PDA

View Full Version : Peters is a liar

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4081412&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

He was surprised he was traded?
The contract wasnt a big deal?

kernowboy
04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Totally.

Why did he sit out of all last training camp and pre-season for then?

BillsWin
04-19-2009, 03:15 PM
This thread should be labeled: "Peters is a fat load."

although both are true.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Yea, well he's happy and most Bills fans are happy. So, i guess thats it. Focus on finding a replacement

Dr. Pepper
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
whatever at least he didnt bash Buffalo or the Bills. that's more than i expected.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
I think he's shocked that he couldn't 10 million a year in Buffalo.

Sorry but he's not a liar. Find one place where he said he wanted to be traded or didn't want to play here. Usually when a player doesn't think he can get the deal he wants that what he does. He never did that.

His agent got him the deal he wanted and it wasn't 11.5 million a year like people were reporting so who's the liar?

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Sorry but he's not a liar. Find one place where he said he wanted to be traded or didn't want to play here. Usually when a player doesn't think he can get the deal he wants that what he does. He never did that.

His agent got him the deal he wanted and it wasn't 11.5 million a year like people were reporting so who's the liar?

Look, I dont care if he wanted 800 million...
He was worth about 6 million a year in my book....
He was always getting beat around the outside, ALWAYS

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=D49BC60CCD187E99&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=2ED35568139127EB&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=C8A516E791EBD241&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=22530D60E7E3CB55&ctx=myclips&type=image

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 03:29 PM

1 person said that and thats the only guy you believe. STFU man

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't say Peters is a liar. Dumb as rocks yes, which would explain him not knowing about the 11.5 sacks.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Look, I dont care if he wanted 800 million...
He was worth about 6 million a year in my book....
He was always getting beat around the outside, ALWAYS

He had a tough season in 2008, not because he wasn't in shape, but because he missed camp, pre-season, etc.

I'd rather overpay for the guy because he was still better than what we have now. I hate this logic because the Bills never have cap issues and never spend the money they are saving on players like this anyway. So why let him walk? because it saves Ralph money? Is he your father?

It's not like they got rid of him so they could sign some other stud.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:34 PM
He had a tough season in 2008, not because he wasn't in shape, but because he missed camp, pre-season, etc.

I'd rather overpay for the guy because he was still better than what we have now. I hate this logic because the Bills never have cap issues and never spend the money they are saving on players like this anyway. So why let him walk? because it saves Ralph money? Is he your father?

It's not like they got rid of him so they could sign some other stud.

We could paid someone half his contract that would have performed better than him

BillsWin
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM
http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=D49BC60CCD187E99&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=2ED35568139127EB&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=C8A516E791EBD241&ctx=myclips&type=image

http://replay-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=22530D60E7E3CB55&ctx=myclips&type=image

fat sack of ****!

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 03:49 PM
We could paid someone half his contract that would have performed better than him

Okay when is he showing up? 5 million a year is what we pay Walker.

I'm excited which guy is he? That's a good deal for us.

streetkings01
04-19-2009, 03:52 PM

It's not like they got rid of him so they could sign some other stud.You dont overpay for a guy just because he's better than what you have now......you only overpay for guys that you cant win without.......we can go 7-9 with or without Peters.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Walker outplayed JP X 3 last year

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 03:58 PM

Walker can't play RT and LT at the same time. Who's the guy you are bringing in. LTs don't grow on trees so who is he?

Michael82
04-19-2009, 04:09 PM

How do you know that he wasn't asking the Bills and only the Bills for $11.5? I don't give a **** what anyone says. It's obvious in my mind that he didn't want to be here and might have even taken less with Philly than he asked for, here.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/Eben-Britton.php

Oldbillsfan
04-19-2009, 04:11 PM
That's right Peters! Don't **** with the bills!

The Juice Is Loose
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
LT - Walker
LG - TBD
C - Hangartner
RG - Butler
RT - Chambers

It could be worse. It'll be just as good as Peters. Obviously, from the 4 replays above, Peters was as directly responsible for 3 or 4 turnovers as a tackle can be.

He got ate alive by Chris Long in, what? His 4th game?

Wow. I knew I remembered him playing bad, but geeze, that pretty much sums it up IMO.

The difference between this year and last is that when we check it down on a quick pass in 09 TO will take it to the house. Woot woot!

Dying_-2-_Live
04-19-2009, 04:16 PM
LT - Walker
LG - TBD
C - Hangartner
RG - Butler
RT - Chambers

It could be worse. It'll be just as good as Peters. Obviously, from the 4 replays above, Peters was as directly responsible for 3 or 4 turnovers as a tackle can be.

Wow. I knew I remembered him playing bad, but geeze, that pretty much sums it up IMO.

The difference between this year and last is that when we check it down on a quick pass in 09 TO will take it to the house. Woot woot!
One can only hope ;P

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 04:21 PM
LT - Walker
LG - TBD
C - Hangartner
RG - Butler
RT - Chambers

Why do I have to torture myself reading these posts. Yeah, TO is winning us a Superbowl behind that line. okay.

Typ0
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
if he would have showed up last year and had a good season it would have warranted that long term contract. As it was it didn't. You pay a guy top $$$ long term in hopes that he will outperform the value of the contract as the years go on. The right choice was made in this situation.

Mitchell55
04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
LT- Walker
LG- TBD
C- Hangartner
RG- McKinney
RT- Butler

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
LT- Walker
LG- TBD
C- Hangartner
RG- McKinney
RT- Butler

Whip cream on ****.

No matter how you spin it, mix it, slice it, dice it, it still looks like ****.

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 05:02 PM

For the millionth time...he got 13.5 million on average of new money. Stop twisting the facts to make yourself feel better.

Tatonka
04-19-2009, 05:26 PM

are you still here? thought you were leaving?

Tatonka
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Whip cream on ****.

No matter how you spin it, mix it, slice it, dice it, it still looks like ****.

so dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.. you said you were done with the bills.. please dont be a lying ass like peters.

Mr. Pink
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
HH...

Answer me this...

We went 7-9 in 2007 with probowl form Peters...then 7-9 in 2008 with arguably worst LT in the league Peters..

What does Jason Peters really add to this team?

How hard is it to really replace the worst production in the league at the position?

A team doesn't need to have an alleged "stud" LT to win games...look at Arizona for example. Kurt Warner didn't have that great of a line and did fine.

We have an average NFL line, just like half of the rest of the league.

Nothing more, nothing less.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 05:58 PM
For the millionth time...he got 13.5 million on average of new money. Stop twisting the facts to make yourself feel better.

Are you really this thick? Really?

He got 60 million over 6 years. If they pay him all 60 million in the first year that doesn't mean it's a 60 million a year contract.

Talk about making yourself feel good?

Are we supposed to ignore 2 years of the contract? On top of that only 24 million of it is guaranteed.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
HH...

Answer me this...

We went 7-9 in 2007 with probowl form Peters...then 7-9 in 2008 with arguably worst LT in the league Peters..

How hard is it to really replace the worst production in the league at the position?

A team doesn't need to have an alleged "stud" LT to win games...look at Arizona for example. Kurt Warner didn't have that great of a line and did fine.

Tell you what. let's just wait til the end of the 2009 season. let's see who has the balls to admit that 10 million a year would've been a good deal to keep him after the fact.

Just like Schobel all over again.

SABURZFAN
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM

he wasn't the only JP who was outplayed last year. :chug:

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Are you really this thick? Really?

He got 60 million over 6 years. If they pay him all 60 million in the first year that doesn't mean it's a 60 million a year contract.

Talk about making yourself feel good?

Are we supposed to ignore 2 years of the contract? On top of that only 24 million of it is guaranteed.

4 yrs 53 million...umm, that is the new contract...with just under 25 million. Those are the facts.

Hamilton Billsfan
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
That must have been one press conference full of win!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/

Well, now we know why former Bills tackle Jason Peters thought he was worth $10 million per year despite giving up 11.5 sack last season.

He didn’t know he gave up 11.5 sacks last season.

“That’s the first time I’ve heard that stat,” Peters said Sunday during his first press conference as a member of the Eagles. “I don’t recall giving up that many.

and...

“If they charged me with that many, so what?” Peters said. “I’m an Eagle now. If I give up 11.5 sacks, I’m only human. I’m going to give 100 percent on every play.”

Now I'm glad he's in Philly and not here!:tongue2:

Nighthawk
04-19-2009, 06:21 PM
His true colors really shined through during the press conference.

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 07:02 PM
HH...

Answer me this...

Regarding Arizona, their LT was Mike Gandy...the guy who Peters replaced. And who can name the Steelers' starting LT?

The Bills should keep the right side intact, with Walker at RT and Butler at LT. Hangarter will obviously play center and be a major upgrade from Preston/Fowler. So the line is 3/5 set and improved over last year. At LG, McKinney, while no world beater, will still be better than Dockery. So that position should be upgraded, although the Bills shouldn't try and find someone better. Now at LT, they should have Chambers and Bell compete for the starting spot. Chambers showed he could play at LT, and will be the fallback (and the fallback after that is Walker at LT) should Bell not win the starting job. And with the way Peters played last year, I can't imagine Bell being any worse, while at least I know he'll care about his performance, despite the pittance he's making.

Tatonka
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Tell you what. let's just wait til the end of the 2009 season. let's see who has the balls to admit that 10 million a year would've been a good deal to keep him after the fact.

um.. i thought you were peacing the **** out.. so keep your promise and bounce.. who cares what happens in 2009... you wont be here at the end to see who has balls or not.. have some balls and leave like you promised.

Mr. Pink
04-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Of course, no one has a "realistic" reasoning as to why this move hurts so much. It's just based on the media frenzy and fan love for a guy who in fact is a. overrated, b. easily replaced, c. a headache and a half.

Give me some real examples and proof how this team is any worse on the field without Peters.

You can't, because they don't exist.

You, and others - don't want to single you out specifically, have bought into the hype machine that Peters is a top flight LT in this tackle. Even though all evidence completely contradicts this.

But, hey, he wore the colors so he must have been great, right?

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Of course, no one has a "realistic" reasoning as to why this move hurts so much. It's just based on the media frenzy and fan love for a guy who in fact is a. overrated, b. easily replaced, c. a headache and a half.

Give me some real examples and proof how this team is any worse on the field without Peters.

You, and others - don't want to single you out specifically, have bought into the hype machine that Peters is a top flight LT in this tackle. Even though all evidence completely contradicts this.

No, it's more like now that he's gone, he was great. And just another reason to *****, about how badly he'll be missed, after a subpar season last year.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM

Really? I have to prove why a two time pro-bowler at LT leaves and doesn't make our line weaker in the process?

The guy had one bad year. One.

Last year when he sat out until the beginning of the season. Are people dillusional around here. Do you really think after one tough season he's going to suck for thes rest of his career?

Mr. Pink
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Really? I have to prove why a two time pro-bowler at LT leaves and doesn't make our line weaker in the process?

The guy had one bad year. One.

Last year when he sat out until the beginning of the season. Are people dillusional around here. Do you really think after one tough season he's going to suck for thes rest of his career?

And the guy had one good year. One.

So which is he? The probowler or the hype machine?

We went 7-9 with the probowler and 7-9 with the hype machine.

So what does Peters really add? Nothing.

We woulda been 7-9 last year with anyone else at LT last year too.

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
And the guy had one good year. One.

So which is he? The probowler or the hype machine?

We went 7-9 with the probowler and 7-9 with the hype machine.

So what does Peters really add? Nothing.

We woulda been 7-9 last year with anyone else at LT last year too.

Dude, did he suck in 2006 at RT? Did he suck in 2005? He's excelled in everything we've given him. He was a monster on special teams his first year and even caught a TD pass as a TE.

The NFL experts and coaches that watched his film don't think he sucks. I'll take their advice over yours.

Mr. Pink
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Dude, did he suck in 2006 at RT? Did he suck in 2005? He's excelled in everything we've given him. He was a monster on special teams his first year and even caught a TD pass as a TE.

The NFL experts and coaches that watched his film don't think he sucks. I'll take their advice over yours.

The NFL experts are no different than you and me...outside of the fact, they get paid for their opinions.

And what coaches think he's awesome? Outside of Andy Reid, who's now inherited him.

You saw his play last year...do you honestly believe he didn't suck last year?

HHURRICANE
04-19-2009, 08:49 PM
The NFL experts are no different than you and me...outside of the fact, they get paid for their opinions.

And what coaches think he's awesome? Outside of Andy Reid, who's now inherited him.

You saw his play last year...do you honestly believe he didn't suck last year?

I could easily make a highlight reel of where he was taking on two guys at once many times through the season or just wasted guys on running plays.

Last year he struggled and you could see where he was frustreted with himself. This guy isn't some lazy shmo.

Did he have an all pro-season? No. Do I believe with camp and a pre-season in 2009 that he'll be the best LT in the league? Yes. I have 4 out 5 years to base his performance on.

Mr. Pink
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I could easily make a highlight reel of where he was taking on two guys at once many times through the season or just wasted guys on running plays.

Last year he struggled and you could see where he was frustreted with himself. This guy isn't some lazy shmo.

Did he have an all pro-season? No. Do I believe with camp and a pre-season in 2009 that he'll be the best LT in the league? Yes. I have 4 out 5 years to base his performance on.

Considering at LT you actually only have 1 of 2 seasons to base this on realistically, your 4 of 5 is wrong.

The responsibilities and what one has to do as a LT as opposed to RT is completely different.

Peters excelled one year and was outright one of the worst LTs in the league the next.

Goobylal
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Peters played LT for half the season in 2006 and all of 2007 and 2008. He played well in 2006 and especially in 2008. So at best, you have 1-1/2 years out of 5 where he played well, and 1 year where he played poorly. And after that 2007 season, he tore his groin, which may be the real reason his play suffered last year and may never be at the level it was in 2007.

Michael82
04-20-2009, 02:16 AM
IF Peters is the best Offensive Tackle in the NFL, why wasn't there 10 teams or more lining up to trade for him? Remember...he's only 27 and in his prime. The answer is because Jake Long, Joe Thomas and even Ryan Clady were better last year and because he's very overrated!

Dujek
04-20-2009, 03:46 AM

Walker was more consistent at LT when he played there last year than Peters was. Case closed.

Philagape
04-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Peters admittedly let his contract dispute affect his play, and thereby endanger his QB.
In my book, that deserves automatic, permanent banishment. That's worse than Billy Joe Hobert.
A scumbag cancer like that has no business being on the field wearing the uniform.

Someone should invite him to dinner with Al Capone for letting down the team.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e115/fsolomon75/untouchables.jpg

Jan Reimers
04-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Peters is dead to me.

yordad
04-20-2009, 08:12 AM

His agent got him the deal he wanted and it wasn't 11.5 million a year like people were reporting so who's the liar?Is it heavy? His jock strap, is it heavy? No, I don't really want to know.