PDA

View Full Version : Orakpo

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2009, 06:25 AM
I may be completely off base, but I have a feeling that with all the knock on him being inconsistent and not playing 100% and boom-or-bust, there's a real chance that he could slip to us at #11.

If he did, should we take him? Or is he too risky?

acehole
04-21-2009, 06:56 AM
I may be completely off base, but I have a feeling that with all the knock on him being inconsistent and not playing 100% and boom-or-bust, there's a real chance that he could slip to us at #11.

Thought about this myself. I believe he is a hair better then brown...Reminds me to much of Bunkley a beast who disapionted...brown is smaller but the better football player.

methos4ever
04-21-2009, 07:02 AM
He's one of the true DEs in the draft. And if he takes plays off as people claim - he'd be in a rotation and can sit on the bench to take those off....

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 07:04 AM
I think this is some of the teams lower in the Top10 trying to put up a smokescreen in the hope he falls to them.

I think there is no way that Orakpo drops out of the Top10 because whilst there may be questions against him, no-one has really stepped forward to leap ahead of him.

Also no-one has ever questioned Brown's effort so I think he'll be the better pick.

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I think the Jags signing Torry Holt and probably taking Maclin out of play as a Top 10 pick hurts Orakpo's chances of slipping out of the Top 10.

To answer your question. I think the Bills would take him at #11.

ddaryl
04-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Orakpo is without a doubt the best DE in this draft. If your worried about boom or bust well then Brown, Maybin, Johnson,

Ayers may be solid but will be be able to dominate at geting to the QB which is something we are looking for,

PISSCHUNK
04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
One thing to remember about his junior season at Texas is he was chop-blocked in the first game of the season and missed a couple of weeks and really never had the burst needed to perform the way he was capable of. His senior season he elevated his game. Yeah, he does seem to disappear at times while playing the run first. He is a beast at a position we need help!
With that being said...I don't think he makes it to us.

I have a question for you Pat...if Raji slides to us, do we take him?

Late

yordad
04-21-2009, 08:36 AM
I want Orakpo!!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-21-2009, 10:51 AM
[quote=kernowboy]

I think there is no way that Orakpo drops out of the Top10 because whilst there may be questions against him, no-one has really stepped forward to leap ahead of him.

quote]

I believe anyone who can work the word "whilst" into their post :)

Mahdi
04-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I think the Jags signing Torry Holt and probably taking Maclin out of play as a Top 10 pick hurts Orakpo's chances of slipping out of the Top 10.

To answer your question. I think the Bills would take him at #11.
The Jags drafted 2 DEs last year with their first 2 picks. They are not going DE.

DrGraves
04-21-2009, 11:00 AM
I want him more than anyone in the draft (asides from Curry/Crabtree/Stafford)

The last buffalo fan
04-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Please do it!!

patmoran2006
04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
The furthest I could see Orakpo falling is to GB at #9

BillsWin
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM

The question is, if Raji and Orakpo both fall who do we take? we need a defensive end, but I like Raji's talent upside a bit better. Although Orakpo is just amazing.

Or do we skip both and trade down. Someone below us would like Orakpo.

yordad
04-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Let's start a rumor and try and help him slip to us.

"Orakpo is a steriod using crack smoker who hates white people".

Don't tell him I said that. :couch:

yordad
04-21-2009, 01:16 PM
The question is, if Raji and Orakpo both fall who do we take? we need a defensive end, but I like Raji's talent upside a bit better. Although Orakpo is just amazing.

Or do we skip both and trade down. Someone below us would like Orakpo.Orakpo.