PDA

View Full Version : I'll drink some kool aid and try to find something positive...

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Since reality is too negative around here, with a week to go before I potentially pronounce myself as a former fan, let's look at the positives:

1) The Bills recognaize that Kelsay sucks. My only wish is that they were shopping Schobel as well. This means that the Bills have every attention of addressing the DE position, I'm assuming in the draft.

2) The Bills also recognize that we suck too much to have a gimmack player on our roster that can only return punts. Sadly we will be trading a former 3rd rounder for a 4th or 5th pick. But he get's us something which is good.

3) TO is now my favorite player on this team. When this team unravels I hope to god that he calls every single owner, caoch, and player out.

4) The Bills would be smart to keep right side as Hangartner, Butler and Walker. Walker had one good game playing the horrible Seahawks. Walker got owned in Oakland at LT so I think the Bills are playing with fire I think they know this and will put someone knew at LT. A new LT could come ine and get some kudos after Peter's diappointing year and guive the team a jolt.

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 08:08 AM
1) We have started to cut away the overpaid and underperforming players.

2) Whilst many don't like it we took a positive step to end the Peters soap opera and at least got a return which will be useful in a deep draft rather than do something in a weak draft class.

3) We signed a Center whose last team wanted to keep rather than wanted to give away.

4) There seems to be a recognition of our weaknesses and a desire to address them

5) The draft could be good this year as there is depth in areas of need for us

6) We have gotten Evans help, and hopefully he'll explode into brilliance this season

7) Our RB got suspended. Huh? Well he will now either behave or be shipped out before we give him a huge contract and then discover he hasn't changed his ways. Either way its a case of addition by subtraction and we'll see the real Lynch in Week4 - someone trying 110% or sulking and out of shape.

8) We have a very good secondary.

Mahdi
04-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Since reality is too negative around here, with a week to go before I potentially pronounce myself as a former fan, let's look at the positives:

1) The Bills recognaize that Kelsay sucks. My only wish is that they were shopping Schobel as well. This means that the Bills have every attention of addressing the DE position, I'm assuming in the draft.

2) The Bills also recognize that we suck too much to have a gimmack player on our roster that can only return punts. Sadly we will be trading a former 3rd rounder for a 4th or 5th pick. But he get's us something which is good.

3) TO is now my favorite player on this team. When this team unravels I hope to god that he calls every single owner, caoch, and player out.

4) The Bills would be smart to keep right side as Hangartner, Butler and Walker. Walker had one good game playing the horrible Seahawks. Walker got owned in Oakland at LT so I think the Bills are playing with fire I think they know this and will put someone knew at LT. A new LT could come ine and get some kudos after Peter's diappointing year and guive the team a jolt.
Parrish was a second rounder.

Marvelous
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
-You H-cane, i PM'd you about xbox live.. messed up & didn't say who i was :lol:

TedMock
04-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Since reality is too negative around here, with a week to go before I potentially pronounce myself as a former fan..

This is what kills me. Are you in, or are you out? I actually agree with a lot of your negativity. This team of ours has grossly underperformed for 10 years. That goes from the owner to the waterboy. Everybody. We have been a huge disappointment and it has been frustrating to the point of insanity. I totally agree with you there. 100%, not doubt, I agree. Having said that, I'll ask again - are you in, or are you out? None of this "I'll wait to see if..." crap. Have some balls and take your stand either way, but take a stand. You are either going to be a fan and hope for the best while being pissed about the terrible decisions, play, etc, or you are going to jump ship and never come back when/if things do turn around. If you leave, you have no right to come back though. That would make you hypocritical and completely without character. However, not coming back when things turn around would also show that you have a sack and you stuck by your decision. I, and I'm sure many others, would respect that even if we disagreed with your decision. So, are you going to stick around, or bail? Yes, it is that simple.

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 09:10 AM
This is what kills me. Are you in, or are you out? I actually agree with a lot of your negativity. This team of ours has grossly underperformed for 10 years. That goes from the owner to the waterboy. Everybody. We have been a huge disappointment and it has been frustrating to the point of insanity. I totally agree with you there. 100%, not doubt, I agree. Having said that, I'll ask again - are you in, or are you out? None of this "I'll wait to see if..." crap. Have some balls and take your stand either way, but take a stand. You are either going to be a fan and hope for the best while being pissed about the terrible decisions, play, etc, or you are going to jump ship and never come back when/if things do turn around. If you leave, you have no right to come back though. That would make you hypocritical and completely without character. However, not coming back when things turn around would also show that you have a sack and you stuck by your decision. I, and I'm sure many others, would respect that even if we disagreed with your decision. So, are you going to stick around, or bail? Yes, it is that simple.

In 7 days I will let you know what I'm doing. I'm giving the FO a chance to do something big via trade and the draft.

If all we do is draft that yes, I'm done as a fan. Life is too short and I've given this team everything. In any successful realtionship there has to be give and take from both sides. Letting your best player go is moronic so unless there is some plan attached to it I'm done as a fan.

TedMock
04-20-2009, 09:43 AM
In 7 days I will let you know what I'm doing. I'm giving the FO a chance to do something big via trade and the draft.

If all we do is draft that yes, I'm done as a fan. Life is too short and I've given this team everything. In any successful realtionship there has to be give and take from both sides. Letting your best player go is moronic so unless there is some plan attached to it I'm done as a fan.

The "final straw." that's fair.

The Spaz
04-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Being a Bills fan all my life I don't understand how someone can just up and quit being a fan?!

HHURRICANE
04-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Being a Bills fan all my life I don't understand how someone can just up and quit being a fan?!

Because life is too short and when the owner is not committed to winning I don't know how I can be.

I miss alot of my families stuff on Sundays to watch the Bills play. If I can find 5 more rewarding hours than I'm going to take them. This Peters move really broke my spirit and the Bills FO has yet to have the balls to say why they made the move. 10 million a year is not unreasonable when useless Schobel gets 8 million a year. We've spent 16 million on 2 sacks.