PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation of Peters

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 12:02 PM
This is from the Buffalo Bills website message board. I don't know if there are rules against posting it here, but I'll take a chance and assume not, since it's the official team MB.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=127203

What's interesting is that the thread starter seems to be defending Peters, yet charges him with 6 sacks right off the bat. Then in another 8 sacks, it's "questionable" that he allows them. I agree with the posters who say that 10.5 is a reasonable/conservative estimate at the number of sacks he surrendered. And that my friends, is not a good number.

colin
04-19-2009, 12:54 PM
the two sack that happened in miami (one the poster says peters blocked for a long time, the other he says is worth half a sack because dock should have stepped up) WERE AGAINST A 3 MAN RUSH!! that means they drop 8, so the qb can't just throw the ball quickly, longer change of direction routes will get open against 8 men.

in both of those cases porter ripped fat ass peters a new one.

that's just revolting. one on one OR DOUBLE TEAMING an outside LB against a division rival, and both times mr 10 million a year gives up a sack to a 3 man rush. the first one he blocked for just under 3 seconds, but had help on the inside and fell on his fat FUPA. the second one he went a mile wide on a friggen 3 man rush in the end zone.

he is outstanding on plenty of plays, but effing up that badly is sickening.

methos4ever
04-19-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/

Peters' own words. Enjoy.....

Peters also seemed to admit that maybe he didn’t give 100 percent on every play last year because he wasn’t happy with his contract.

“I was thinking about it sometimes,” he said. “If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

colin
04-19-2009, 01:05 PM
peters is a fat lazy ****** whore, and he quit on the team.

i hope he gets us our best pick possible and then dies of aids.

also -- i looked at all of his sacks on that great post by that guy on the bills board -- ALL OF HIS TERRIBLE F UPS RESULTED IN FUMBLES!!

just like a few good runs by a RB does not offset a fumble, peters good blocks in no way offset his horrible horrible mistakes.

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
And he gave-up those 10.5 (could say 11.5, which is what has been reported everywhere else) in just 13 games. For "the best LT in the game," or even a starting LT period, that's pathetic.

Personally I think that his groin injury in 2007 damaged him. And then he got injured again at the end of last season, and still wasn't healthy-enough to play in the Pro Bowl a month and a half later (and remember, he plays to get to Hawaii!). The Bills were right to trade him because there are a ton of red flags, and his comments in the Philly PC just add more.