X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

OT is a lock at 11

The pick is a lock. They traded away Peters because they like either Oher or Smith at 11. Can get him for 4.5 mil to 5 mil a year for 6 years. Both these guys could do what Peters did last year. Oher is actually so similar to Peters and a good 5 years younger that it actually makes a lot of sense. He has all the tools to become a dominant force on the left side of the line. He has to work on some aspects of his game like run blocking but he is young and can really be molded into being the best tackle in this draft.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: OT is a lock at 11

Nope...it isn't.

Comment

No it is not.

We can slide Walker over to play LT in the short term whilst Bell develops.

There are at least 8 OT prospects who can start from Day1:

J Smith
      Monroe
      Oher
      A Smith
      Beatty
      Britton
      Meredith
      Cadogan

It is far more realistic and likely we won't even draft the OT in Round1 as Cadogan is a player we have spoken to.

Whilst J Smith and Monroe will be out of reach, Andre Smith is an undisciplined slob who will be a headache we don't need, whilst Oher has pass protection uses.

It is closer to being a lock that we will take the best DE available with our first pick and a LB with our second.

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

I actually agree that it is not a lock. I think there is good depth at OT in this year's draft, and I think our 1st pick will be a DE. I think our 1st pick will either be Robert Ayers or Aaron Maybin. I think our 2nd first rounder will be a OT, maybe Britton, which is not a bad pick at all. I think we'd be best suited however to draft Unger or Mack, move Hangartner to LG, and start Mack or Unger at Center from day 1.
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

if andre smith falls to 11 ill do backflips

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

I will say it's a LOCK that we don't take a Tackle with the 11th pick, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
              If Andre Smith falls? He'd be a huge reach at #11

This is Andre Smith. He slammed his team, he turned up out of shape at the combine, he walked out of the combine, he was average at his Pro Day.

Its his only task to keep in shape to get drafted. He must be bi-polar. His selection would make the drafting of Mike Williams look like a stroke of genius. I wouldn't touch Andre Smith on Day1 let alone with our first pick.

I'd have total sympathy with HHurricane if we made such a ridiculous, pathetic and moronic selection.

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

O.K. Just watch when 11th pick comes up and the Bills take Oher. You don't trade away Peters because you think Walker is gonna replace him. You trade Peters because you know you can get a top tackle in this draft. Sorry, but it makes the most sense. You draft a guy who is gonna come in and play right away. Not a guy who is gonna play on third down. While DE is a need the Bills feel good about Schobel coming back healthy. You want this offense to do be better you got to keep Trent on his feet. You don't go and get Owens then lose your starting LT and not draft a LT with 11. The Bills had Andre Smith in for a visit. I am pretty sure they had Oher in for a visit too. I am pretty sure they are going in that direction with pick 11. Writing is on the wall. Those of you who don't see it are pretty blind/naive. Bell is gonna be on the field eventually. As the RT. Walker isn't going to be a Bill much longer. I also believe the Bills may target a OG/C with 28 as well. Depends on what they feel will be available later. Michael Oher and Alex Mack could be the Bills first two selections. I like the idea a lot. Now you have a line.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Originally posted by kid mickey
                  O.K. Just watch when 11th pick comes up and the Bills take Oher. You don't trade away Peters because you think Walker is gonna replace him. You trade Peters because you know you can get a top tackle in this draft. Sorry, but it makes the most sense. You draft a guy who is gonna come in and play right away. Not a guy who is gonna play on third down. While DE is a need the Bills feel good about Schobel coming back healthy. You want this offense to do be better you got to keep Trent on his feet. You don't go and get Owens then lose your starting LT and not draft a LT with 11. The Bills had Andre Smith in for a visit. I am pretty sure they had Oher in for a visit too. I am pretty sure they are going in that direction with pick 11. Writing is on the wall. Those of you who don't see it are pretty blind/naive. Bell is gonna be on the field eventually. As the RT. Walker isn't going to be a Bill much longer. I also believe the Bills may target a OG/C with 28 as well. Depends on what they feel will be available later. Michael Oher and Alex Mack could be the Bills first two selections. I like the idea a lot. Now you have a line.
                  They also interviewed Cadogan.

Even with Schobel back, they need pressure from the other side.

Are all the pundits who say because the OT position is so deep they don't have to go LT with the first pick wrong as well?

Oher is likely to be gone by #11 anyway as the 49ers need him to replace Jennings who was cut.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Britton is actually more of a buffalo type of player. He scored a 31 on the wonderlic and.he is a try hard all the time type of player. He would be a very nice pick at 28. But I still tend to believe that we will take a lb on at 11. And a de some where later in the first. Also I think we have a trade In the works for a good player.
                    Last edited by jimbohastle51; 04-19-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                      • Feb 2008

They said that Bell and Walker are getting the tackles

Comment

• kid mickey
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by kernowboy
                        They also interviewed Cadogan.

Even with Schobel back, they need pressure from the other side.

Are all the pundits who say because the OT position is so deep they don't have to go LT with the first pick wrong as well?

Oher is likely to be gone by #11 anyway as the 49ers need him to replace Jennings who was cut.
                        Regardless of what anybody thinks four tackles are going within the top 15 picks. My personal belief is that Monroe will be the first off the board followed by J. Smith then A. Smith then Oher. Monroe is the most polished while J. Smith and Oher have the most upside. A. Smith is the most dominating run blocker which fits more into San Frans scheme. I would be willing to bet that if there is a tackle left for the Bills to pick it will be Oher and the Bills will gladly take him because honestly all four of these guys are really effing good.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                          Britton is actually more of a buffalo type of player. He scored a 31 on the wonderlic and.he is a try hard all the time type of player. He would be a very nice pick at 28. But I still tend to believe that we will take a on at 11. And a de some where later in the first. Also I think we have a trade In the works for a good player.
                          I sneakily think it will be Cadogan. He's the high character type of guy they look for, he's got better feet and is weight room stronger than Eben, he has experienced at play at LG as well and on a line lacking leadership he has been a line leader and team captain in college. He'd be there at 42 allowing the Bills to address the pass rush and LB positions in Round 1

At the combine, Oher was one of the weakest LT in the reps.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            i'd do them with you but i don't want to end up on a gurney.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Originally posted by kid mickey
                              Regardless of what anybody thinks four tackles are going within the top 15 picks. My personal belief is that Monroe will be the first off the board followed by J. Smith then A. Smith then Oher. Monroe is the most polished while J. Smith and Oher have the most upside. A. Smith is the most dominating run blocker which fits more into San Frans scheme. I would be willing to bet that if there is a tackle left for the Bills to pick it will be Oher and the Bills will gladly take him because honestly all four of these guys are really effing good.
                              A Smith is a team breaking cancer with colossal character issues that many question even if he was to play pro-football. Why would anyone want to waste a pick on him? If we thought we had attitude problems with Peters we won't have seen anything yet.

Reading the Scout.com report, whilst Oher has a lot of potential, he is also weak for his size and has questional motivation to the point where he carries a high 'bust' risk.

I'd rather have a lower considered player who will be a solid pro without the risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X