Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Trading for Peters might create a whole new set of problems for Philadelphia

Last year the Eagles gave big money to Asante' Samuel, and Lito Sheppard raised a stink and eventually was traded away after the season.

The year, the Eagles sank big money into an outside player for the 2nd time, and it may create a whole new layer of disgruntled players. The Eagles locked up some players to long-term deals early in their careers, and now those players are underpaid. With the signing of Peters, a couple of those players are looking for upgraded deals.

Stacy Andrews, one of their top OL, now wants a new deal. He signed a below market extension through 2014, but he is now looking for a raise.

LINK

Also, starting CB Sheldon Brown, signed through 2012, wants a new deal.

LINK

How ironic that the Eagles take on Peters and give him the contract to make him happy, only to create the same issue with a couple other players. After all, if Peters gets a new deal with multiple years left, why not anyone else?
  • The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: Trading for Peters might create a whole new set of problems for Philadelphia

Go Eagles!!
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• streetkings01
      • Jul 2006

Re: Trading for Peters might create a whole new set of problems for Philadelphia

And somehow the Eagles are so much smarter than the Bills, but both extend their young talent with 2 years left on their contracts!
      You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Lexwhat
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
        Stacy Andrews, one of their top OL, now wants a new deal. He signed a below market extension through 2014, but he is now looking for a raise.

How in the world would STACY ANDREWS be requesting a new deal? He just signed with the Eagles like a month ago, and has never played a down with them.

I think you probably mean his brother, SHAWN Andrews? That's weird too, as he only played in 2 games last year and has been going through serious emotional problems (depression).
        Last edited by Lexwhat; 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Trading for Peters might create a whole new set of problems for Philadelphia

Wouldn't that be cool !

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
            Wouldn't that be cool !
            Ironic is what I'd call it.

Comment

Working...
            X