't be talking about this because the Sabres would've probably been in sixth place and be in the playoffs.

Thank GOD Brodeur didn't get injured for a majority of the games or the Devils wouldn't have made the playo....oh wait...

I don't buy that the Sabres missed the playoffs because Miller got injured. Lalime didn't not let in 7 or 8 goals when he was out. It was the players in front of them. Stop blaming the Miller injury.

SabreEleven
04-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Jim Kelley Hall of Fame Hockey writer and ex Buffalo News writer on News Channel 7 tonight Sports Final (better than ****y Gleason)

I have one more question. Did Jim Kelley disagree with what Robert had to say?

ZacGriffi~82
04-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't care what Robert's motives are, because his words are facts regardless.

rbochan
04-20-2009, 07:09 AM
...I don't buy that the Sabres missed the playoffs because Miller got injured. Lalime didn't not let in 7 or 8 goals when he was out. It was the players in front of them. Stop blaming the Miller injury.

Exactly. When the team's getting outshot 40-14, and losing 2-0, it's not the goalie's fault.

Nighthawk
04-20-2009, 09:26 PM
LW might be the most ignorant poster on this board...and that is saying something.

chernobylwraiths
04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the hockey lesson

(yes there was a hockey team called the Rockies)

I was actually alive when the Rockies were around.

I thought it was a baseball team?

Dude
04-21-2009, 12:03 PM
LOSman WINS should be fined $1000 for his posts.

SabreEleven
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I thought it was a baseball team?

Are you 12?

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
He is older than I am, but I remember the Colorado Rockies.

Here Cher, this might help you a little bit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Devils

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
If you didn't know the sarcasm in my post, I apologize.

I also remember watching the Sabres play the California Golden Seals, the Kansas City Scouts and the Cleveland Barons. I miss the Minnesota North Stars, Quebec Nordics, Winnipeg Jets, Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Flames, and the Mighty Ducks. :D

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2009, 09:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Barons_(NHL)

Thanks for the link Doc. Here's another one. I knew some of the teams were actually the same, but not to the extent that they were.

SabreEleven
04-22-2009, 11:38 AM
If you didn't know the sarcasm in my post, I apologize.

I also remember watching the Sabres play the California Golden Seals, the Kansas City Scouts and the Cleveland Barons. I miss the Minnesota North Stars, Quebec Nordics, Winnipeg Jets, Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Flames, and the Mighty Ducks. :D

You don't have to prove your hockey knowledge to us, LosmanWins Jr.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM

LosmanWins Sr.

Cher is old.

SabreEleven
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
LosmanWins Sr.

Cher is old.

A lot older...

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
A really lot older!

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM

Damn, I didn't even randomly bold or color anything either.