PDA

View Full Version : Challenge of NFL small for DE Kruger

The Spaz
04-20-2009, 06:57 AM
For the majority of the 2009 NFL draft class adapting to the pro game will feel like a monumental challenge at times. Setbacks are common for rookies feeling their way through their first NFL season. For Utah defensive end Paul Kruger, whatever low points might come with respect to his budding football career they will pale in comparison to what the pass rusher has already been through in his young life.

As a 13-year old Kruger was in a terrible car accident leaving him without his spleen and one kidney.

“A jeep rolled over,” said Kruger succinctly. “We were four-wheeling up in the mountains. The jeep flipped, rolled over my stomach and it smashed my spleen and my kidney. So I lost both of those.”

To protect his one remaining healthy kidney Kruger wears a protective pad around his abdomen. Playing defensive end fortunately keeps him from taking shots to the back, but for the past 10 years playing football he has taken other precautions.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/challenge-of-nfl-small-for-de-kruger/13241847-6794-44e2-9f3b-21b4454a9bd6

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I rate Kruger higher than Ayers - he has a little of a Phil Hansen about him