PDA

View Full Version : Character

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 03:52 AM
I know this was a signature theme under Levy and some of his recent selections like Whitner, Simpson and Lynch have made this laughable, but I do think that Brandon and Jauron will pay keep attention to this next weekend.

Our last two offseasons have been spoilt by the behaviour of certain individuals causing a distraction that won't happen again. I think however the suspension of Lynch is the final straw for the powers that be. We've had to spend millions signing a replacement and it is no good players saying it won't happen again. Some simply cannot help themselves.

Add to that the questionable off-season work habits and I think they will say enough is enough. I am not saying there won't be a the odd prima donna, but harking back to the days of Bruce Smith, he would ***** about money all offseason and miss training camp, but the moment the serious preparation began, he'd be there and not only that, he'd be in outstanding physical shape. He was a headache the team was happy to deal with.

I think in next weekends draft character and work ethic issues will count for a lot, and the team will avoid such players if possible. The resentment against Peters show that he had a divisive impact on team harmony and I think Jauron will realise that he overachieved with an average roster at Chicago and will try to re-engineer that sort of harmony again.

I expect players with any sort of red flag will be avoided like the plague especially as there is plenty of depth at several positions in this years draft. The team will draft players who clearly want to play football, and who have had no brushes with the law.

After all, what is the point of drafting someone who is a suspension risk?

Night Train
04-20-2009, 04:54 AM
Good post.

Having said that, the 2 OT's the Bills may have a shot at, Michael Oher & Andre Smith, fall right into that profile of questionable work ethic.

This why you do your homework and don't reach.

Dujek
04-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I don't care if they rape grannies and shoot babies, as long as they win.

Teams who have had success recently can be picky about character, but I want to see the Bills in the playoffs. **** character.

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 06:09 AM
I don't care if they rape grannies and shoot babies, as long as they win.

Teams who have had success recently can be picky about character, but I want to see the Bills in the playoffs. **** character.

Unfortunately the league is coming down on players who misbehave in any way even when they are not found guilty in the courts of law.

The might be as excellent as can be, but they are no use to the Bills if they are suspended and cannot dress for the games.

Dujek
04-20-2009, 06:11 AM
OK, I want them to have enough smarts not to get caught at whatever evil stuff they get up to in their spare time.

Fair enough?

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 06:15 AM
OK, I want them to have enough smarts not to get caught at whatever evil stuff they get up to in their spare time.

Fair enough?

If they're that smart, then they wouldn't break the law or get into trouble.

Lynch is one of the best backs in the league and this season after 3 games he will have a total of 0 yds which is simply down to him.

mybills
04-20-2009, 06:52 AM
They can be convinced that the guy has it, and still be blindsided by an incident due to the fact that the kid they picked can't seem to handle his new NFL status.

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Lynch had character questions coming out of college.

The team ignored them and now are listening to a chorus of "told you so"