Tim Graham Blog: Peters Did not play hard because of contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Tim Graham Blog: Peters Did not play hard because of contract

He didnt even play hard because of the contract. Hes a LT, hes the last position you want to not play hard. Trent couldve got knocked out of some of those games because JP didnt like his f-in contract. Are you now happy hes gone?

Re: Tim Graham Blog: Peters Did not play hard because of contract

The guy was scum

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

i agree he is a piece of ****.

however if this front office showed a more serious approach to winning. maybe some of these bills players attitude towards winning and trying would be much different

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I kept an open mind when watching his news conference. He did come across very poorly.

I believe he thought a Philly presser would be nothing but a welcome aboard with positive, softball questions.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Doesn't exactly say he didn't play hard. You have to read into it a tiny bit to get that.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Peters is dead to me.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Well since everyone want's to give the FO a pass I'd remind you that if the Bills offered the 8 million a year last summer he'd be here and we would be talking about improving our team instead of draft Peters replacement.

You can't pay your best player behind a Raider's castoff and Dockery and expect that there are no repercussions.

We'll see how "greedy", scummy", "fat slobby" and selfish he looks after the 2009 season ends.

I guarantee our line is going to be horrible and I bet Peters play flawlessly next year.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Regardless of how you feel about the situation this quote should piss everyone off:

Peters was asked if his contract situation affected his play last year.
                "A little bit," Peters said. "I was thinking about it sometimes. If you get beat on a play and you think about your contract ... It doesn't affect me that much. I thought about it some early in the year, but later on in the year it wasn't a big deal."
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                  i agree he is a piece of ****.

however if this front office showed a more serious approach to winning. maybe some of these bills players attitude towards winning and trying would be much different
                  Bingo. Thanks for not acting like the FO didn't have anything to do with this.

I believe Peters just wanted to b recognized as the best player on this team. I think he felt aggravated that guys likes Dockery and Walker were making more moeny and it started to take his toll on him.

Some guys are very egocentric that way. It's a respect thing. I really think that Peters contract was fair. 60 million over 6 years with only 24 being guaranteed is not an unfair contract.

I believe he was surprised that he was traded and I think it was purely about the money.

Everything I've heard on ESPN and Sirrius radio is that Bills couldn't justify the contrcat in their small market. Not that he sucked or wasn't worth the money. The Bills haven't addressed the issue publicly because they are going to look like losers unlees a miracle happens between now and the end of the draft.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

I believe Peters just wanted to b recognized as the best player on this team. I think he felt aggravated that guys likes Dockery and Walker were making more moeny and it started to take his toll on him.

Some guys are very egocentric that way. It's a respect thing. I really think that Peters contract was fair. 60 million over 6 years with only 24 being guaranteed is not an unfair contract.

I believe he was surprised that he was traded and I think it was purely about the money.

Everything I've heard on ESPN and Sirrius radio is that Bills couldn't justify the contrcat in their small market. Not that he sucked or wasn't worth the money. The Bills haven't addressed the issue publicly because they are going to look like losers unlees a miracle happens between now and the end of the draft.
                    It's still amazing, ESPN, provides you proof, and your still blind. Whether or not you agree with the trade, his quotes should make you mad. You never want a guy, that takes plays off...
                    So, if you have a co-worker that doesn't do their job, because they don't think that they get paid enough, and YOU suffer for it, are you going to defend them as well?

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Wow! I think I figured why I don't post as much as I used to anymore.... your posts remind me of Wys now, HHURRICANE and make me pissed off and want to throw my computer out my window.
                      Last edited by Michael82; 04-20-2009, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

did anyone take umbrage with Andy Reid's comments of "they left him on an island."

Does that mean that our protection schemes were different and he was asked to go one on one more, or is he saying, "their team sucks, and poor peters had to deal with that?"

If its the later, i hate andy reid.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                          did anyone take umbrage with Andy Reid's comments of "they left him on an island."

Does that mean that our protection schemes were different and he was asked to go one on one more, or is he saying, "their team sucks, and poor peters had to deal with that?"

If its the later, i hate andy reid.
                          Yeah I know god forbid Peters has to block someone one on one...lol. What a dumb comment by Reid.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            Wow! I think I figured why I don't post as much as I used to anymore.... your posts remind me of Wys now, HHURRICANE and make me pissed off and want to throw my computer out my window.
                            Truth hurts.

You've met me in person. Do I seem like a guy that doesn't want the Bills to do well? Hell, I flew in from Atlanta to watch them play and I met you.

This is about winning and getting rid of Peters does not help that happen no matter how you want to spin it.

The Bills have 7 days to show me something or you'll really hate my posts.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

No, actually. I'll really enjoy the 'ignore' feature.
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X