• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Some Roscoe news

From yahoo there are rumors that the Bills and Steelers are talking up a deal to send Parrish to Pittsburgh

I got news today that they are close to agreeing on a deal. The Bills wanted a 4th for the WR, whether they get it or not is yet to be determined. It wouldn't surprise me if Roscoe is a Steeler in a day or two.

Here is the article from Yahoo:

Last edited by BillsWin; 04-20-2009, 08:04 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Some Roscoe news

if we take less than a 4th for roscoe and dont get any player in return even if WE have to throw a pick in with him it is a let down. we cannot draft 4-5 starters on offense and expect them to all contribute day 1. we cant even expect to hit on 2 first round picks. i will be real upset if we draft a T and a G in the first or first and second and get a secondtier or reach for a DE late in the first. as it is brandon should loose his job for letting peters go for so little.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The reason the deal would be logical, is twofold. First he is a proven wide receiver, (something the team needs with the loss of Nate Washington) but of more importance is what he can do as a return man.
      He is a proven receiver??

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

I'll take a 4th. Then we will have 3 4th's and be able to make some moves.

Comment

• kid mickey
          • Apr 2009

Chris Brown said it was not likely because of cap issues on the Steeler's team.
          Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
            if we take less than a 4th for roscoe and dont get any player in return even if WE have to throw a pick in with him it is a let down. we cannot draft 4-5 starters on offense and expect them to all contribute day 1. we cant even expect to hit on 2 first round picks. i will be real upset if we draft a T and a G in the first or first and second and get a secondtier or reach for a DE late in the first. as it is brandon should loose his job for letting peters go for so little.
            well from what I have heard the Bills are adament about getting a fourth that is why it is taking so long. The phone has been ringing, trust me. Kansas City, a few unnamed teams, and Pittsburgh have called the Bills. I think the Steelers are the only team offering some room to work with, so thats why the talks between the two teams have heated up. I think Roscoe is worth a fourth. His game changing ability is well-known. while he isnt a stud WR, he may flourish with a pro bowl signal caller like Ben...
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kid mickey
              Chris Brown said it was not likely because of cap issues on the Steeler's team.
              Chris Brown isn't all knowing. I like the guy, but I saw the T.O trade before he even knew the guy was in Buffalo. No offense to Chris of course.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

A 4th? I would rather keep him.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

A) he is not a proven reciever, in fact no way can his frame hold up to a full 16 game season as a starter. B) he is a TOP return man and should be used with one of the picks we have to bring us a player, weather it be a G or a TE (no LT or DE are available that roscoe could be traded for). i have it on good word that a trade is in the works for a linemen.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

A pittsburgh 4th is basically a 5th

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                      A) he is not a proven reciever, in fact no way can his frame hold up to a full 16 game season as a starter. B) he is a TOP return man and should be used with one of the picks we have to bring us a player, weather it be a G or a TE (no LT or DE are available that roscoe could be traded for). i have it on good word that a trade is in the works for a linemen.
                      Ive been hearing the Bills were interested in something like, Roscoe and a 6th to KC for Waters.

but now it appears the Bills only have eyes for the Steelers. but you never know with these things.

I would love a proven lineman. keep me posted jimbo
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                        well from what I have heard the Bills are adament about getting a fourth that is why it is taking so long. The phone has been ringing, trust me. Kansas City, a few unnamed teams, and Pittsburgh have called the Bills. I think the Steelers are the only team offering some room to work with, so thats why the talks between the two teams have heated up. I think Roscoe is worth a fourth. His game changing ability is well-known. while he isnt a stud WR, he may flourish with a pro bowl signal caller like Ben...
                        There's a huge difference between Pittsburgh's 4th and KC's 4th. Perhaps KC is offering a 5th?

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          There's a huge difference between Pittsburgh's 4th and KC's 4th. Perhaps KC is offering a 5th?
                          That would make sense. I only know that KC likes Roscoe, but it appears Pittsburgh likes him more, and the talks have begun.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            if KC is offering anything it is a lineman to us for roscoe and they are trying to get a higher pick from us than the 4th we have to offer. they honestly probably think that we are idiots for letting peters go for peanuts and think they can bully brandon. the steelers are leverage man. the only way roscoe ends up with the steelers is if brandon once again shows he has no idea how to run a pro football team and screws up a trade for a certain lineman. the guy is a marketing genious we have been all over the papers this off season, but he isnt too handy with football desicions.

Comment

• homeslice5484
                              • Jul 2008

so were getting a 5th, cause pittsburgh drafts last in the 4th...NOT worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X