PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix and DL coach Bob Sanders

psubills62
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I know these hirings were made a few months ago, but I thought it may be appropriate to revisit them. Especially since I've seen a LOT of people consistently talk about how they don't trust player evaluations made by the front office.

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a disillusioned homer at this point. I still believe this team could do well, depending on what they do in the draft. I'm actually quite excited to see who they pick, especially now that Nix is on board.

I'm also wondering if the Kelsay trade rumors were started with the support of Nix and Sanders. Sanders has helped improve nearly every D-line he's been involved with. He may be able to really help Chris Ellis and a rookie become viable backups, especially if Ellis has actually been working on building an NFL body.

What are your thoughts? Do any of you disillusioned fans have any hope for the draft now that Nix is on board? Do you think we can improve our sack totals simply by having Sanders help out underachieving guys like Denney, Ellis, and Copeland Bryan?

Nighthawk
04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I've been saying on this board that Nix is one of the reasons that I have hope that this draft will be better then recent drafts. This guy knows talent and has built some good teams wherever he has gone.

psubills62
04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I've been saying on this board that Nix is one of the reasons that I have hope that this draft will be better then recent drafts. This guy knows talent and has built some good teams wherever he has gone.

Not only that, but imo there are a lot of guys who will be available at our first three picks who could contribute significantly in 2009. Guys like Ayers, Brown, Cushing, Sintim, Pettigrew, Beatty, Britton, etc. There is a lot of talent in this draft and I think that Nix and Modrak will be able to take advantage of it to really plug some holes.

Mad Bomber
04-20-2009, 10:07 PM
NIX, baby. He's back!!!!!

A nice remedy for the lame ass picks the Bills have made. This guy knows talent.

yordad
04-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I just hope Sanders can motivate McCargo.

psubills62
04-20-2009, 10:15 PM
I just hope Sanders can motivate McCargo.

I'm hoping for that too, but I'm not counting on it. I think at this point, if they get the opportunity they should grab a late-round DT to compete with McCargo. If Sanders can motivate McCargo, I'd be very impressed.

TigerJ
04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
It's interesting that the last three DL coaches have come in with high expectations that they were going to turn things around. Tim Krumrie was surrounded by hype with the stories that he wrestled with prospective draftees to assess their ability to become an NFL lineman. Bill Kollar screamed and yelled and people said he's the best defensive line coach in the league. Didn't help much. Now we've got Sanders. He is more of a teacher and has a quaieter demeanor. Maybe that will work better than flamboyance. We'll have to see. If not, the Bills are going to have to spend high draft choices on this line for several years to build it up, or get very lucky.