• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Eagles Already Reaping Rewards From Peters

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown has asked to be traded.

CB Sheldon Brown pulling a page out of the Jason Peters playbook.

Good for the Eagles.

Now a question for all, is Brown a malcontent or is he right? He had a far better year than Peters did last year?
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Re: Eagles Already Reaping Rewards From Peters

I don't think a guy with 4 years left on his contract has any right to gripe. This is ridiculous. I hope he has a crappy season and they cut him and he doesn't get a penny.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
      I don't think a guy with 4 years left on his contract has any right to gripe. This is ridiculous. I hope he has a crappy season and they cut him and he doesn't get a penny.
      I hope that everyone here who wanted us to pay Peters immediately to end his holdout watches how the Eagles handle this. Yes, I KNOW that Brown isn't as critical to the Eagles as Peters was to us, but nonetheless you're going to see that well managed teams don't cave to holdouts.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
        I hope that everyone here who wanted us to pay Peters immediately to end his holdout watches how the Eagles handle this. Yes, I KNOW that Brown isn't as critical to the Eagles as Peters was to us, but nonetheless you're going to see that well managed teams don't cave to holdouts.
        are you implying we've been a well managed team? They just hired someone we didn't want to pay. I think there's a contradiction on how both teams are being managed.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-21-2009, 09:10 AM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• User Manuel
          • Nov 2003

It is an interesting situation to watch. Brown is making the exact same arguments that Peters made. By trading for Peters the Eagles have tacitly agreed that Peters "deserved" a guarantee of $25 million for his play up to that point. He really didn't get a raise until the extension starts, he just got a new signing bonus. Brown is essentially arguing the same thing. He doesn't want an immediate "raise" he wants the "respect" that a huge signing bonus will bring him.

Yes, the Eagles have been sucessfull, but they have won exactly as many Superbowls as we have and been to less. they certainly have a good front office, but is it great.

I would argue the Eagles have wasted some tremendous talent over the past 10 years.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Let their slid down the slippery slope begin.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

I like it when the Eagles say this:

It is only in the most extraordinary, in fact, less than a handful of circumstances in the last ten years that any players two new years into a contract with three years left have been adjusted. We don't think this qualifies as an extraordinary circumstance.
              Sounds very familiar, doesn't it? They could be talking about somebody else.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar
                I like it when the Eagles say this:

Sounds very familiar, doesn't it? They could be talking about somebody else.
                They why did they extend Peters? Sorry, but this proves that the Bills couldn't have done that or the list of players that hold out would have doubled or tripled.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4084596

CB Sheldon Brown pulling a page out of the Jason Peters playbook.

Good for the Eagles.

Now a question for all, is Brown a malcontent or is he right? He had a far better year than Peters did last year?
                  well, he must be a malcontent. After all, Peters was a malcontent for doing the same thing here.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                    I would argue the Eagles have wasted some tremendous talent over the past 10 years.
                    I would trade our last 10 years for their last 10 years in a heartbeat.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• User Manuel
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      I would trade our last 10 years for their last 10 years in a heartbeat.
                      I would too. I just don't think we should annoint them geniuses.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        They why did they extend Peters? Sorry, but this proves that the Bills couldn't have done that or the list of players that hold out would have doubled or tripled.
                        Yeah, we didn't do this. We signed Dockery for big money and alienated out best player on the line.

Completely different.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          well, he must be a malcontent. After all, Peters was a malcontent for doing the same thing here.
                          Brown is a malcontent as well. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. It's just funny that they're handling Brown the same way the Bills handled Peters last year. Now it will be interesting to see whether Brown shows up anytime before the season starts, unlike Peters, and whether his play gets affected by his contract, like Peters. That will tell whether he's just malcontent or a malcontent POS like Peters.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Yeah, we didn't do this. We signed Dockery for big money and alienated out best player on the line.

Completely different.
                            Walker also got paid more than Peters. But you see, Peters wasn't shooting for Dockery (much less Walker) money. He was shooting for franchise LT money, after making the Pro Bowl in 2007.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              are you implying we've been a well managed team? They just hired someone we didn't want to pay. I think there's a contradiction on how both teams are being managed.
                              I'm not implying we're a well managed team.

But I am implying that our FO handled the Peters situation in the same manner that I think the Eagles (a well managed team) are likely to handle the Brown situation. I.e., taking a hard line with a player that has numerous years left on his contract and holds out for more cash. Whether or not the Eagles were willing to pay Peters after we decided to cut ties with him is besides the point.

There are some distinctions (Peters was a more important player for the Bills than Brown is for the Eagles), but there is no contradiction.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X