PDA

View Full Version : The Front Office

bob86
04-19-2009, 09:53 AM
I personally think trading Peters without a quality replacement is a huge mistake that will only become more painful to the fans and to Edwards as the season unfolds. I won’t go into the obvious reasons why the trade is bad, others have already done that better than I could. Nor will I respond to the pro-trade arguments, many of which I admit have some merit.

No what I find interesting--and telling--is the almost complete silence and lack of public comment by Bills management on the trade. Unlike Philly’s numerous public statements by its coaches, Front Office personnel and players, the Bills Front Office has been almost quiet.

Aside from one pro forma press release —which blames Peters “unreasonable demands”—there has been no comment from the Front Office. Leaving aside the fact it took perennial powerhouse Philly all of one day to gladly meet Peters “unreasonable demands,” why has the Front Office been so meek in defending their decision.

Indeed, even the one press release does not have a single quote from the Bills Head Coach or GM. The release is filled with assertions but no one is cited who was willing to but their name behind any of them. I have also looked in the press and I can’t find Jauron or Brandon quoted anywhere on the trade. If this major trade was really in the best interests of the Bills and was a good deal, Jauron or Brandon should be out-front fearlessly telling the fans why, just as Philly’s Front Office did in getting Peters.

I know the excuse that Jauron or Brandon are busy getting ready for the draft, but how long does it take to give a one line quote to the Bills internal PR Department.

It seems to me that if you’re going to do a Peters type trade, you have to man-up and take ownership of it in your name. From all appearances, Jauron or Brandon are acting like they don’t want to get blamed for the trade if – and when – it goes bad. This is hardly the bold and assertive leadership the Bills so desperately need. If you want to be Head Coach and GM, you have to act accordingly. Hiding until the whole thing blows over is not how a true Head Coach and GM acts.

Peters is gone so there is no sense arguing about him anymore, but the trade has shown us that he was not the only turd in the clubhouse.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
When your GM two days before the trade is saying that they "want to keep him" how do you spin that?

Reid said yesterday that Peters is "the best LT in the league". Not usually what you say when you don't believe it.

The Bills pay at the minimum of the salary cap and don't carry it over. Our owner ranks in the the top ten every year for net income from the team. I have a financial background and a little better experience than our current GM.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it's about the money. The fans here refuse to believe it even thoughts the facts are plain and simple.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
The team knew Peters would be an arrogant, greedy, unprofessional distraction. They knew there are at least 8 tackles in the draft on Day1 who can start from Day1 and if necessary Walker can start there.

Andy Reid also said Winston 'turnstyle' Justice was an excellent OT. Reid is of course going to say Peters is the best LT, but why were only the Eagles and Giants interested?

Probably because he's a greedy, lazy, unprofessional slob who is a 'me' first player and a cancer on any roster.

TonyBlack
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
i jus believe peters wanted out he really didnt wanna be here like for ex. cutler, take what its worth...

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
i jus believe peters wanted out he really didnt wanna be here like for ex. cutler, take what its worth...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The Bills wanted to pay him 8 million and Peters wanted and got 10 million.

If somebody said you could make an extra 2 million a year would you pass on that?

This is the same guy who picked the Bills and was upset that we gave up a home game. He's also said last year when he finally came in that "he wanted to play in Buffalo".

Trying to find where he ever said he didn't want to play here. Find the quote!! there are planty for Boldin and other players. None from Peters.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about. The Bills wanted to pay him 8 million and Peters wanted and got 10 million.

If somebody said you could make an extra 2 million a year would you pass on that?

This is the same guy who picked the Bills and was upset that we gave up a home game. He's also said last year when he finally came in that "he wanted to play in Buffalo".

Trying to find where he ever said he didn't want to play here. Find the quote!! there are planty for Boldin and other players. None from Peters.

He got 13.5 million a year...a lot different then 10 million.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 10:36 AM
If Peters had really wanted to play in Buffalo like Bruce Smith did, he'd have bothered to keep his lazy greedy ass in shape whilst boycotting training camp and preseason.

His words are cheap, his actions speak volumes.

mayotm
04-19-2009, 01:37 PM
When your GM two days before the trade is saying that they "want to keep him" how do you spin that?

Reid said yesterday that Peters is "the best LT in the league". Not usually what you say when you don't believe it.

The Bills pay at the minimum of the salary cap and don't carry it over. Our owner ranks in the the top ten every year for net income from the team. I have a financial background and a little better experience than our current GM.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it's about the money. The fans here refuse to believe it even thoughts the facts are plain and simple.But does it take a "Road" scholar as you so eloquently stated in a post last year.