PDA

View Full Version : Connolly resigned?

kernowboy
04-21-2009, 08:06 AM
I understood that Tim Connolly was a UFA but I've now read he's just signed a contract of $9m over 2years?

What do people think of this? For me, I think its a bad deal, as Connolly is one of those underachievers who will never take the team forward.

Its about time the Sabres cleaned out the roster, brought in some free agents and see if that chemistry might work. Of our UFA, I'd rather have none of them back, and trust in bringing in new players.

I'd also happily trade one or two of the players under contract to see if that might shake things up.

Surely more of the same isn't going to be good enough?

hydro
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM
He was signed around the trade deadline. Where have you been?

User Manuel
04-21-2009, 08:13 AM
He was checking to see how they did in the playoffs and found the last piece of interesting Sabres news that wasn't filled with Sabres' players making weak excuses.

trapezeus
04-21-2009, 08:35 AM
My pal and I were wondering we could use the connolly method in our workplace. sign a contract to work, show up to the office about 30% of the time, do fairly well in that 30%, then ask for a significant raise.

Not a bad strategy. I don't think my employeers would put up with it.

SabreEleven
04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
there are worse under-achiever's on this roster.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
I understood that Tim Connolly was a UFA but I've now read he's just signed a contract of $9m over 2years?

What do people think of this? For me, I think its a bad deal, as Connolly is one of those underachievers who will never take the team forward.

Its about time the Sabres cleaned out the roster, brought in some free agents and see if that chemistry might work. Of our UFA, I'd rather have none of them back, and trust in bringing in new players.

I'd also happily trade one or two of the players under contract to see if that might shake things up.

Dude this happened like 3 months ago.

I disagree with your assesment. He is a point a game guy and gives a good effort every game. Only knock would be health.

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
there are worse under-achiever's on this roster.
Seriously

Jochen, Pommer, Tallinder

bigbub2352
04-21-2009, 10:48 AM
im not a connolly fan at all not happy we resigned him but he is the least of the worries right now, i know some defend him on here,

we need to get rid of the dead weight under contract on this team besides the people we r letting walk in FA and not getting anything for them over the last 2 yrs
I havent hated a roster more in all my years of watching this sabres team

SabreEleven
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm a Connolly fan.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 10:19 PM
im not a connolly fan at all not happy we resigned him but he is the least of the worries right now, i know some defend him on here,

we need to get rid of the dead weight under contract on this team besides the people we r letting walk in FA and not getting anything for them over the last 2 yrs
I havent hated a roster more in all my years of watching this sabres team

When did you start watching????

There have been many rosters way worse than this one.

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm a Connolly fan.

LosmanWins is a Kaleta fan too.

bigbub2352
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
When did you start watching????

There have been many rosters way worse than this one.

it was a cool brisk night

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
The Ted Sator years.

Ugh.

Mitchell55
04-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Connolly, top 3 player on our team. Best player if he just stays healthy. Pommers, Hecht, Lydman, Tall, all underachievers.

JD
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Underachiever that averages almost a point a game.. are you still ****ed up from the dead head concert?

Mitchell55
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM

I just found out yesturday that Jesus was born.

lil late man