• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

What ever happened to Peppers??

What happened to his trade demands??
    I know the Pats were going to get him supposedly for a second and it fell through. Hell, the Bills second is a lot better than there's. I say give that up for him and our DE needs are greatly improved and we can use both the first rounders on a LT and TE.

Thoughts??

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: What ever happened to Peppers??

Actually, New England picked up a second-rounder from the Chiefs that is about nine or ten spots ahead of ours.

There's problems with the Bills trying to trade for him. He almost certainly wants a new, long-term contract. He also has a short list of 3-4 defensive teams that he wants to play for, and obviously the Bills won't be on it. I seriously doubt then that he'd agree to a long-term contract with the Bills.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ryjam282
      • Mar 2003

Ahhh yes, I forgot the 3- 4part. That all but excludes us anyways.

Thanks.

Mods, you can delete this thread if you like.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ryjam282
        • Mar 2003

Ahhh yes, I forgot the 3- 4part. That all but excludes us anyways.

Thanks.

Mods, you can delete this thread if you like.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
          Actually, New England picked up a second-rounder from the Chiefs that is about nine or ten spots ahead of ours.

There's problems with the Bills trying to trade for him. He almost certainly wants a new, long-term contract. He also has a short list of 3-4 defensive teams that he wants to play for, and obviously the Bills won't be on it. I seriously doubt then that he'd agree to a long-term contract with the Bills.
          I think he would play in our 4-3 for the right price. Everyone can be bought... but would the Bills be willing to pay? Probably not.

If I were making the decisions at 1 Bills drive... I would trade a 1st (#28), 4th, and Kelsay for Peppers. Then I would trade a 3rd... maybe even a 4th too for John Henderson. I take Pettigrew at #11 or trade a few spots back and take him later. Then take best available center or LBer in 2nd round.

That would make us a playoff contender in my book.
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Commissioner
            I think he would play in our 4-3 for the right price. Everyone can be bought...
            I don't know. He reportedly turned down a contract with Carolina that would have made him the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL at the time. That was right after he had his worst season, getting only 2.5 sacks in 2007. He is pretty adamant about not signing long-term unless he gets the right situation.

None of it really matter, though. He hasn't even signed his tender, and until he does it is unlikely he will be traded anywhere. For all the rumors surrounding his being traded, at this point the most likely scenario is his returning to Carolina. Unless he signs his tender before the draft, there likely won't be time to work out a deal and a new contract with another team.

Comment

• DBrown77
              Watching the Bills suck since 1999
              • Mar 2005

They talk about it everyday on sports talk radio down here. He hasnt signed his tender which ties Carolina's hands for any trade talks. Carolina said they have no problem keeping him. I do expect him to be traded somewhere this week. Peppers isnt looking for a huge contract. He is looking for a place where he is not the center of attention. This info came from Brenson Buckner his former teammate

Comment

Working...
              X