PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Cuts

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I think it is pretty early to decide who will be a surprise cut, but I am locking this in now because I think we will draft Michael Oher. Langston Walker is my surprise cut. I believe the Bills like what they see in Demetrius Bell and may be ready to give him a shot at RT. My dream line looks like this.

Oher Mack Hangartner Butler Bell. That could potentially be one of the best young OL's in the game.

DrGraves
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
When did Mitchell59 get a second user name?

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm not Mitchell59. Just a guy who thinks this could happen.

xXSpIkes5IXx
04-19-2009, 09:15 PM
That wont happen, the organization thinks extremely highly of him, and he was our best offensive lineman last season.

Oh and we just traded Peters.

BILLSROCK1212
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
it's mitchell55's lil bro

Slim
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I would lose my mind.

yordad
04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Well ok. I'd say that would qualify as a "surprise".

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
That wont happen, the organization thinks extremely highly of him, and he was our best offensive lineman last season.

Oh and we just traded Peters.

Exactly why it would be a surprise cut.

kelly2reed4six
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
That would be a bit more of a "surprise." Cutting Walker would be a knock out punch to the head!

kelly2reed4six
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
*than* a surprise

rcd333
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
umm

no

The Spaz
04-19-2009, 09:43 PM
WTF? Why excactly would Walker be cut? This makes no ****ing sense at all.

realdealryan
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Exactly why it would be a surprise cut.

Surprise! We cut the guy who has started at LT and decided to start either a) Chambers or b) an unproven draft pick who'll probably make the same money....

Yeah this isn't Madden. And which Bills front office have you been watching? Walker shows up. Walker does his job. Looking at the deals they give the loyal guys, I expect Walker to get an extension with guaranteed money if he lines up on the left side this year and does well.

ParanoidAndroid
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Maybe we'll draft a punter and Moorman will get cut. I should start a thread about that.

FlyingDutchman
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
John Mccargo

SeatownBillsFan21
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Wont happen this is spam

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Look we don't know what is going to happen. I really like the idea of getting Bell on the field and if Michael Oher is drafted like I predict what happens to Walker if Bell does get on the field as the RT?

BillsWin
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
When did Mitchell59 get a second user name?

I believe it is Mitchell55 now... HA!

jamesiscool
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Back on topic, Ryan Lindell. He missed too many important kicks late in games last season. I could see us bringing in a udfa kicker with some potential to push him for a roster spot.

kid mickey
04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Back on topic, Ryan Lindell. He missed too many important kicks late in games last season. I could see us bringing in a udfa kicker with some potential to push him for a roster spot.

That could happen too. I actually think they should really cut him before we find out the hard way if we ever make the play-offs.

Throne Logic
04-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Look we don't know what is going to happen. I really like the idea of getting Bell on the field and if Michael Oher is drafted like I predict what happens to Walker if Bell does get on the field as the RT?

Look, the last thing you want to do is start a rookie at LT, regardless of where you draft them. You might as well draft a half-dozen QB's while you're at it to make sure you have at least one still standing come season's end.

Walker will start at LT to open the season, unless another vet comes into the picture that's a better fit.

Surprise cuts, indeed.

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 03:33 AM
You certainly would not start a rookie LT alongside a rookie LG.

That is a totally mental idea.

Night Train
04-20-2009, 04:09 AM
I think it is pretty early to decide who will be a surprise cut, but I am locking this in now because I think we will draft Michael Oher. Langston Walker is my surprise cut. I believe the Bills like what they see in Demetrius Bell and may be ready to give him a shot at RT. My dream line looks like this.

Oher Mack Hangartner Butler Bell. That could potentially be one of the best young OL's in the game.

My God. The guy has done nothing but good since he arrived here.

You are definetely here to flame the board & little else. :down:

LtFinFan66
04-20-2009, 05:17 AM
Look, the last thing you want to do is start a rookie at LT, regardless of where you draft them. You might as well draft a half-dozen QB's while you're at it to make sure you have at least one still standing come season's end.

Walker will start at LT to open the season, unless another vet comes into the picture that's a better fit.

Surprise cuts, indeed.Jake Long did ok

Ginger Vitis
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Jake Long did ok

Indeed..And so did Ryan Clady of the Broncos.. Branden Albert of the Chiefs

Jeff1220
04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Indeed..And so did Ryan Clady of the Broncos.. Branden Albert of the Chiefs

and Joe Thomas.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Surpirsie cut won't be a surprise. Kelsay is gone.

bigbub2352
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
my surprise cut is gonna be Chris Ellis, especially if we take a fe DEs in this draft

evdawg419
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why the hell would we cut the only tackle we have on the roster right now with significant starting experience. Why not cut Butler while we are at it...get a whole new line

trapezeus
04-20-2009, 11:59 AM
i love the idea of getting rid of lindell and actually being able to attempt FG over 40yrds with some degree of consistency.

User Manuel
04-20-2009, 12:10 PM

If they cut Langston Walker this year prior to the season I will streak the Bills game vs. Cleveland with BillsZone painted on my chest.

That is how sure I am it will not happen.

soapman
04-20-2009, 01:58 PM

Have you ever even watched a Bills game? LW is the best lineman we have right now.

sdbillsfan2
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
If they cut Langston Walker this year prior to the season I will streak the Bills game vs. Cleveland with BillsZone painted on my chest.

That is how sure I am it will not happen.

Dear Lord , please don't Cut Langston Walker. :pray:

BillsOwnAll
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Why would they cut him? Most surprise cuts are made at positions with alot of depth. Last time i checked our OL isnt even stable , never mind cutting a starter.

SquishDaFish
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
That makes no sense at all. It wont happen at all.

Oaf
04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Lay off the new guy, he's just got some interesting ideas. He laid out a scenario which is entirely possible (drafting Oher, Bell stepping up). There's a reason why its called a SURPRISE cut. I disagree but that's not the point.

If you really want new and quite active posters to leave the Zone, you should take off yourself.

T-Long
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Surpirsie cut won't be a surprise. Kelsay is gone.
Took the words right out of my mouth. They will try to trade him, but he will be cut...especially with taking a DE in Round 1. His contract does not equal is production

kid mickey
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your support Oaf. Somebody who saw it for what it was. Never called for Walker to get cut. Just said that it could happen if the scenario I see happening does happen.

kid mickey
04-20-2009, 08:22 PM
You certainly would not start a rookie LT alongside a rookie LG.

That is a totally mental idea.

Jets started two rookies on the line when they got Ferguson and Mangold.

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Jets started two rookies on the line when they got Ferguson and Mangold.

1. Look how well it did for them

2. LT and C tend to have a LG between them in this case Kendall then Faneca both experienced