PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Locker Room As Quiet as Lecter's Bedroom

SabreEleven
04-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Silence deafening for Sabres

Talk is usually cheap. Not in the Buffalo Sabres' dressing room. This season, talk — along with the absence of it — was costly.

The Sabres, by management's design or maybe by happenstance, are a team full of quiet guys. It runs from the low-key veterans (Teppo Numminen, Jochen Hecht and Jason Pominville) to the toned-down younger guys (Daniel Paille, Andrej Sekera and Clarke MacArthur).

One longtime announcer and former NHL player, while watching the Sabres practice in his team's arena on game day, remarked, "I've never, ever been to such a quiet morning skate. Nobody's saying anything."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/644952.html

Sounds like they were losing all year and nobody gave a crap. Rivet doesn't need to be captain next year. Let's make it Kaleta.

mchurchfie
04-20-2009, 08:09 AM
I Love this quote by Roy....
"We're a young team. We keep saying that every year," center Derek Roy said. "At some point, we're going to have to mature as individuals."

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Skeithterrorofdeath/n513364979_74748_3255.jpg

:shakeno:

SabreEleven
04-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I Love this quote by Roy....
"We're a young team. We keep saying that every year," center Derek Roy said. "At some point, we're going to have to mature as individuals."

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Skeithterrorofdeath/n513364979_74748_3255.jpg

:shakeno:

It's about time they've learned to wipe their own asses now that Drury and Briere aren't around to do it for them.

bigbub2352
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
This roster is so sad
when does Larry and Darcy hold a press conferance to tell us that we cant spend big in Free Agency and we like our roster and we like our prospects and it is time to see who is ready for the nHL blah blah blah

cant wait for the excuses Miller and Vanek both hurt is why we didnt make the playoffs

How about someone calling out Darcy about our cost cutting trade Kotalick essentially for Moore who is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th line player who we will probably re-sign and act like it is such a big deal and he will help our team blah blah blah

if you keep the *******s at the top then we will get the same roster and philopshy of players on the ICE

Sad

Michael82
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
This is very sad. It explains quite a bit, especially why the team is so boring to watch. They are basically just going thru the motions. We went from having 3 solid, vocal leaders (Drury, Briere, Campbell) to Zero! Great job, Darcy! You ****ing jackass! :mad:

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2009, 09:32 PM
This is very sad. It explains quite a bit, especially why the team is so boring to watch. They are basically just going thru the motions. We went from having 3 solid, vocal leaders (Drury, Briere, Campbell) to Zero! Great job, Darcy! You ****ing jackass! :mad:

Mike, for the umpteenth time Darcy had an agreement with Drury. Quinn and/or Tommy G never signed it. The blame goes up higher than Darcy.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Mike, for the umpteenth time Darcy had an agreement with Drury. Quinn and/or Tommy G never signed it. The blame goes up higher than Darcy.

We don't know that, we suspect it, but Darcy is the GM and has to push for these things.

I am a little concerned that assclown seems to know how quiet it is in your bedroom though.

bigbub2352
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Larry Quinn sucks bottom line

Nighthawk
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Larry Quinn sucks bottom line

This is true, but so does Regier.

SabreEleven
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
but how much of his sucking has to do with the Galisano-Quinn comedy team running the show?

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
but how much of his sucking has to do with the Galisano-Quinn comedy team running the show?

Wasn't he the GM before that particular comedy team was running the show?

SabreEleven
04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
and he was the guy who put together the team that went to 2 ECF?

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
and he was the guy who put together the team that went to 2 ECF?

But he had nothing to do with letting Briere, Drury, McKee, Dumont, etc. walk?

SabreEleven
04-26-2009, 05:53 PM
not if Gally and Quinny tied his hands.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2009, 06:52 AM
not if Gally and Quinny tied his hands.

So you take Darcy completely off the hook? Really!?

I don't disagree about Quinn and I think that TG only listens to him about team decisions since it is not his game.

SabreEleven
04-27-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd go with 63 percent Quinn/Golly vs. 37 percent Darcy...I did some studies to get those exact numbers.

SabreEleven
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
and 50 percent towards that stupid scouting by video catastrophe...

JD
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
and 50 percent towards that stupid scouting by video catastrophe...
Catastrophe? I wouldnt call it that. It's a change of times. This years team would have been a contender if it was 05/06 again. But now, the contenders are teams that throw around the body and we obviously dont do that.

Whats worse is we have a bunch more softys coming up in the minors. At least they'll play with heart :peace: