PDA

View Full Version : potential late round steal!!

Lefty2985
04-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Seeing that some bills players are getting into trouble and we can kinda throw out the high character thing willie williams could be a late round future stud at LB for us. i do not know anything about him besides what i read at the link but he has the potential to be a late round steal. if he has grown up it could be a great pick worse case senerio we cut a 6-7th round pick. thought about it and any insight on him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-williewilliams042009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Ginger Vitis
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Bring him in as a UDFA.. I wouldn't spend a 6th or 7th rounder on him

kernowboy
04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Steal is some sort of pun, right?

kid mickey
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Kid has a lot of potential. There is still hope for him. He just has to keep his nose clean. I would wait until after the draft is over before you look at him though.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Someone will give him a shot for the rookie minimum. If he's that talented, someone will pick him up.
He may sound great now, but when these types of kids get NFL money in their hands, things change really fast.

yordad
04-20-2009, 08:02 PM
“All I want is a shot. If I get my foot in the door, I’m going to give 185 percent. I’ll do anything. I’ll help the film men set up and pack up. I’m going to put my all into it. One day, I want to be one of the greats. No matter what it takes. I just want to play. I don’t care if they tell me ‘Willie, we just want you on special teams.’ I’ll say ‘Coach, no problem. I’m going to run down like I’m running a 40 every time, until you tell me to slow down.’”
Well, that is what I like to hear.

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Well, that is what I like to hear.

And that is what they are good at.....Telling you what you want to hear.

yordad
04-20-2009, 10:02 PM
And that is what they are good at.....Telling you what you want to hear.Who are these "they" you are referring to?

ParanoidAndroid
04-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Who are these "they" you are referring to?

I suppose "they" are people who are about to make tons of money or get away with something if someone would only give them "a chance."

If someone does give him a chance, they do it regardless of what he says and then cross their fingers.

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for him turning it around and becoming successful.

yordad
04-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I suppose "they" are people who are about to make tons of money or get away with something if someone would only give them "a chance."

If someone does give him a chance, they do it regardless of what he says and then cross their fingers.

Don't get me wrong....I'm all for him turning it around and becoming successful.Sometimes you just reach that age. Sometimes it was just adolescence. I mean, after all that bad high school behavior, he only had the one pot thing since.

clumping platelets
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
UDFA type

TigerJ
04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree with Andy. He'll get a shot, probably as an UDFA. If he's finally grown up as the article suggests might be the case, he'll have to claw his way to respect and making a roster before he begins to earn some playing time. I wouldn't mind if the Bills signed him.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-20-2009, 11:20 PM
FA Maybe but not to Buffalo.

Mitchell55
04-21-2009, 12:45 AM
And that is what they are good at.....Telling you what you want to hear.

Ive never heard anyone say anything close to that though.