James Laurinaitis @ #28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Laurinaitis @ #28

Lost in the panic of the Peters trade, the world is caving in, the end is nigh etc etc has been lost that we are still planning to start Ellison at WLB.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Ellison and he was a nice 6th rounder but for me he is a starter in an injury crisis, not a guy you go with from the start. In defence of the Bills the free agency class was very mediocre but coming into the draft we now need to seriously address this. Which brings me to James Laurinaitis.

Point No. 1: Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis has simply been too good for too long

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...'s-Laurinaitis-

Lost in the stampede to draft a DE and LT is the need to upgrade in the LB Corps.

Laurinaitis started off at SLB, and although he has been the MLB with the Buckeyes many think he can play WLB too. Don't forget Kawika Mitchell played WLB for the first time ever for the NYG and he didn't do too badly. We could swap Mitchell back there, or start Laurinaitis there, and we'd get a huge upgrade.

The only think he needs is a nickname as spelling his name is a pain. Otherwise I would be delighted to hear:

'With the 28th pick the Buffalo Bills draft James Laurinaitis'
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: James Laurinaitis @ #28

nope don't want him...

Comment

• seanbillsfan
      • May 2007

I would love to get Clint Sintim with that pick but i would be ok with Laurinaitis.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

Poz and Laurinatis would certainly be an interesting duo.

I would like to take this opportunity to say. GO PSU!

Comment

I think Sintim is a 3-4 DE/OLB so the transition to a 4-3 OLB role would be hard for him initially.

For me Laurinaitis is more ready from Day1 to take over.

I also think that if we occasionally showed a 3-4 look he'd pair well with Posluzny in the middle with Brown and Mitchell in the DE/OLB roles getting at the QB.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

No thank you. We already have too many average, rack-up-tackles defensive players that don't do much of anything as game-changers.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
              No thank you. We already have too many average, rack-up-tackles defensive players that don't do much of anything as game-changers.
              I like Laurinitis but am inclined to agree. If he's there in the 2nd, great. But the first is a stretch I think.
              Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 04-20-2009, 11:58 AM.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                I like Laurinitis but am inclined to agree. If he's there in the 2nd, great. But the first is a stretch I think.
                Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind him too much in the second. It's just that every time I watched him, he was either getting run over or getting tackles by piling on. There were some games when he seemed absolutely invisible, and I don't think it's a good thing that as he grew older, he really started disappearing in msot big games (PSU, USC, Texas last year). I personally never saw any game-changing plays from the guy.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Clay Mathews Jr in the second!

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
                    Lost in the panic of the Peters trade, the world is caving in, the end is nigh etc etc has been lost that we are still planning to start Ellison at WLB.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Ellison and he was a nice 6th rounder but for me he is a starter in an injury crisis, not a guy you go with from the start. In defence of the Bills the free agency class was very mediocre but coming into the draft we now need to seriously address this. Which brings me to James Laurinaitis.

Point No. 1: Ohio State linebacker James Laurinaitis has simply been too good for too long

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...'s-Laurinaitis-

Lost in the stampede to draft a DE and LT is the need to upgrade in the LB Corps.

Laurinaitis started off at SLB, and although he has been the MLB with the Buckeyes many think he can play WLB too. Don't forget Kawika Mitchell played WLB for the first time ever for the NYG and he didn't do too badly. We could swap Mitchell back there, or start Laurinaitis there, and we'd get a huge upgrade.

The only think he needs is a nickname as spelling his name is a pain. Otherwise I would be delighted to hear:

'With the 28th pick the Buffalo Bills draft James Laurinaitis'
                    No thanks. OLBs are a dime a dozen. Unless its Aaron Curry there's no point burning a 1st rounder on one.

OL and DL only in the first round.

Comment

• kid mickey
                      • Apr 2009

I like Laurinaitis, problem is he is a Mike backer. I don't know if he could play Will or Sam. He is good don't get me wrong, but there are other guys like Marcus Freeman who fill the Sam(Will) spot better. I would rather go with a guy who projects to the position instead of having to move Poz outside, because Poz isn't fast enough to play outside and I don't think Laurinaitis is either.
                      Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Laurinaitis started his career at SAM but got moved to MIKE when AJ Hawk got drafted. Some feel he has the coverage skills to be the WILL backer.

Also Mitchell was signed to be the WILL backer but got shifted to SAM when Crowell went down. I think we can go with Laurinaitis at SAM, Poz at MIKE and Mitchell at WILL.

Comment

• kid mickey
                          • Apr 2009

No I don't think this is a good idea. He is not fast enough to play Will or Sam. He is a Mike backer through and through. If he is around in round two, maybe. I love how you are one of the biggest supporters of getting defense early when our biggest concerns are on offense. You are just one of those guys who I really don't respect. While you name solid players, you forget what is needed the most. Which in turn equals just how dumb your posts are.
                          Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            Laurinaitis started his career at SAM but got moved to MIKE when AJ Hawk got drafted. Some feel he has the coverage skills to be the WILL backer.

Also Mitchell was signed to be the WILL backer but got shifted to SAM when Crowell went down. I think we can go with Laurinaitis at SAM, Poz at MIKE and Mitchell at WILL.
                            Mitchell plays WILL not SAM. He played the whole season at WILL. Ellison was the SAM.

Comment

Originally posted by kid mickey
                              No I don't think this is a good idea. He is not fast enough to play Will or Sam. He is a Mike backer through and through. If he is around in round two, maybe. I love how you are one of the biggest supporters of getting defense early when our biggest concerns are on offense. You are just one of those guys who I really don't respect. While you name solid players, you forget what is needed the most. Which in turn equals just how dumb your posts are.
                              And you don't seem to realise that its defences that win games and championships.

Look at all of the recent top teams - they have had excellent defences. 14th wins you nothing.

You have too much concern about the OL. If our defence cannot get the opposition QB off the field, it is irrelevant.

Which in turn equals just how dumb your posts are :)

Comment

Working...
                              X