PDA

View Full Version : Peters Didn’t Know He Gave Up 11.5 Sacks Last Year

feldspar
04-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Well, now we know why former Bills tackle Jason Peters thought he was worth $10 million per year despite giving up 11.5 sack last season.

He didn’t know he gave up 11.5 sacks last season.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard that stat,” Peters said Sunday during his first press conference as a member of the Eagles. “I don’t recall giving up that many.

“If they charged me with that many, so what?” Peters said. “I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100 percent on every play.”

Of course, that thinking could apply to anyone who is paid $10 million per year to play left tackle at the NFL level.

Hell, even I could use it. Let’s give it a try.

“If I give up [insert total number of offensive snaps for the season] sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100 percent on every play.”

Yep. It works. Where’s my bonus check?

Peters also seemed to admit that maybe he didn’t give 100 percent on every play last year because he wasn’t happy with his contract.

“I was thinking about it sometimes,” he said. “If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year but later on in the year it wasn’t a big deal.”

So, Philly fans, if Peters ends up being not very good at left tackle, remember this as the moment when you first wondered whether it was a good idea to trade for him.

He probably doesn't know that he's stupid, either.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/#comments

feldspar
04-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I love this part:

“If they charged me with that many, so what?” Peters said. “I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human."

SO WHAT?????????

He's only human, but he's also ranked dead last among Left Tackles for sacks given up.

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
As a so-called professional I would be ashamed if I was confronted with that pathetic stat

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
as long as we fill the LT hole with someone good, I'll be fine with him being gone. Hes a greedy POS

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
:rofl: This just can't possibly sit well with Eagles fans as a first impreesion.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 01:38 PM
The more you learn about this guy, the more it seems like this guy is just a headache.

Michael82
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
This quote just annoys the hell out of me....

If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract. It doesn’t affect me that much.

I bet the Philly fans will eat this overrated douchebag alive!

SabreEleven
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I guess Jason doesn't own a computer. Probably couldn't afford one with the lousy $3 million he was making a year...Poor, Poor, Jason.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
This quote just annoys the hell out of me....

I bet the Philly fans will eat this overrated douchebag alive!
That quote doesn't even make any sense, that dumbass.

The Spaz
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Of course he doesn't remember. I'm betting the reason why he gave up a few sacks was because he had a moment where he was trying to remember if he put underwear on in the morning.

Mahdi
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
If that is really true,,, how could the Bills not use that stat in negotiations?

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
If that is really true,,, how could the Bills not use that stat in negotiations?

How do you know they didn't?

Mahdi
04-19-2009, 02:07 PM
How do you know they didn't?
Thats why I said IF its true that Peters really didnt know that stat.

Jeff1220
04-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm sure he's heard that stat. Saying he hasn't is just a blow-off tactic. I'm starting to come around on this trade after hearing this. He's not a very professional player if this is how he plays.
The proper thing to say in your first pc with a new team:

Reporter: Jason, what do you have to say to fans concerned that you gave up the most sacks by a LT last year, and did so in limited playing time?
JP: The most sacks? Where to you get that figure?
Reporter: Yes, you gave up 11.5 sacks last year according to (source), the most in the league.
JP: Gosh, I really don't think I had that many. Even though I was somewhat distracted by the contract situation in Buffalo, I gave my all to protect my QB there and I can assure you that I will give 100% every play to protect my QB in Philly.

DynaPaul
04-19-2009, 07:25 PM
The sad thing is that Philly might make him the highest paid LT in the league.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 07:30 PM
didn't he score like a 6 in the Wunderlich or whatever that test is? he could be telling the truth.

Romes
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
:rofl:

He's only human....but he is a human who's paid millions of dollars not to give up sacks.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Good riddence to that ****ing dumb**** I say. Fat ****.

FlyingDutchman
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
check out eagles fans reactions

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/#comments

The Spaz
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IB-f6fNXafU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IB-f6fNXafU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yordad
04-19-2009, 10:51 PM
check out eagles fans reactions

It’s worse than you make it sound Florio. He gave up 11.5 sacks in THIRTEEN games (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/#). He did NOT play the WHOLE season. Plus, no team in the AFC East has as dominant of a pass rusher as Haynesworth, Umenyiora, Tuck, and Ware. Looks like a bunch of D-linemen from the NFC East can pencil in the Pro Bowl early this year. Good thing Philly picked up a quality FB. He’s going to be spending a lot of time covering Peters’ ass by picking up the guys that blow by him. On the upside, McNabb will probably having his greatest season rushing - it just won’t be by choice.

clumping platelets
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM
The more I learn about Peters, the more I'm convinced that he was manipulated by his new agent. New agent doesn't get paid until new agent negotiates a new contract

psubills62
04-19-2009, 11:20 PM
<OBJECT height=344 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IB-f6fNXafU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></OBJECT></P>
But that has to blamed on Dockery...right? Because he sucked and all.

Peters' quick feet looked like they followed a slow brain on that play.

Dujek
04-20-2009, 03:21 AM
3 things have become obvious over the past few days:

1. Peters is dumb
2. Peters didn't want to play in Buffalo
3. Given 1 and 2 the front office did what they had to do in trading him.

don137
04-20-2009, 06:54 AM
3 things have become obvious over the past few days:

1. Peters is dumb
2. Peters didn't want to play in Buffalo
3. Given 1 and 2 the front office did what they had to do in trading him.

Agreed, I will also throw in the fact that he doesn't seem to be overly competitive. To shrug off and not care about giving up so many sacks indicates he does not seem to care. Most athletes would be ticked off giving up so many sacks. He seems more concerned about the money now.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Peters is gone. He's dead to me.